{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonight's games.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonight's games.

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:08 am

Just watched the ‘incident again’ from a differing angle. I was right one held the ball longer than he ought and the other tired to grab it. Not a punch thrown, not an ounce of real aggression just a lot of over active hugging and posturing. Sad really.

Either behave or go for it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 am

All this would stop if the clock stopped when the ball went dead or the keeper had control of the ball after six seconds
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Macclesfield have only lost one game at home and only conceded 8 goals. Crewe do not have a good record there.

Maybe that ‘disgraceful’ 0-0 we got there which made this board explode wasn’t so bad after all?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 am

There was a better ruck at the end of the Middlesbrough game.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:52 am

Dan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Macclesfield have only lost one game at home and only conceded 8 goals. Crewe do not have a good record there.

Maybe that ‘disgraceful’ 0-0 we got there which made this board explode wasn’t so bad after all?!

Dan it was disgraceful as we set up with 3 DM’s against a team that had hardly trained and weren’t paid!

I assume you didn’t go?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:57 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dan it was disgraceful as we set up with 3 DM’s against a team that had hardly trained and weren’t paid!

I assume you didn’t go?

That was a game we should have gone full throttle but didn't... we sat back and just expected to win because they hadn't trained or been paid.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:57 pm

part time pete wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::silent: AFC Mansfield v Clownty in the senior cup tonight :lol:

Can’t understand why we don’t play in this cup. Even Forest u23’s are in it this season.

i'd worry if our 1st team played afc, let alone our u23s
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:We will get something on Saturday I think.

Yep, probably a good hiding
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:We will get something on Saturday I think.

Yep, probably a good hiding

keep the faith Spiro mi owd

we are nearly through the storm
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

mate, it's gone from a strong wind to a force 9 and i'm holding on.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

:roll: they played a game 3 days before our game so trained as much as they would’ve done normally.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Dan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

:roll: they played a game 3 days before our game so trained as much as they would’ve done normally.

So did you go? Everyone on that terrace at Macclesfield had the same view on our “performance” and set up that day.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 am

Dan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

No they hadn't as they had been told not to train for over a week as they were advised that they weren't insured.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 am

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

No they hadn't as they had been told not to train for over a week as they were advised that they weren't insured.

bull.

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures ... 2-nov-19/#
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 am

Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

bull.

Read all that. Please show me the paragraph that tells us where they had been training as normal, you may struggle as it isn't there.

"Players had been advised not to train beforehand because of concerns over health insurance, but the club has since paid the premiums."

The full article in which you will see they had not been training since before their FA Cup game. The one where the youth team got walloped because the first team were on strike. They had in fact not been training properly since the 31st October when they had yet again not been paid.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50438021

I'll call your bull and raise you deluded.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:02 am

Don't wind him up...he'll start shouting about kids again
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:13 am

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

I assume you didn’t go?

bull.

Read all that. Please show me the paragraph that tells us where they had been training as normal, you may struggle as it isn't there.

"Players had been advised not to train beforehand because of concerns over health insurance, but the club has since paid the premiums."

The full article in which you will see they had not been training since before their FA Cup game. The one where the youth team got walloped because the first team were on strike. They had in fact not been training properly since the 31st October when they had yet again not been paid.

Irrelevant. I said they'd played a game 3 days before they played us, you said they didn't, I proved you wrong.

Sedgwick haven't you got some bull of your own to make up, not seen any today ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Why are you so angry recently Dan?!

PM me if you need to talk mate. :)
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 pm

Why are certain people allowed to swear on this forum and other's can't?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Random Hero wrote:Why are you so angry recently Dan?!

Might not be getting owt at home. :lol:
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:02 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Why are you so angry recently Dan?!

Might not be getting owt at home. :lol:

I just said to the wife the next reply will be from you, so predictable :lol: :lol:

And you'd know about not getting owt wouldn't you :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 pm

It's good to see I'm still in your home conversations, well chuffed with that.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm

BigGuy wrote:Why are certain people allowed to swear on this forum and other's can't?

bull is on the ok list. Even Marty's used it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:36 pm

Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:

bull.

Irrelevant. I said they'd played a game 3 days before they played us, you said they didn't, I proved you wrong.

Sedgwick haven't you got some bull of your own to make up, not seen any today ;)

At no time did I say they hadn't played the tinpot cup game. My reply was concerned with you stating they had "trained as much as they would’ve done normally." which they clearly hadn't. Here it is again:-
"No they hadn't as they had been told not to train for over a week as they were advised that they weren't insured"

I've highlighted the important word for you, as you seem to be struggling,
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:02 pm

You seem to be struggling to understand that when players play a game on a Wednesday night and a Saturday, they don't train anyway. It's all rest, recovery, massages & recuperation, which is exactly what they did. So as I said they 'trained as much as they would’ve done normally'. ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum