{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pilgrims Scorefred sponsored by Follow The Yellow Brick Rd

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pilgrims Scorefred sponsored by Follow The Yellow Brick

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:25 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Usual suspects for the goals

1st Bishop lost his man and was well beaten in the air. It could have been a midget scoring for all the difference height made as Bishop lost a good yard on the run in.

2nd Preston gave away another stupid penalty by shoving his player in the back as he was running away from goal with not a chance of scoring.

3rd. Pearce woefully out of position for a long punt upfield and far too slow to catch his man. The lad took it well but had more room than a banana in a JCB bucket.

Created plenty of chances but as alluded to earlier in the thread, our set pieces are just wafted in like a feather on a breeze making them far too easy to defend.

A la Chris Clements.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:What did the new lad from Everton play like once on?

Poorly if I'm being honest. But with no training with the side and no club for ages it was to be expected. He doesn't need to wash his kit, put it that way.

He was only released three days ago wasn’t he?

No he was released back in June but trained with Everton to get over an injury and fill in in their under 23s. His last competitive game was 55 minutes for Bolton in 2018. Technically speaking he's played a few games for Everton u23s in the trophy games which is against league teams but ye only played in 2 games.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:34 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Poorly if I'm being honest. But with no training with the side and no club for ages it was to be expected. He doesn't need to wash his kit, put it that way.

No he was released back in June but trained with Everton to get over an injury and fill in in their under 23s. His last competitive game was 55 minutes for Bolton in 2018. Technically speaking he's played a few games for Everton u23s in the trophy games which is against league teams but ye only played in 2 games.

Fair enough, read on twitter about released a few days ago, thanks for the info.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Fair enough, read on twitter about released a few days ago, thanks for the info.

Taken from Wikipedia so there is a chance it's bull. With injuries, the club he got injured at should help him recover from the injury so its not out the realms of possibility. Could have been non contract and only paid for games he's featured for the u23s?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm

On coach on way home. Should not have lost that game. Should have been three up. Poor finishing again, pressed for thirty minutes then slowed off. Players worked hard and closed Argyll out. One of their players went down for a time out and they changed formation. Poor first goal set piece, penalty by Preston again for second, third scored whilst chasing. A better performance, Two Argyll fans at the end said we should have won this game. Much better from the Stags, Lovely ground at Plymouth, nice people just another points lost game. Argyll didn't win that game we lost it.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Sitting at Plymouth station and four different Plymouth fans(not all at once) have come up to me since the game and said we deserved a win or at least a draw.
We didn’t deserve to lose. A draw would have been fair as a minimum.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:We should have scored at least 4.

CJ’s end product is embarrassing at times.

I've said before, a dog chasing a balloon in t'park has more control than CJ.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Getting even a draw a Plymouth would have been a great result, not too surprised we didn't get a anything. We desperately need a win so onto next week against Bradford. Sod all the criticism and slating and make Field Mill a fortress next week and help the lads get a result, we definitely need one more than ever.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Sneag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:But Musings says we're not in a relegation scrap...

Dead cert for relegation at this rate.

Still not worried. Did you honestly expect anything today against one of the leagues best teams?

No.

But when will we win?

next games are:

Bradford
Oldham
Carlisle
Orient
Morecambe

10 points there.

Should be, but we'll be lucky to get 5.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Going back on previous I now think it’s something we should take seriously.

Whereas I’ve no gripe against GC, I’m assuming we’ll lose against Bradford.

The games we’ve got after that are genuinely relegation 6 pointers.

It’s quite worrying
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Bradford City were no better than us when we played there at the end of December.

Two stupid penalties gifted them the points.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:17 pm

So they were better than us then, because good players don't give away stupid pens.... whereas we've got Clogger :oops:
Last edited by Spiritater on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Spiritater wrote:So they were better than us then

Sent
Did you go to the game ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Bradford City were no better than us when we played there at the end of December.

That’s the problem this season though, and who gave away the ridiculous penalty - oh yeah, raspberry in defence.

Bradford should be written off as a defeat - those games after are massive
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I’m not worried about relegation either, if there were two spots I would be but that’s thankfully not the case.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:44 pm

We should be thankful but very,very ashamed if we finish 23rd
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:45 pm

adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Bradford City were no better than us when we played there at the end of December.

That’s the problem this season though, and who gave away the ridiculous penalty - oh yeah, raspberry in defence.

Bradford should be written off as a defeat - those games after are massive

It’s guaranteed that Bradford will score a couple in the second half when they shoot towards the sold out away end. I don’t remember the last time a full or nearly full away end didn’t celebrate a second half goal at our place.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:16 pm

pemill wrote:Getting even a draw a Plymouth would have been a great result, not too surprised we didn't get a anything. We desperately need a win so onto next week against Bradford. Sod all the criticism and slating and make Field Mill a fortress next week and help the lads get a result, we definitely need one more than ever.

Agreed . I don't think many of us felt we could win today .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:37 pm

Spiritater wrote:We should be thankful but very,very ashamed if we finish 23rd

Be ironic really, we don’t get relegated thanks to Bury, but would’ve been promoted if it wasn’t for Bury.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Surfingstag1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:41 am

Encouraging performance today
Hopefully we will take all the positives to the next game against Bradford
Surfingstag1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bmthstag » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am

Hopefully GC can bring in a couple more new but experienced players in the early part of next week. Then, with a week between games, the improvement in performance will continue and we’ll get something next weekend.

I think JR is going to have to get his chequebook out and potentially pay over the odds to get the type of experienced players we need.
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:19 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Taken from Wikipedia so there is a chance it's bull. With injuries, the club he got injured at should help him recover from the injury so its not out the realms of possibility. Could have been non contract and only paid for games he's featured for the u23s?[/quote]

He had a sixth month contract from the summer until January, so yes only released in the last couple of days.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am

Thats the best we've played all season for me, intensity was here, work rate was there, dempster was right when he said we're not good enough in both boxes, Preston is a liability too.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Watched a bit of the game back and its embarrassing watching bishop chase players down... by the time hes at his man the balls been passed on twice...

And another thing you really notice from the Iplayer camera... The midfield just doesn't exist. When Charsley came on, theres a few times where he has the ball an the only option he has is lump it forward or pass it backwards to the defence... Macca is a million miles the other side of the pitch and I honestly couldn't work out who the other midfielder was at this point, there was no one within 10 yards of the new lad when he was on the ball. Absolutely shocking.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Watched a bit of the game back and its embarrassing watching bishop chase players down... by the time hes at his man the balls been passed on twice...

And another thing you really notice from the Iplayer camera... The midfield just doesn't exist. When Charsley came on, theres a few times where he has the ball an the only option he has is lump it forward or pass it backwards to the defence... Macca is a million miles the other side of the pitch and I honestly couldn't work out who the other midfielder was at this point, there was no one within 10 yards of the new lad when he was on the ball. Absolutely shocking.

Our Achilles heel - its the main reason for our demise on the pitch last season and never addressed in the summer. It's then further diminished the year.

People then question why our defence hasn't been as solid this season. Bishop dropped a level in the new year of 2019 prior to that had been fantastic. His sending off at Carlisle changed him maybe old age simply caught up (39 this year), he had a suspension hanging over him too should he have picked up another yellow card up until roughly March which equally prevented him going full throttle. The deterioration has further intensified this season with Bishop probably 3 or 4 levels below the player we initially signed. Not his fault simply life.

Bobby's injury earlier in the year didn't help either, we had a settled back line and conrad came in. Not a dig at Conrad but the relationship with Pearce has always been questionable as there never seemed any confidence from Pearce.

The lack of protection in the midfield, combined with a lack of confidence in the goal keeper simply means the pressure intensifies on the defence, the loss of Hayden White against Colchester compounded matters and we lost our pace down the right. Someone will point out we played CJ right back but that only removed our pace from the left.

Bobby's come back after a year out and still making progress. White may never be the same player as he can't get fit. Gordon (also injured) and Clarke (good player) don't have the same pace.

We need not one but two strong signings in the middle of the park this may then go some way to providing relief on our defence.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum