{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coughlan post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:Why adopt a style, when you know yourself that you have not got the player's to play it?

Surely any Managers job is to get the best out of the player's available... .

Depends on the discussion with the board when appointed and the length of the contract.
i genuinely don't know what the hell would bring the best out of Matt Preston and some of the others at the moment
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
victor A block wrote:The 5 months of ineptitude Dempster created can't be reversed in the 5 months Coughlan has left this season . Dempsters appointment could well go down as the worst managerial appointment in the clubs history . Give GC the necessary time to sort it , and that means the summer at a minimum .

He needs two seasons minimum as does every manager.

Pity our managers don't last two seasons.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Didn't go yesterday as I was in my sick bed but listened to Martin's excellent commo. He wondered if the players could continue with the high tempo game after half time. Obviously they couldn't which shows the overall lack of fitness required. The slow build up play of JD didn't work so GC is trying to get the players to play his style. Either they get fit or get out
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm

They looked knackered after 35 minutes and had already started to take over the game. I though Roses goal was against the run of play and CJ hit the post on a good counter.

It all goes back to the poor pre-season. If the fitness levels are poor then, you can't get them right in the season due to the amount of games.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:44 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:They looked knackered after 35 minutes and had already started to take over the game. I though Roses goal was against the run of play and CJ hit the post on a good counter.

It all goes back to the poor pre-season. If the fitness levels are poor then, you can't get them right in the season due to the amount of games.

This. You’re correct KKT
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm

10 minute highlights from Forest Green Rovers

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm

GC looks like now he as come to his own conclusions about the team.
You either got it or you ain't ,there is the door .
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 pm

This afternoon I have contacted trading standards in Mansfield and made an official complaint regarding Sky and their coverage of our games.

How on earth they can label coverage of our games this season with the word ‘highlights’ is scandalous and another example of dumbing down in the media.

I blame bikini clad ‘he-she’ Jeff Stelling for this.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:This afternoon I have contacted trading standards in Mansfield and made an official complaint regarding Sky and their coverage of our games.

How on earth they can label coverage of our games this season with the word ‘highlights’ is scandalous and another example of dumbing down in the media.

I blame bikini clad ‘he-she’ Jeff Stelling for this.

But you forget who he supports Sparky old chum. Anyone who watches Hartlepool regularly must think we are world beaters :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:24 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
victor A block wrote:The 5 months of ineptitude Dempster created can't be reversed in the 5 months Coughlan has left this season . Dempsters appointment could well go down as the worst managerial appointment in the clubs history . Give GC the necessary time to sort it , and that means the summer at a minimum .

Problem is a lot of fans don't have two seasons worth of patience to give managers. If we start next season poorly, the same lot will start calling for coughlans head after 5 games with a brand new squad.

A lot of our ‘fans’ don’t have two weeks worth of patience!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

Dempster was never able (or allowed) to field a settled side due to suspensions and injuries. Enough said.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:09 am

Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Problem is a lot of fans don't have two seasons worth of patience to give managers. If we start next season poorly, the same lot will start calling for coughlans head after 5 games with a brand new squad.

too true. if we aren't in the top 7 after 3 games next season the same lot will be calling for coughlan to be sacked.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Cocker CAN NOT be judged against this squad that were prepared under JD's preseason regime.

We are very poor, and very low on confidence, but the problems currently go way beyond just the manager.

Exactamundo!!

This squad is capable of much more, and with a rigorous fitness regime in place the majority are worthy of us being in & around the playoffs. Right now fitness is awful & confidence shot to pieces - it will take weeks if not months to see any real turnaround of note (imo). I personally feel a few fans need to cut some slack and help turn the mood & confidence around on match days.

Lets not forget, both Evans and Flitcroft took a while to get the team united and working cohesively - it will take GC as long if not more, given the previous debacle. Our fans, though passionate, may just need to stick it out longer and keep supporting us despite this adversity. Football is a physical and mental game - we can definitely do our bit to help with the latter while GC addresses the former ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:05 pm

Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Whilst I agree our fan-base are generally impatient beings, it's important to remember that there is a direct correlation between seasonal expectations and level of patience. Considering the context of the season is important.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum