{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Liam Lawrence was the guest this week. Not listened fully yet but i'm reliably informed his opening story is about his penalty in the play-off final.

Undr the Cosh is presented by The Beast Jon Parkin, ex Donny and Bury striker Chris Brown and another Chris Brown who is a comedian.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Listens to it in full now.

Liam comes across a bit of a tit. Talks about the play-off final miss, Keith Curle, Rhys Day and Neil Mackenzie. He also denies that he had already signed for Sunderland before the final, despite what Hassell said on the Mansfield Matters podcast.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:18 pm

A heads up that an episode with Matt Rhead is being recorded tomorrow.

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Matt Rhead

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Just been announced that the Undr The Cosh (spelling is correct) podcast are interviewing him this week. Asking listeners for questions. They also did Parlton Calmer just before Christmas but that was for paying subscribers only so haven’t heard. Great interviews every time...
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: Matt Rhead

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:31 pm

Why would you pay to listen to Parlton when you could use the money for an anal waxing
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Matt Rhead

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:Why would you pay to listen to Parlton when you could use the money for an anal waxing


What a strange hobby you have!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:21 pm

No clagnuts guaranteed :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby Stoney » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:51 am

It's a brilliant podcast. Can't wait for the Rhead one.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3411
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Listened to the Carlton Palmer episode. No mention of Mansfield at all.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:48 pm

were you suprised?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 pm

Spiritater wrote:were you suprised?


Yes, he discussed every other part of his career, and they received several requests to ask questions about Mansfield. So either they didn’t get round to asking him or he refused to answer questions on it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby The One » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Spiritater wrote:were you suprised?


Yes, he discussed every other part of his career, and they received several requests to ask questions about Mansfield. So either they didn’t get round to asking him or he refused to answer questions on it.


Did he ever play for England ?
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:51 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Spiritater wrote:were you suprised?


Yes, he discussed every other part of his career, and they received several requests to ask questions about Mansfield. So either they didn’t get round to asking him or he refused to answer questions on it.


Did he ever play for England ?


Yes and also played 1 game for the Stags, away game :?: :?: can any one remember ,it was a 2-2 draw :?: :?:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby stag324 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:46 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Spiritater wrote:were you suprised?


Yes, he discussed every other part of his career, and they received several requests to ask questions about Mansfield. So either they didn’t get round to asking him or he refused to answer questions on it.


Did he ever play for England ?


Yes and also played 1 game for the Stags, away game :?: :?: can any one remember ,it was a 2-2 draw :?: :?:


Stockport I think and actually played quite well
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby chip63 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:30 am

I was there. He came on as sub and changed the game.
Composure insight and a good brain.
A good day out on the train and nearly the worst walk from train to the ground than Rotherham.
Apart from London one of the best is Peterborough.
He was a terrible manager though.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:56 am

chip63 wrote:I was there. He came on as sub and changed the game.
Composure insight and a good brain.
A good day out on the train and nearly the worst walk from train to the ground than Rotherham.
Apart from London one of the best is Peterborough.
He was a terrible manager though.

:coys:


Must of been a different game I went to

I remember him starting the game and us being 2-0 up through Dawson and Birchall.

He came off at either 2-0 or 2-1 but we ended up drawing 2-2.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:24 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
chip63 wrote:I was there. He came on as sub and changed the game.
Composure insight and a good brain.
A good day out on the train and nearly the worst walk from train to the ground than Rotherham.
Apart from London one of the best is Peterborough.
He was a terrible manager though.

:coys:


Must of been a different game I went to

I remember him starting the game and us being 2-0 up through Dawson and Birchall.

He came off at either 2-0 or 2-1 but we ended up drawing 2-2.

I was there that game too. It was the first game of the season. Stockport fans outside warned us about his management skills. They weren't wrong!
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:08 am

:clap: :clap: well done chaps , it was on 6th August 2005 Stockport 2 (Jermaine Easter 48,66) Mansfield 2 (Stephen Dawson 22 Adam Birchall 31) :D

Subbed on 56 minutes for Giles Coke :)
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 am

Ron Atkinson summed him up perfectly

His second touch is a tackle.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Just listened to the Matt Rhead episode, decent listen.

-Talks about how felt so lucky to become a professional. We matched his JCB wages and he didn't want anything more. A few of the directors were unhappy when he first came in as a part time player.
-Ben Hutchinson and Gary Roberts most gifted players he has played with but not commitment. Roberts only turned up on Thursday and Fridays and was still the best player in training.
-Talked about the Jamie Hand stories
-Said Cox's budget halved in the second season back in the league. Loves Coxy, still talks to him.
-Knew when Murray took over his time was up as Murray wanted to change style, got nothing against him.
-Spoke about a pre-match warm up fight between Green and Howell. Warm up was cancelled, both players were packing their bags in changing room but Cox resolved it and Green scored. Said it was an away game but couldn't remember which.
-Also told the story about Woking away, brick through the window.

Talked a lot about Lincoln too and the Cowley's.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Just listened to the Matt Rhead episode, decent listen.

-Talks about how felt so lucky to become a professional. We matched his JCB wages and he didn't want anything more. A few of the directors were unhappy when he first came in as a part time player.
-Ben Hutchinson and Gary Roberts most gifted players he has played with but not commitment. Roberts only turned up on Thursday and Fridays and was still the best player in training.
-Talked about the Jamie Hand stories
-Said Cox's budget halved in the second season back in the league. Loves Coxy, still talks to him.
-Knew when Murray took over his time was up as Murray wanted to change style, got nothing against him.
-Spoke about a pre-match warm up fight between Green and Howell. Warm up was cancelled, both players were packing their bags in changing room but Cox resolved it and Green scored. Said it was an away game but couldn't remember which.
-Also told the story about Woking away, brick through the window.

Talked a lot about Lincoln too and the Cowley's.


:lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby lifestags » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Just listened to the Matt Rhead episode, decent listen.

-Talks about how felt so lucky to become a professional. We matched his JCB wages and he didn't want anything more. A few of the directors were unhappy when he first came in as a part time player.
-Ben Hutchinson and Gary Roberts most gifted players he has played with but not commitment. Roberts only turned up on Thursday and Fridays and was still the best player in training.
-Talked about the Jamie Hand stories
-Said Cox's budget halved in the second season back in the league. Loves Coxy, still talks to him.
-Knew when Murray took over his time was up as Murray wanted to change style, got nothing against him.
-Spoke about a pre-match warm up fight between Green and Howell. Warm up was cancelled, both players were packing their bags in changing room but Cox resolved it and Green scored. Said it was an away game but couldn't remember which.
-Also told the story about Woking away, brick through the window.

Talked a lot about Lincoln too and the Cowley's.


Any mention of Hereford away? (i assume not as im sure you would of noted it down)
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:54 pm

lifestags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Just listened to the Matt Rhead episode, decent listen.

-Talks about how felt so lucky to become a professional. We matched his JCB wages and he didn't want anything more. A few of the directors were unhappy when he first came in as a part time player.
-Ben Hutchinson and Gary Roberts most gifted players he has played with but not commitment. Roberts only turned up on Thursday and Fridays and was still the best player in training.
-Talked about the Jamie Hand stories
-Said Cox's budget halved in the second season back in the league. Loves Coxy, still talks to him.
-Knew when Murray took over his time was up as Murray wanted to change style, got nothing against him.
-Spoke about a pre-match warm up fight between Green and Howell. Warm up was cancelled, both players were packing their bags in changing room but Cox resolved it and Green scored. Said it was an away game but couldn't remember which.
-Also told the story about Woking away, brick through the window.

Talked a lot about Lincoln too and the Cowley's.


Any mention of Hereford away? (i assume not as im sure you would of noted it down)


No, no mention.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Top lad Rheady. Great footballing brain. Still unattatched?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Under The Cosh Podcast Matt Rhead

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Spiritater wrote:Top lad Rheady. Great footballing brain. Still unattatched?


He was at the time of the interview, he's rumoured to be joining Chester I believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bear 73, e4d0, Fitzy499, gazza1988, La Manga Stag, MTFCMusings, Nutty Stag, Parkinsons Perm and 27 guests