{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Craig Davies

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Craig Davies

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:20 am

Did anyone think he looked like he still had a bit of a hobble/limp about him when jogging today after he came on?

Still don't think he looks right on that weetabix ankle.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: Craig Davies

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 am

Yep, really poor substitution, the guy is clearly not fit.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:44 am

Craig Davies must have cost the club over half a million pounds when you take into account his transfer fee, signing on fee and wages. He was one of DF's big signings but he must be the worst signing we have ever made - 5(11) league appearances and 2 goals. JR must be tearing his hair out.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:39 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Craig Davies must have cost the club over half a million pounds when you take into account his transfer fee, signing on fee and wages. He was one of DF's big signings but he must be the worst signing we have ever made - 5(11) league appearances and 2 goals. JR must be tearing his hair out.

I hope not he will need another transplant !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 am

stagmanrob wrote:Did anyone think he looked like he still had a bit of a hobble/limp about him when jogging today after he came on?

Weird how football works init? I actually think he did alright when he came on. The only target man that played that had some intelligent touches.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:25 am

James wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Did anyone think he looked like he still had a bit of a hobble/limp about him when jogging today after he came on?

Weird how football works init? I actually think he did alright when he came on. The only target man that played that had some intelligent touches.

then that really did show how poor we played, they all need to rewatch that game today & understand just how poor they played

not one player played well, not one
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:31 am

James wrote:

Wasn't hard to look like he had some intelligent touches when all he had to do was look like he could control a ball without his second touch having to be a tackle.... That was the level of competition he was up against in all honesty.
The comment was more about his movement. Even walking down the touchline at half time we commented that he looked to have a slight limp.
I can see him being one who will struggle to get a contract elsewhere unless he proves his fitness.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:17 am

I thought he was a bit fortunate not to get sent off when he stupidly pushed that defender and only got booked. There was no reason to even touch him and the game had stopped well before. That ref didn't need an excuse to get cards out and could have given a red.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:57 am

More chance of scoring with Craig David . Surprised Knowles didn't get a chance .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:06 am

victor A block wrote:More chance of scoring with Craig David . Surprised Knowles didn't get a chance .

got a feeling with this new manager our forward line next season will look like tanks, Not good news for young Jimmy I suspect
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:06 pm

victor A block wrote:More chance of scoring with Craig David . Surprised Knowles didn't get a chance .

There might be, based on yesterday’s performance and this video.

https://youtu.be/FdgLP5h22T8
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby jr senior » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Rob wrote:Yep, really poor substitution, the guy is clearly not fit.

I was surprised to see Davies in a Stags shirt again. His body language said 'I'm not interested in playing, just taking the pay'
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bluenyellow » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:02 pm

A bit like the rest of them
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:15 pm

jr senior wrote:

I was surprised to see Davies in a Stags shirt again. His body language said 'I'm not interested in playing, just taking the pay'

Disagree strongly, he seems to be acutely aware that this is a chance to get playing again. The last three games he has stood out in the warm ups as motivated and motivating other players
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:19 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
jr senior wrote:

Disagree strongly, he seems to be acutely aware that this is a chance to get playing again. The last three games he has stood out in the warm ups as motivated and motivating other players

Agree. Whilst he hasn't contributed much in the very little time he has been given, you can't accuse of him not looking bothered.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:17 pm

I must of been watching a different game to most, like James said, I thought he looked like the only one who wanted to do something, he was lively and got about and tried to show passion. I’d start him with Cook next game.
As for Knowles, I get he is sort of one of our own (wasn’t he a forest reject) but he is lightweight and not up to the men’s game yet, keep him around the squad, get that experience with the odd sub appearance if we are comfortable, or just send him on loan to a conf or regional team, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Kettering (cox link).
What ever happened to Graham, last seasons stags fans love child?
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:23 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:I must of been watching a different game to most, like James said, I thought he looked like the only one who wanted to do something, he was lively and got about and tried to show passion. I’d start him with Cook next game.
As for Knowles, I get he is sort of one of our own (wasn’t he a forest reject) but he is lightweight and not up to the men’s game yet, keep him around the squad, get that experience with the odd sub appearance if we are comfortable, or just send him on loan to a conf or regional team, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Kettering (cox link).
What ever happened to Graham, last seasons stags fans love child?

Not starting Maynard every game from here on out would be ridiculous. Especially after he just scored a hat-trick.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:04 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I thought he was a bit fortunate not to get sent off when he stupidly pushed that defender and only got booked. There was no reason to even touch him and the game had stopped well before. That ref didn't need an excuse to get cards out and could have given a red.

This

Also it used up more time when we chasing an equaliser. Not the best game management some near me said, though the phrase the used rhymed with ‘quick sucker’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:33 pm

Maynard the main man for me.I would like to see Jimmy given a run out for half an hour at least.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:53 pm

Davies should be first out the door. Despite his injuries hes got no pace, wont jump and hasn't got the legs to press. Hes pretty much everything this manager doesn't want.

The only credit I can give him is when he came on he clapped and seemed to encourage others a lot.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Jamie wrote:Davies should be first out the door. Despite his injuries hes got no pace, wont jump and hasn't got the legs to press. Hes pretty much everything this manager doesn't want.

The only credit I can give him is when he came on he clapped and seemed to encourage others a lot.

Get rid and he will play a blinder for another club, after MTFC has paid him for a couple of years of injury.

Iffy Onoura?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Robstag38 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:37 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I thought he was a bit fortunate not to get sent off when he stupidly pushed that defender and only got booked. There was no reason to even touch him and the game had stopped well before. That ref didn't need an excuse to get cards out and could have given a red.

This

Also it used up more time when we chasing an equaliser. Not the best game management some near me said, though the phrase the used rhymed with ‘quick sucker’.

Ridiculous posts. He’s the only one in 90 minutes who actually let Grimsby know he was there. I’ve got no problem with him giving them a dig, a shove or even a cheeky elbow when they’re time wasting with 10 minutes to go. Prefer that to standing back and doing nothing
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Robstag38 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

This

Ridiculous posts. He’s the only one in 90 minutes who actually let Grimsby know he was there. I’ve got no problem with him giving them a dig, a shove or even a cheeky elbow when they’re time wasting with 10 minutes to go. Prefer that to standing back and doing nothing

Except it wasn't with 10 minutes to go it was 4 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. Last minute was taken up with his booking and the Grimsby player getting attention. It helps nobody when you get sent off even if you think it's ridiculous and it's OK to assault players.

Are you Wiffy in disguise?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Robstag38 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

This

Except it wasn't with 10 minutes to go it was 4 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. Last minute was taken up with his booking and the Grimsby player getting attention. It helps nobody when you get sent off even if you think it's ridiculous and it's OK to assault players.

Are you Wiffy in disguise?

No, he doesn't comment on football related matters.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Has every player had a thread and been slagged off so far this season? We can't be far off the complete squad :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum