{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Craig Davies

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Craig Davies

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:47 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Has every player had a thread and been slagged off so far this season? We can't be far off the complete squad :lol:

Most thoroughly deserve it, with very, very few exceptions.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby QuarrydaleStag21 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am

Robstag38 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I thought he was a bit fortunate not to get sent off when he stupidly pushed that defender and only got booked. There was no reason to even touch him and the game had stopped well before. That ref didn't need an excuse to get cards out and could have given a red.

This

Also it used up more time when we chasing an equaliser. Not the best game management some near me said, though the phrase the used rhymed with ‘quick sucker’.

Ridiculous posts. He’s the only one in 90 minutes who actually let Grimsby know he was there. I’ve got no problem with him giving them a dig, a shove or even a cheeky elbow when they’re time wasting with 10 minutes to go. Prefer that to standing back and doing nothing

A fantastic point I can not agree anymore! I Am Spartacus talks non stop waffle, bringing me to the conclusion he is indeed the chubbiest ginger of all.
QuarrydaleStag21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Robstag38 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Robstag38 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I thought he was a bit fortunate not to get sent off when he stupidly pushed that defender and only got booked. There was no reason to even touch him and the game had stopped well before. That ref didn't need an excuse to get cards out and could have given a red.

This

Also it used up more time when we chasing an equaliser. Not the best game management some near me said, though the phrase the used rhymed with ‘quick sucker’.

Ridiculous posts. He’s the only one in 90 minutes who actually let Grimsby know he was there. I’ve got no problem with him giving them a dig, a shove or even a cheeky elbow when they’re time wasting with 10 minutes to go. Prefer that to standing back and doing nothing

Except it wasn't with 10 minutes to go it was 4 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. Last minute was taken up with his booking and the Grimsby player getting attention. It helps nobody when you get sent off even if you think it's ridiculous and it's OK to assault players.

Are you Wiffy in disguise?

*yawn*
OK pal, nicey nicey must be the way
Robstag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm

One of the more useless signings in recent times.

Should be binned off at the earliest convenient time, love how folk think “him letting them know they’re in a game” constitutes a terrible late challenge :lol:

The only thing he did. Given his injuries if he were a horse he’d have been shot
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Robstag38 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Robstag38 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

This

Except it wasn't with 10 minutes to go it was 4 minutes into 5 minutes of stoppage time. Last minute was taken up with his booking and the Grimsby player getting attention. It helps nobody when you get sent off even if you think it's ridiculous and it's OK to assault players.

Are you Wiffy in disguise?

*yawn*
OK pal, nicey nicey must be the way

There is a vast difference between competitive channelled aggression and just shoving for the sake of shoving. The referee knew the difference on Saturday, unlike Davies and correctly cautioned Davies.

Do I want to Davies using his strength to win the ball, out run the defenders, smash the centre halves in a correct aerial challenge, plough defenders and goal keepers into the net during open play. A resounding yes as it shows a desire to win and a footballing brain and a maturity to use aggression to get the best from a performance.

Do I want Davies to ‘bitch shove’ a goalkeeper for no apparent reason, wasting time and not gain anything by it. Not really, just made himself look a tool.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Indeed Sparticus.....I did shout 'IDIOT' when that needless challenge went in. Not sure what he was trying to prove.

I sometimes (well mostly) think what goes on in footballers heads.

:roll:

CD might have a future but methinks it might not be at MTFC due to his long lay off and potentially injury prone future?. A tough call.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum