{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Have the owners given up?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Have the owners given up?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:04 pm

I think we all need to calm down a bit.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I think we all need to calm down a bit.

I agree, all this hysteria is becoming ‘clownish’.

Seriously, sometimes you have to take a step back, re-evaluate to build and start again. Which is what has been shown by the owners lately.

The management situation has been addressed and possibly, looking at the way that loanees are returning the playing staff is being addressed.

Think back to the dark days of the Evil Count of Sheffield, Mr. Haslam and how far we have come under JR’s stewardship. Be grateful to what we are becoming, be thankful that the owners have the acumen to change the business plan and direction when needed whether rightly or wrongly and that shows we will not stagnate and evolve. The hotel and Bishop Street are long term plans which JR wants to realise and to do that we need to get promoted. The youths set up, academy and education set up, the family room etc., these are all long term investments and not something that a serious business man or Stags fan would not walk away from due to hysterical postings of a few keyboard warriors sat in the bedroom of their mother’s house’s.

We are in good hands, long term hands, hands that are continually weighing up the best for the club and their own personal arrangements.

Chill out, it may not be the best at the moment or the even the worst (anyone remember Stuart Boam’s sides) to watch the Stags but it is a great time to be a Stags fan.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Well said Spartacus. Those old enough to remember will recall the Haslam days (when I vaguely remember there was even talk of a whip round for the players to pay for travel and have an overnight stay for a game down South, because the club couldn’t afford it).Those were not good days and we should be grateful for the set up now.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm

These are great times to be a Stags fan. When in the past have we ever been able to recruit the likes of Steve Evans, David Flitcroft and Graham Coughlan as manager. We have paid out compensation and persuaded David Flitcroft and Graham Coughlan to leave much bigger clubs in Swindon Town and Bristol Rovers to come to Field Mill. We have paid big transfer fees/signing on fees/loan fees for Lee Angol, Hayden White, Craig Davies, Otis Khan, Tyler Walker, Andy Cook and Nicky Maynard. We have persuaded our best players at the time like Danny Rose, Krystian Pearce, Alex MacDonald and CJ Hamilton to sign new contracts. We have had three seasons chasing promotion from League 2 which last happened in 2001-2002. Chesterfield and Notts County are in the National League. We have average crowds of around 4,500. We have a brand new training facility and academy. Yes...it has not gone to plan this season but John and Carolyn Radford will eventually be rewarded for their financial backing. Enjoy the moment.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 pm

These are great times to be a Stags fan?
Enjoy the moment?
We're 7th from bottom of the 4th division, the football is dire
and the team is a total mess.

Exactly what am I supposed to be enjoying?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:56 pm

The football is dire. The Field Mill match day experience is poor. We struggle to win home games. The players don't seem to be bothered.

What moment am I suppose to enjoy? Yes and I was a supporter during the Haslam years.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:00 pm

Get the rose tinted glasses off for goodness sake. We are shocking as is our league position.

We have been throwing money at M & M for them to stroll around dictating whats happening off the pitch. Hopefully this new gaffer comes in and really makes changes as it has to stop. It is currently rotten. And is a massive slap in the face of out fabulous owner who surely must be at breaking point with the drivel been served up
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:The football is dire. The Field Mill match day experience is poor. We struggle to win home games. The players don't seem to be bothered.

What moment am I suppose to enjoy? Yes and I was a supporter during the Haslam years.

This season is not great - yes, but surely the last few years (starting with the promotion from the conference) is a considerable improvement on the chaos and uncertainty of the Haslam reign?

I remember going in the early 80s at the time when Boam was manager. The whole thing was utter crxx for most of the time and maybe I am remembering it wrong but I think we regularly got crowds of at or around 2000 for league games so I am not nostalgic for that.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:14 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:The football is dire. The Field Mill match day experience is poor. We struggle to win home games. The players don't seem to be bothered.

This season is not great - yes, but surely the last few years (starting with the promotion from the conference) is a considerable improvement on the chaos and uncertainty of the Haslam reign?

I remember going in the early 80s at the time when Boam was manager. The whole thing was utter crxx for most of the time and maybe I am remembering it wrong but I think we regularly got crowds of at or around 2000 for league games so I am not nostalgic for that.
The last few years were good. Sadly we are now going backwards. In a normal season ( two relegated ) we would be in real danger of being relegated. It's the here and now that counts and the current set of players are performing as bad as any I can remember, especially when you take into how they performed under DF.

The club is currently in a mess. Some of us detected it pre season. Sadly it's worse than we thought. Going to home games is a chore not a pleasant experience.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:15 pm

It's a frustrating season but we need to put it in perspective. We could refer back to loads of previous seasons where we had a much poorer side and little hope of things getting better.

JR and Carolyn have certainly not given up. It's probably made them even more determined to succeed. I'm sure we will see some exciting signings in the summer. We just need to get to 50 points this season as soon as possible.

Keep the faith!!

COYS!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:51 pm

I just like how people assume we are not going to finish in that bottom spot.
Another 5-10 spineless no shows like Saturday, and we will be well in it. And believe you me, if anybody can do it , its this useless bunch of wasters
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:59 pm

If you can’t handle disappointment, you should really question whether watching L2 football is for you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

The last few years were good. Sadly we are now going backwards. In a normal season ( two relegated ) we would be in real danger of being relegated. It's the here and now that counts and the current set of players are performing as bad as any I can remember, especially when you take into how they performed under DF.

The club is currently in a mess. Some of us detected it pre season. Sadly it's worse than we thought. Going to home games is a chore not a pleasant experience.

You can look at it a number of ways, Andy.....

Going backwards happens, it's the nature of the sport. Doesn't help us, but likewise doesn't mean it's a unique unsolvable problem either

Knee jerk reactions (imo) are what got us in this scenario, so for me i'd rather try and stabilise than calling for the axeman as regards squad. If the players were good enough last year they can be good enough again, IF they buy intop GC's philosophy and actually get fitter, sharper & motivated. That for me will take time after the last 6 months comparative laxness
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:46 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

You can look at it a number of ways, Andy.....

Going backwards happens, it's the nature of the sport. Doesn't help us, but likewise doesn't mean it's a unique unsolvable problem either

Knee jerk reactions (imo) are what got us in this scenario, so for me i'd rather try and stabilise than calling for the axeman as regards squad. If the players were good enough last year they can be good enough again, IF they buy intop GC's philosophy and actually get fitter, sharper & motivated. That for me will take time after the last 6 months comparative laxness

It’s absolutely ridiculous to expect ANY incoming manager to sort out the issues that exist IN THE SHORT TERM. Let’s see whether, in what’s left of this season, GC can rescue ANY of this squad from their collective dire levels of fitness, confidence, competence, commitment, morale and pride in their performance.

One thing’s for sure, we need a truck load of new faces in the summer.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vera Duckworth » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:41 pm

The more people that question the owners level of interest, the more likely it is to reduce!

They must feel like they can't win sometimes!
Vera Duckworth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stag on the Beach » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:55 pm

tibby wrote:We have been throwing money at M & M for them to stroll around dictating whats happening off the pitch.

At the risk of showing myself up, who are M & M?
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Stag on the Beach wrote:
tibby wrote:We have been throwing money at M & M for them to stroll around dictating whats happening off the pitch.

I guess Maynard and mellis or Mcdonald :lol: i might also show my self up :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Stag on the Beach wrote:

I guess Maynard and mellis or Mcdonald :lol: i might also show my self up :lol:

Hands up me too.....but not being one of the Forum In Crowd I didnt want to let my absolute ignorance be shot down by those in on it !!!!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Has no one heard of the phrase its a small world ,they live three and s half hours away ,its not like its the end of the world ,god i do my mother in laws asda shop from spain ,i regularly speak with my mates and still watch stags its a cheap flight away
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum