{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Home Form

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Home Form

Postby adamstag » Mon May 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Stoney wrote:
Stoney wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stag324 wrote:
Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.


Great way to stir up more animosity towards the players.

Extremely immature


No it isn’t. If it’s true then it’s true.

Exactly. The immature part is the player being paid £3,500 a week and going round telling people he hates Mansfield fans.

I'm purposely not outing him until he leaves the club to save animosity towards him. Once he leaves which will may be in January I will post it on this thread should anybody be bothered.

Alex MacDonald.

I said I'd post it when he left the club to save any animosity, im a man of my word. He was telling a few people Mansfield fans are pathetic and he hates it here. Not surprised he's left.


He was a bad egg and I don’t think many would miss him.

The lad wouldn’t know what a football was if it smacked him in the face. Whereas I appreciate he’d run lots - often like a headless chicken and would lose the ball as soon as he got it - he wasn’t worth a fraction of what he was on.

In the current times I hope he finds something else football wise but I can’t say I’d miss him
Last edited by adamstag on Mon May 18, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7736
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Home Form

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon May 18, 2020 5:15 pm

I'm not surprised at that as he has been subjected to a lot of abuse. On the other hand some also think he walks on water. It didn't show in his effort towards the end as he tried more than most in the latter games.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2908
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby west country stag » Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm

He was always going to be the little fat boy running around like an headless chicken .
VERY MUCH OVER RATED !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Home Form

Postby Amberheart » Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Wow I never expected it to be MacDonald, I thought maybe Maynard .
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3098
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon May 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Really disappointed if this is accurate.

He was really good when he came and the club allegedly turned down some attractive offers for him. He also went on record about settling in the area with his family didn't he?
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Rob » Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Purely based on football MacDonald would have been first out of the door.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Home Form

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:45 pm

I'd have said Bishop myself. Noticed he's reappeared on twitter a few days ago.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Home Form

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:07 pm

Given Macca was the first player to always come over to the fans and applaud he clearly did a good job hiding his true feelings (providing its true).

I haven't got a bad word to say about him always gave his all in the shirt and will always be fondly remembered for the goal at Coventry arguably one of the best away days in recent years.

Good luck Macca.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm

I spoke to MacDonald quite a bit after I had a long chat with him on one occasion during his long injury lay off. I have to say the above was absolutely not the impression I got from him at all. I got the very strong impression he enjoyed being at Mansfield.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19941
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Home Form

Postby Rob » Tue May 19, 2020 12:03 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Given Macca was the first player to always come over to the fans and applaud he clearly did a good job hiding his true feelings (providing its true).

I haven't got a bad word to say about him always gave his all in the shirt and will always be fondly remembered for the goal at Coventry arguably one of the best away days in recent years.

Good luck Macca.


He was a 5/10 at best most weeks. Great he clapped the fans, but he rarely scored, his set pieces were garbage, his fitness was questionable and not one person knows his best position. For 3.5k he was a complete waste of money.

Good luck to him though :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Home Form

Postby Big yella » Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I spoke to MacDonald quite a bit after I had a long chat with him on one occasion during his long injury lay off. I have to say the above was absolutely not the impression I got from him at all. I got the very strong impression he enjoyed being at Mansfield.

Yes, because he was bound to tell someone in your position how much he hated it here wasn't he?
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Home Form

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 am

I remember an interview he did not too long after arriving, where he said he had bought a house and settled in Farnsfield I think it was (?) and that he had a young daughter who had settled in Nursery in the area too.
Never gave the impression that he was one who hated it here, so I expect the abuse he was getting towards the end of his time here wouldn't have helped.

The MacDonald we saw pre and post Steve Evans, seemed to be two different players entirely.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2357
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Home Form

Postby adamstag » Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

stagmanrob wrote:I remember an interview he did not too long after arriving, where he said he had bought a house and settled in Farnsfield I think it was (?) and that he had a young daughter who had settled in Nursery in the area too.
Never gave the impression that he was one who hated it here, so I expect the abuse he was getting towards the end of his time here wouldn't have helped.

The MacDonald we saw pre and post Steve Evans, seemed to be two different players entirely.


The problem being is he came across as quite arrogant and expected the Mansfield fans to bow down and appreciate the pretty standard fare he produced.

Fans are never likely to easily take to someone who’s arrogant, but if you are going to be arrogant (like Lawrence) at least have something about your game to back it up.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7736
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Home Form

Postby MobileStag » Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 am

adamstag wrote:
The problem being is he came across as quite arrogant and expected the Mansfield fans to bow down and appreciate the pretty standard fare he produced.

Fans are never likely to easily take to someone who’s arrogant, but if you are going to be arrogant (like Lawrence) at least have something about your game to back it up.


Can I ask how he came as across as arrogant to you? I am not a big Mcdonald fan and think it's a good decision to release him but in my opinion he seemed to work hard on the pitch and always gave a big round of applause to the fans at the end of the game, seemed a fairly normal bloke to me.
MobileStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests