{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Home Form

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Home Form

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 pm

Our home points put us joint bottom and our away points have us in eighth. From a great home record to the worst. What the :evil: has happened?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Our home points put us joint bottom and our away points have us in eighth. From a great home record to the worst. What the :evil: has happened?


Have you forgotten? We are toxic!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8283
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Home Form

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:57 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Our home points put us joint bottom and our away points have us in eighth. From a great home record to the worst. What the :evil: has happened?


Have you forgotten? We are toxic!

The results point to something wrong when playing at home. What do you think it is ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14307
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Our home points put us joint bottom and our away points have us in eighth. From a great home record to the worst. What the :evil: has happened?


Have you forgotten? We are toxic!

The results point to something wrong when playing at home. What do you think it is ?


I wish I knew, Whiffy
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8283
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Home Form

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Nothing short of catastrophic this season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Yes.

It’s the fans fault they’re a half arsed underfit overpaid bunch of embarrassments - apparently :lol:

:shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Home Form

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:11 pm

All this bull about the atmosphere etc.

It's up the the on field performers to get the fans going, we are all out of blind faith.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Beano » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:46 pm

They feel under pressure at home, and have shown several times over the last 3 seasons that they are unable to handle pressure.

They need a George Foster, Keith Alexander, or Brian Kilcline to give em a “cuddle”.
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Under pressure? From whom? The pressure arises from underperforming for a whole calendar year and still it continues into this year.

For the players to expect to receive the adulation that they did at the start of the first half of last season, for the first half of this year is fanciful.

Using the phrase ‘toxic atmosphere’ at home games as a basis for underperforming during 2019 is fanciful.

The simple reason is the team, for whatever reason and there are many, has underperformed for a whole twelve months. It is easy for players, supporters or even club officials to find blame elsewhere such as ‘toxic atmosphere’, ‘gypsy curse’ etc., when hard work, application and a little thought are all that is required.

Fans are fickle, always have been and always will be. They boo, shout and curse because they aren’t entertained or see their team play well. Equally they cheer, sing and worship false idols (Rose, Palmer, Roddy Collins etc.) when things are going well.

Just give us something to cheer, I don’t think we are asking for much?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Home Form

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:17 am

Our fans and home attendances have been great this season for a team in the bottom half of League 2. Average home crowd is 4,438 after today. It makes you wonder what they would be like if we were near the top.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6668
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Our fans and home attendances have been great this season for a team in the bottom half of League 2. Average home crowd is 4,438 after today. It makes you wonder what they would be like if we were near the top.


A bit like last season's I'd say, eh Darren :lol: :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4739
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Home Form

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 am

I think they might be higher Rob. We averaged 4,897 last season. Being only 400 down on that average with the season we have been having is very encouraging.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6668
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:59 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think they might be higher Rob. We averaged 4,897 last season. Being only 400 down on that average with the season we have been having is very encouraging.


My point was we were challenging all season ;) We sold a lot of season tickets based on that. Be a struggle this summer.

Support is there, good football helps.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4739
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Home Form

Postby Stoney » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:17 am

I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Home Form

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:38 am

Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.


There’s lot of bad eggs at the club which don’t lead the life of a professional footballer currently at the club. The End of the day a lot are stealing an inflated wage from the club and know this but use the fans as an excuse for there constant poor performances when they should be looking at themselves.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:59 am

The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Home Form

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:23 am

stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!


Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Home Form

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 am

Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.

You should ‘out’ him especially if it’s Bishop. Either way if he hates us as you say why would you hold that in. That player needs outing imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:44 am

Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!


Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.




So why are we not continuing in that positive vein, instead of reverting to being a little above "pub team" standard.

Early days but I believe GC will root the bad eggs out and season's end will see us waving goodbye to many of our over inflated egotistic heroes.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:45 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.

You should ‘out’ him especially if it’s Bishop. Either way if he hates us as you say why would you hold that in. That player needs outing imo.


I agree. Name and shame.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Home Form

Postby stag324 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am

What we need is a leader, a true captain.
Someone who can fire the players up on the pitch, and in turn fans hearing this would also fire them up.

At the moment this squad lacks the ability and desire to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dig a result out.

As for bad eggs, I do think Bishop is one of them. His attitude at times on the pitch is awful for someone with such experience.
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 am

oldweststander wrote:All this bull about the atmosphere etc.

It's up the the on field performers to get the fans going, we are all out of blind faith.


Are you kidding? That just further backs up the sing when we score mentality...

Every home game is the same, clap and sing as the players walk out, whistle goes and it's silent after 2 minutes. Untill we score, then when we score it goes quiet again shortly after.

It's the crowds job to get the team going an vice versa.. paying to go to a match of the team you supposedly support to just sit then untill they score? Number one reason our atmosphere is utter dog do.

Stags also have some of the most entitled fans in the league. Just because we have a good owner and have spent some money we assume we will just beat everyone and when we're not 5-0 up the atmosphere will also quickly turn sour rather than trying to get the lads going. It's very poor and I've stopped enjoying home games.

I went to Wycombe the other week, they were 2-0 down but the atmosphere just got better and better and the players reacted to it and they won.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2428
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Home Form

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am

Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!


Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.


Not exactly. We were playing well against a poor side, we were smashing them. The double sending off then enabled the goals to flow, they also scored after the sending offs. Their support also put ours to shame that day.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2428
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Home Form

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:48 am

Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:I agree the support is there, there is never any negativity at the start of home matches yet the players slate us.

I know one current player 'hates Mansfield fans'. I won't name who until he leaves.

You should ‘out’ him especially if it’s Bishop. Either way if he hates us as you say why would you hold that in. That player needs outing imo.


I agree. Name and shame.


Its Bishop.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3486
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Home Form

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:56 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The most worrying thing about our home form is that the last time we won at home, it was in October against Oldham...and we all know the reason we won that was because they were reduced to 9 men.

Even more worryingly, is that I don't think if Grimsby had a further player sent off yesterday, it would have made much of a difference!


Sorry I'm not having that. Were you there against Oldham? We were 2 up and smashing them all over before the double sending off.


Not exactly. We were playing well against a poor side, we were smashing them. The double sending off then enabled the goals to flow, they also scored after the sending offs. Their support also put ours to shame that day.


We were 2 nil up and playing well 11 v 11. They had two sent off and scored before we put them to bed. It was not a case of 'we only won because they had two sent off' as stagmanrob claimed.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests