{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:55 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:21 pm

I think Rose’s chance was after 45 seconds and not 45 minutes.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 pm

part time pete wrote:I think Rose’s chance was after 45 seconds and not 45 minutes.

thanks, amended
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stag861 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:11 am

"A word on the Stags fans who stuck with their side throughout." There seemed to be plenty leaving after Vale's second goal went in. I hope they heard the roars when we scored our brace.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:25 am

stag861 wrote:"A word on the Stags fans who stuck with their side throughout." There seemed to be plenty leaving after Vale's second goal went in. I hope they heard the roars when we scored our brace.

I didn't notice that. It seemed to me that the majority of fans stayed behind the side even at 2-0 down
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Excellent report and I agree with all the player ratings.
I suspect that Coughlan would also agree with the 4 or 5 for Danny Rose.

Managers always give a player at least a brief slap on the back when they leave the pitch, but Rose was ignored by Coughlan completely. Although I don't like picking on players; he not only made an awful hash of two great chances, he also played a part in setting up Port Vale's first goal by trying to claim a foul rather than keeping his feet and tackling back. I'm sure he won't be starting on Sunday, and I wonder whether he'll even get a place on the bench? Coughlan has identified that our lack of finishing prowess is a priority, and Rose has marked himself as the problem rather than the solution.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Bradders wrote:Excellent report and I agree with all the player ratings.

Managers always give a player at least a brief slap on the back when they leave the pitch, but Rose was ignored by Coughlan completely. Although I don't like picking on players; he not only made an awful hash of two great chances, he also played a part in setting up Port Vale's first goal by trying to claim a foul rather than keeping his feet and tackling back. I'm sure he won't be starting on Sunday, and I wonder whether he'll even get a place on the bench? Coughlan has identified that our lack of finishing prowess is a priority, and Rose has marked himself as the problem rather than the solution.

Coughlan went to Rose after the game and gave him a much longer embrace than the other players and seemed to be explaining something and trying to build his confidence. He was also encouraging Danny to get his head up and get back after the second miss.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:01 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bradders wrote:Excellent report and I agree with all the player ratings.

Coughlan went to Rose after the game and gave him a much longer embrace than the other players and seemed to be explaining something and trying to build his confidence. He was also encouraging Danny to get his head up and get back after the second miss.

That's good. Perhaps he was just engrossed in the tactical change when Danny left the pitch and forgot to congratulate him. Certainly there's nothing to be gained by destroying his confidence altogether, and I'm sure that Danny is well aware that he should have done better.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:27 am

stag861 wrote:"A word on the Stags fans who stuck with their side throughout." There seemed to be plenty leaving after Vale's second goal went in. I hope they heard the roars when we scored our brace.

old stag n young yorkie :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum