{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

GC Learning

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: GC Learning

Postby lifestags » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:09 am

pemill wrote:
lifestags wrote:He needs more reserve game time for me, very good in a 1 on 1 situation, decent quality on the ball, but he is constantly out of position, could of cost us 3 times in the last 2 games.

Notably the cross that lead to their first goal didn't come in from his flank

True, but the free header from 6 yards out in the first half did.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:25 am

lifestags wrote:
pemill wrote:
lifestags wrote:He needs more reserve game time for me, very good in a 1 on 1 situation, decent quality on the ball, but he is constantly out of position, could of cost us 3 times in the last 2 games.

Notably the cross that lead to their first goal didn't come in from his flank

True, but the free header from 6 yards out in the first half did.

Could but didn't. No full back can cut out 100% of the supply coming down their flank. That's why you have centre backs, goalies, midfielders etc.

The last 3 goals conceded have come down the left flank rather than the right. But where the final ball in comes from is only telling part of the story.
Last edited by Sneag on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 am

Nottsstag100 wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Khan not worth a place IMO.

Are you kidding me????

Khan is one of the only players with a bit of flair to them. Him along with mellis and Maynard should be starters.

Those stating a new attacking midfielder is needed, need to look at the bench and see that khan is fit for that role.

He has the flair of grant and can, unlike grant, play football. A few goals for him would see him become a fan favourite I believe.

A big away win is needed :coys:

Totally disagree, I can only remember two occasions when Khan has looked the part, his debut last season and a fairly recent away win when JD described him as "unplayable". His form never lasts for more than one game at a time which in my book doesn't warrant, a starting place.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:17 am

oldweststander wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Khan not worth a place IMO.

Are you kidding me????

Khan is one of the only players with a bit of flair to them. Him along with mellis and Maynard should be starters.

Those stating a new attacking midfielder is needed, need to look at the bench and see that khan is fit for that role.

He has the flair of grant and can, unlike grant, play football. A few goals for him would see him become a fan favourite I believe.

A big away win is needed :coys:

Totally disagree, I can only remember two occasions when Khan has looked the part, his debut last season and a fairly recent away win when JD described him as "unplayable". His form never lasts for more than one game at a time which in my book doesn't warrant, a starting place.

Khan has looked good when he gets a run of games. Start of last season before he got injured he looked good, and September-October time this season looked good.

Needs a prolonged run in the side.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:22 am

In all fairness to GC & JD they haven't had much time with the players, certainly not enough time to impose their influence on the team.

Two games in, they will have some info as to who can provide what, for sure they should now know proper creativity will comes from the likes of Mellis &/or Khan. To get the best out of CJ for instance you have to play Mellis. They will also know Danny Rose is lacking confidence in front of goal, not sure how you pick someone up after missing to absolute sitters from close range, not even close, let alone on target - granted the first of his chances did bounce awkwardly.

The midfield for the past two games is, lets say a battling midfield, the similar players who can break the play up.

He'll now know we concede stupidly soft goals and for all the 'get Bobby back, the defence has no confidence in Conrad brigrade' all I can say is I told you so, it isn't his fault.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 am

I think the improvement we have seen (willing to keep fighting for the entire game) is all we could have realistically expected so short in his reign, 4-0 was the more likely result against Port Vale under Dempster.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:20 pm

But he didn't, it was the established pros that cost us in the end.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:28 pm

The games come thick and fast at the moment, add to that Christmas, Cocker hasn't had any time on the training pitch to work on shape or tactics yet.

He'll get them there eventually. I have no doubt.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:32 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:The games come thick and fast at the moment, add to that Christmas, Cocker hasn't had any time on the training pitch to work on shape or tactics yet.

:lol: Cocker, Whats his number 2 called :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:38 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:The games come thick and fast at the moment, add to that Christmas, Cocker hasn't had any time on the training pitch to work on shape or tactics yet.

:lol: Cocker, Whats his number 2 called :lol:

Dunno.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum