{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

When You Bishop On A Star

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

When You Bishop On A Star

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Welcome back Bish.

I was great to see the real Neal Bishop again on Saturday. The Neal Bishop we’ve been seeing was a poor version of the real one.

I know he’s running out of years, lacks a yard of pace and occasionally loses is rag - but, on his day, the Bish ought to be first name on the team sheet.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: When You Bishop On A Star

Postby chip63 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm dreaming of a White Xmas.
Just like those games we used to play.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 pm

When Bishop first started at the Stags he was the massive impact we needed and pushed our performance levels to a new high.
For some reason since the sending off and the county game he has lost that spark.
Hoping GC can reignite the spark and get him back on his A game till the end off the season.
That would be a massive boost to the team we need .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Stanty Claus is coming to town!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Agreed. Bish ran the middle field in supporting the strikers and took a few shots.

Make him captain he does talk to the referees
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:18 am

My Grimsby supporting friend thinks that Neal Bishop is one of the best refs in League 2. :lol:

There were stories circulating last week that Neal Bishop was not happy with JD because he thought he had not got the team fit enough for the start of the season and that he was too soft with certain players. It was interesting after the first game at Newport that Mike Flynn made the point that Newport were the fitter side. GC has already said he is going to work on fitness which he will need to do if we are going to play a more high tempo game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:29 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:My Grimsby supporting friend thinks that Neal Bishop is one of the best refs in League 2. :lol:

There were stories circulating last week that Neal Bishop was not happy with JD because he thought he had not got the team fit enough for the start of the season and that he was too soft with certain players. It was interesting after the first game at Newport that Mike Flynn made the point that Newport were the fitter side. GC has already said he is going to work on fitness which he will need to do if we are going to play a more high tempo game.

This is very accurate. Bishop would be going out for extra runs etc under JD. Under Flitcroft Bishop needed to rest. The fitness levels were evident
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:14 am

In Portugal even with the scorching heat I thought Bish was the hardest working during the training and matches . Quite impressive regarding his age and I have been sorry to see his form slump. There is still fire in his belly and no reason why he can’t find his form again he’s a fit guy and can go on till he’s 40 if he’s looked after and used with care.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:49 pm

chip63 wrote:I'm dreaming of a White Xmas.

We Bish you a Merry Christmas, we Bish you a Merry Christmas, we Bish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:45 pm

MOTG wrote:
chip63 wrote:I'm dreaming of a White Xmas.

We Bish you a Merry Christmas, we Bish you a Merry Christmas, we Bish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Excellent participation in this Yuletide whimsy!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:04 pm

;) Could it be bishop was sapped of his powers when little bishop joined us on Febuary 4th this year .
Seems funny everything went downhill after that :lol:

Maybe Bishop as been concentrating to much on little bishop passing him the tools of the trade that it is draining his mighty powers for match day. :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:35 pm

I think most of us suspected fitness levels were not the same under JD. We also had our suspicions about lack of discipline.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I think most of us suspected fitness levels were not the same under JD. We also had our suspicions about lack of discipline.

Portugal was waste money, effort and time.
The One
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum