{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Forest Green new stadium, planning permission

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Forest Green new stadium, planning permission

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I quite like the idea of a sustainably built stadium. Their owner is clearly environment ally conscious and this stadium shows that he is keeping to his roots

Nuts!

Nuts!!! Are you Bellwiff in disguise? Not like you to abuse folk - even in a woodland tone!

Nuts grow on trees :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I quite like the idea of a sustainably built stadium. Their owner is clearly environment ally conscious and this stadium shows that he is keeping to his roots

Nuts!

Nuts!!! Are you Bellwiff in disguise? Not like you to abuse folk - even in a woodland tone!

Nuts grow on trees :lol:

OK! Conkers, then.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:02 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Nuts!

Not the sharpest tool.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:04 am

On Saturday a guy in the WSU told us to kill all the cows to save the planet. Soon told to shout up and watch the game. So he abused the ref instead.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag861 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

Did we offer the FGR fans vegan only food & drink? Most are non-vegans but they should have what we are offered at their place.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Planning permission refused, they are appealing.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

The One wrote:Planning permission refused, they are unappealing.

No charge.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 pm

I think this was Forest Green Rovers' appeal against the refusal of their first application for planning permission. They wanted to find out more why Stroud Council had refused it which was contrary to the Planning Officer's recommendation. They decided not to go ahead with it because they were given planning permission on a second application in December. However the Government may now call in the planning application for further consideration. Dale Vince thinks this is politically motivated as he supported Labour at the election. He's currently having a few digs at Stroud's new Conservative MP who seems to keep making excuses not to meet him and who seems to be against the proposals without discussing it with anybody. Here is what he posted on Facebook yesterday:

"A quick update on Eco Park.

We gained planning permission on the 18th of Dec last year. Our new MP, Siobhan Baillie from Oxfordshire, (who doesn’t live in the District yet) wants the Secretary of State to intervene, but can't explain why and won’t meet to discuss. We had an appeal running in the background against the refusal of the first application (in June last year), scheduled for public enquiry on the 18th of Feb. Stroud District Council have decided not to appear at the enquiry to defend their decision to refuse planning - that refusal was against officers advice to grant permission, and defending it was always going to be difficult for them.

We’ve decided this week to pull the appeal - there seems little point continuing - the council won’t defend their decision and have anyway now followed officers advice and granted consent. We can save time and money on all sides by cancelling. Of course the planning decision we have been given may be called in by the Secretary of State, in which case there will be an enquiry and a lot of time and expense on all sides. Meanwhile our new MP has taken to Facebook to criticise our local paper Stroud News & Journal for running the story of her not being willing to meet me. Complaining that she did not receive their e-mail asking for comment, though they used an address for her they have used before. She also claimed the story is incorrect because she has not refused to meet me - saying instead that she had 'explained she was busy and could not commit to a date' - that’s an embellished version of events. I had two responses to my request to meet - the first said simply ‘I will bear it in mind’ the second said she 'had no office, had urgent case work and would bear it in mind’. Three weeks have now passed.

In the same FB post our new MP assured her readers that ‘if she does meet me, she will also meet opponents of Eco Park’ - which seems to confirm there is no commitment to meet, but it also raises the question, if she has not met opponents or supporters of Eco Park yet - on what does she base her opposition? I think it high unlikely she has yet to meet opponents. And high unlikely she will meet with me to get a better understanding of this project and the benefits it will bring to this District. The Secretary of State will make a decision in the next few days, there’s no point meeting after that - either way. A disappointing start from our new 'out of town' MP.

Eco Park has been five years in planning, Siobhan has been our MP for 'five minutes' and without any discussion with anyone (apparently) believes it should not go ahead. We’ll know more in a few days, but meanwhile anyone wanting to express their views on this to Siobhan can email her on this address - Siobhan.baillie.mp@parliament.uk. It’s the ‘right' one… :lol: "
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:52 pm

Forest Green Rovers' plans for a new Eco Park stadium development have not been called in by the government so they can now go ahead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51758776
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Best of luck to them its not their fault that they are a village ,shows a lot of clubs up
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum