{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster leaves

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster leaves

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like a few of the players are out having a drink in Manchester. Hope it brings them together for the new manager.

They were on the same train as us back into Piccadilly.

Andy Cook said they knew he was gone before the game, which (to the cynical amongust you) might have explained the improved performance

doesn't explain why Maynard couldn't hid a cows arse with a banjo yesterday though!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like a few of the players are out having a drink in Manchester. Hope it brings them together for the new manager.

Andy Cook said they knew he was gone before the game, which (to the cynical amongust you) might have explained the improved performance

would have thought players out on the pop wouldn’t have been a good idea with our track record this season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:55 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

would have thought players out on the pop wouldn’t have been a good idea with our track record this season

I think the rest of our team knows it's not wise to assault folk after a night out.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:Funny that Steve Evans has got a higher percentage than Flitcroft yet some on here wouldn’t have him back yet keep drooling over failure Flitcroft! :lol:

Evans walked out on us Dan that's why he wouldn't be welcomed back.

I feel uncomfortable about the current situation regarding the current Bristol Rovers manager. Are we not doing the same thing that Peterborogh did to us ? We didn't like it when the Scottish manager was lured away from us. To my mind this doesn't reflect well on our club.

We need to advertise the post and take it from there.

Don't know why you care so much about such an approach, it's just business. If we get our man and it yields success, that would be the only thing that matters. Fact.

Well that's one way of looking at it.

This kind of approach doesn't put the club in a good light.

Doesn't put the club in a good light to who? People who don't matter, like the general public? It's about getting the right thing done for our club. All other clubs do the same.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Social media leaves little places to hide these days for our little band of superstars though does it ?

I think the rest of our team knows it's not wise to assault folk after a night out.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:I think Steve Hymas has a point... there were lots of people on here who had decided Dempster was the wrong appointment even for a ball had been kicked, and that was never going to help anyone at the club. However Steve has surely got to acknowledge that the football was aimless and often negative under Dempster, with no signs of improvement.
But to poach another club's manager is just classless... there's no wonder the Stags are becoming the most hated club in the division. I'm afraid there's only one reason why the Rovers boss want to sign for us... and it ain't the great shopping experience of the Four Seasons. As others have said, advertise the jobs and see who might just apply

Why advertise and attract all the out of work for a reason rubbish.

Gone out and got a man (hopefully)who's learnt his trade and is on the up, shows ambition to me.

You don't know who would apply. Some managers already in work could also apply.

This pinpointing a manager hasn't worked since PC.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Big yella wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here are some comments from Steve Hymas on JD's appointment as manager:

"Let’s put something straight. JD was never forced into the role (No one has ever said he was.).He was part of the team that got us promoted from non-league and once his playing career was over he was highlighted as a very talented individual. He was intrinsic in the setting up of our much expanded academy and was made Academy manager which he managed with ease. He became renowned as one of the best coaches in the country winning the league title 3 years running. (One of the best in the country? A little overcooked there I think.)This did not go unnoticed by the powers that be at the club.He had took on every challenge in front of him and felt himself he needed to be tested. He wanted a new challenge. He had been courted by many clubs but stayed loyal to us and once the managers job became vacant that was the next move for him. Having the ex academy manager in charge would have seen a great pathway for our young players to come through over the coming years and the club went with that option. (Such a great pathway that the first thing he did was release the very kids you had told the last manager he should be playing)Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea have managers with less qualifications and less managerial experience and chose to go with bright young individuals .(Comparing Dempster to Gerrard and Lampard is beginning to make you look desperate and silly.) No-one at the club could have envisaged the lack of support this decision was given by our fan base and from day one he was a dead man walking .(Utter codswallop, and yet again you try and blame the fans for yours and the rest of the boards massive misjudgement) Results ultimately have led to his demise but I feel the players and the fans never got the bigger picture for the club. (So you admit he had lost the dressing room, you admit he failed to get anywhere near good enough results, but it's still the fans fault.)Anyway we move on and let’s hope the pot noodle approach to the football club pays off."

I assume Steve's reference to a pot noodle approach is a reference to trying to achieve instant success rather than take a long term approach.

This reminds me of everything I have heard from Corbyn and MacDonald over the last few days. "It's not our fault. We did everything right. It's the voters fault they're to thick and ignorant to understand our great intellect."

Hymas is absolutely miles off it. Just because he's got a bit of money, is involved in the day to day running of the club and for God knows what reason, an input in football matters, it doesn't mean he has half an idea about football. He is clueless; proven time and time again with some of the nonsense that comes out his mouth (fingers), the above quote just goes to show that. He is a football fan with a bit of coin, nothing more. Passionate he may be, knowledgable about football he is not.

He should be banned from using social media by the club. Makes himself look an arse after every comment. It's tragic.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:I think Steve Hymas has a point... there were lots of people on here who had decided Dempster was the wrong appointment even for a ball had been kicked, and that was never going to help anyone at the club. However Steve has surely got to acknowledge that the football was aimless and often negative under Dempster, with no signs of improvement.
But to poach another club's manager is just classless... there's no wonder the Stags are becoming the most hated club in the division. I'm afraid there's only one reason why the Rovers boss want to sign for us... and it ain't the great shopping experience of the Four Seasons. As others have said, advertise the jobs and see who might just apply

Why advertise and attract all the out of work for a reason rubbish.

Gone out and got a man (hopefully)who's learnt his trade and is on the up, shows ambition to me.

You don't know who would apply. Some managers already in work could also apply.

This pinpointing a manager hasn't worked since PC.

You're right but we'd soon know who applied from all those on here who seem to sit in the board room :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:04 pm

I am confident it'll buoy them. They all knew Dempster hadn't got a clue. Anyone who has played football at any level knows how hard it is to get up for a manager when you think he's a total dunce. The fact that he has gone will reinvigorate them, even ever so slightly.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Social media leaves little places to hide these days for our little band of superstars though does it ?

I'm sure that a few Mansfield Town players will be closely followed by the paparazzi of Manchester. I mean they haven't got any famous footballers of their own to follow have they? ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm

WVStag wrote:

I am confident it'll buoy them. They all knew Dempster hadn't got a clue. Anyone who has played football at any level knows how hard it is to get up for a manager when you think he's a total dunce. The fact that he has gone will reinvigorate them, even ever so slightly.
A professional footballer should always give 100% whoever the manager is.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

You’re living in an idealist world Andy, rather than the real one.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Exactly, some players have gone way off the standard they set last year and it’s not just down to the management alone.
Last edited by wayno cordiniho on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:28 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Exactly, some players have gone way off the standard they set last year and it’s not just down to the management. Serious attitude injection needed by new manager

It’s mostly down to the management, actually.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 pm

adamstag wrote:

I bumped into Giggs in alberts schloss on Friday night but would have loved it to have been stags players to get the inside info from them... who told them he was gone?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I bumped into Giggs in alberts schloss on Friday night but would have loved it to have been stags players to get the inside info from them... who told them he was gone?

There was him, Bobby and Otis.

In fairness the performance was much better than of late so might be the reason why
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Did ya aye
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Don't really want to pick up on specific posters.

But....JD should be encouraged on the journey he has embarked on. I wish him well and do believe he does need to move on away from MTFC. He shouln't be subjected to any further abuse on this site.

That said....should a few players be taking the proverbial mick about going out for a drink in Mancheste as alluded ? :roll:

And if Andy Cook suppossedly said 'they knew' that JD was gone before the game then that was unproffesional to say the least imo. For heavens sake!

Agree with Amber Andy that players should be giving 100% to the Team.

Just hope the new Manager will come down hard on our players and will not tolerate any indifference to playing for MTFC....
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Come on. I will wager a large number of players from Premiership down to Conf were out last night.

Either with team mates, mates or partners.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
That said....should a few players be taking the proverbial mick about going out for a drink in Mancheste as alluded ? :roll:

It was pre-planned. Nothing wrong with it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I bumped into Giggs in alberts schloss on Thursday night but would have loved it to have been stags players to get the inside info from them... who told them he was gone?

Did ya aye

Yep not the first time either, he's in there a lot ;) .. My friend Chloe got a photo with him...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_MSETFKen/
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:

Nothing wrong in that Martin per se...but did the players know that JD had been sacked before they/ a few went out?

If so, a tad insensitive methinks?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:

Nothing wrong in that Martin per se...but did the players know that JD had been sacked before they/ a few went out?

It was pre-planned. I don't think they needed to cancel it because the manager was sacked.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby WVStag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:

They can go out literally whenever they want.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:

It was pre-planned. I don't think they needed to cancel it because the manager was sacked.

:roll:

Really?.....yes, you said it was 'pre planned' (twice) and I would say it was 'a tad insensitive'.... (twice now)

We obviously differ in our summation of the situation.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum