{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Deeper problems?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Deeper problems?

Postby garlic » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:03 pm

So lets suppose JD is on a 3 year contract and would cost too much to sack, why not move him sideways, make him general manager, give him recruitment and contracts to look after, get rid of his back room staff who will not be on that much and appoint a head Coach to look after footballing matters. Just a suggestion, and could I nominate Leroy as the best man to become this new Head Coach.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Punters turning up on the day will be a small number, the extra £2.50 is probably to cover a person in the ticket booth. Most people who go to matches have planned it in advance and would therefore get their tickets online. I wake up most mornings saying I won't eat any chocolate today but end up doing the exact opposite, just like punters saying I think I'll go to the match today and stay in the pub or on their couch.

You don 't get cheaper holidays nearer the time, nor plane or train tickets for instance they more get more expensive the closer the date is.

As for the potential for deeper problems, I think this started when DF was sacked. I'm pretty sure it was said that Carolyn disagreed with this decision, since then she seems a lot more distant from the club unless that's due to being in Portugal. I have wondered if her authority has been undermined and she doesn't feel she has any influence now.

On the positive side John is a successful business man and he won't let this whole thing go down the swanny because JD is a loyal, nice man. He & Carolyn will have a plan, if they haven't I'd be surprised. All this talk of them not having the common sense to write a contract(s) which doesn't protect his investment is gobble de gook.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 am

Radfords sacked Coxy, who I believe became a close friend.
So I don't think that's why dempster has not been sacked.
I fully believe it's a financial decision and in the best interest for the Stags.
2 expensive managers and squad for the last 2 seasons.
I trust the Radfords and believe in our future as a sustainable club.
John has no regrets he Just learns from his mistakes.

:coys: :coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:40 am

chip63 wrote:Radfords sacked Coxy, who I believe became a close friend.
So I don't think that's why dempster has not been sacked.
I fully believe it's a financial decision and in the best interest for the Stags.
2 expensive managers and squad for the last 2 seasons.
I trust the Radfords and believe in our future as a sustainable club.
John has no regrets he Just learns from his mistakes.

:coys: :coys:

He’ll be learning from his mistakes playing in the National League again playing in front of 2,000 home fans if he leaves it much longer. Dempster is done, there’s no turning this around. The sooner he’s gone the better for everyone.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:40 am

I saw Coxy at the outlet on Sunday and just for a second thought please come back.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 am

Cox still getting his good honest boys to perform for him. Absolutely bashed 2nd in the table York but couldn't score from some glorious chances and slowly climbing away from the bottom, think he's unbeaten since taking over. Includes a fightback from 1-3 down to draw 4-4. No budget and a squad so thin can only field 3 subs on the bench.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:21 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:I saw Coxy at the outlet on Sunday and just for a second thought please come back.

Hope it was only a seconds thought.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:20 pm

We moan about the current state of play but Coxy's was eqyually as bad at the end. He did become Mr Clueless with no Plan B and a limited Plan A. Sadly I don't think JD even has a Plan A.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum