{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

No mas no more

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: No mas no more

Postby Kenwood » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:ST holder here. Wont go while JD still in charge...call me what ya like..
1.They've already had my money.
2. I dont enjoy it at all
3. The whole atmosphere is toxic.
4. All I'd do is moan so I'm better off staying away.

Its astonishing how far things have gone backwards in such a short time.....

There was a big gang of us that always met in New Inn at 11 am every home game...

Not anymore...

Things have to change they just have to...

Totally agree

It’s not like I have only jumped on board in the Radford years and expect us to be successful. I’ve be a regular and ST holder for over 30 years and have taken my two teenage lads with me now for the past 10 or so.

I understand the bad times and accept under the Radfords things would never return to the bad old days, something we should all be extremely grateful of.

However whether it is because we have been spoilt in recent seasons, or the way last season ended, the current experience is the worst I have felt being a Mansfield fan.

Despite all 3 of us having season tickets non of us want to attend anymore until things improve, and we can start to look forward to Saturday again whoever the manager is

This is the worst you've ever felt as a stags fan? I'm not saying things are great at the minute, because they aren't but the period under haslam and the relegation to non league surely has to be the worst? At least it is for me..

I agree in the bigger picture things have been a lot worse. But I honestly don’t remember sitting there during a game and having such little interest or feel so disinterested in what I’m watching. And that is some statement having sat through 5 seasons of conference football for a start

As I say I sort of expected it early on after how things ended last season, but at the moment there really does seem no end and no spark on the pitch to lift the gloom
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Kenwood wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Kenwood wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:ST holder here. Wont go while JD still in charge...call me what ya like..
1.They've already had my money.
2. I dont enjoy it at all
3. The whole atmosphere is toxic.
4. All I'd do is moan so I'm better off staying away.

Its astonishing how far things have gone backwards in such a short time.....

There was a big gang of us that always met in New Inn at 11 am every home game...

Not anymore...

Things have to change they just have to...

Totally agree

It’s not like I have only jumped on board in the Radford years and expect us to be successful. I’ve be a regular and ST holder for over 30 years and have taken my two teenage lads with me now for the past 10 or so.

I understand the bad times and accept under the Radfords things would never return to the bad old days, something we should all be extremely grateful of.

However whether it is because we have been spoilt in recent seasons, or the way last season ended, the current experience is the worst I have felt being a Mansfield fan.

Despite all 3 of us having season tickets non of us want to attend anymore until things improve, and we can start to look forward to Saturday again whoever the manager is

This is the worst you've ever felt as a stags fan? I'm not saying things are great at the minute, because they aren't but the period under haslam and the relegation to non league surely has to be the worst? At least it is for me..

I agree in the bigger picture things have been a lot worse. But I honestly don’t remember sitting there during a game and having such little interest or feel so disinterested in what I’m watching. And that is some statement having sat through 5 seasons of conference football for a start

As I say I sort of expected it early on after how things ended last season, but at the moment there really does seem no end and no spark on the pitch to lift the gloom

I first started watching the Stags in 1967/68, and I don’t ever recall watching such a disinterested bunch of players.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stoney wrote:I'm not planning to go to any more home games whilst JD is in charge. This isn't a protest or anything by me, the simple fact is I'm not enjoying it anymore.

I went through all the conference years, sometimes in sub 2000 crowds and I can't remember us playing such dull football at home.

Can't remember Adam Murray's reign then?

Yes. And McEwan, Russell and Holdsworth. Adam Murray had a third of what Dempster has had to spend and was limited and still did better at home.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stoney wrote:I'm not planning to go to any more home games whilst JD is in charge. This isn't a protest or anything by me, the simple fact is I'm not enjoying it anymore.

I went through all the conference years, sometimes in sub 2000 crowds and I can't remember us playing such dull football at home.

Can't remember Adam Murray's reign then?

Yes. And McEwan, Russell and Holdsworth. Adam Murray had a third of what Dempster has had to spend and was limited and still did better at home.

This.

Don't agree with your stance on not going but I can see why. Its truly awful and as bad as it's been on field since Billy the 2nd time round.

JR clearly doesn't care that fans are walking away, which is worrying to say the least. The customer is usually right...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:10 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:It was way worse going down under Haslam. Reality Check folks. Where we are now pales into insignificance against the dark lord (imagining Darth Vader voice) :twisted: :lol:

Absolutely, the bloke tried to destroy our club and very nearly did. I get that it's frustrating we're not where were not at the right end of the table but for some to suggest this is the worst ever time to be a stags fan is just plain stupid.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Nice Roberto Duran paraphrase
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:It was way worse going down under Haslam. Reality Check folks. Where we are now pales into insignificance against the dark lord (imagining Darth Vader voice) :twisted: :lol:

Absolutely, the bloke tried to destroy our club and very nearly did. I get that it's frustrating we're not where were not at the right end of the table but for some to suggest this is the worst ever time to be a stags fan is just plain stupid.

When did I say it was the worst ever time to be a Stags fan?

I said the “experience” I am getting from watching games is the worse I’ve experienced. While off field issues will always be important to any fan it’s what is happening for those 90 minutes each week that really matters.This season we have looked disjointed, not organised, and unsure of how we actually want to play.

I know things could be a lot worse you only have to look at Chesterfield or even Notts County to see that, but does that mean I have to ignore what I’m watching on the pitch currently?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Getting relegated by rotherham at home ,seeing dire displays that season ,giving the sheep three stands ,thats bad ,now is a rough patch thats all
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:51 pm

spanishstag wrote:Getting relegated by rotherham at home ,seeing dire displays that season ,giving the sheep three stands ,thats bad ,now is a rough patch thats all

So by your logic, we've actually got to get relegated before we can get worried and annoyed? Blimey. Have a word.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robbingdog » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Have this seasons showings not been dire then?
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:24 am

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Getting relegated by rotherham at home ,seeing dire displays that season ,giving the sheep three stands ,thats bad ,now is a rough patch thats all

So by your logic, we've actually got to get relegated before we can get worried and annoyed? Blimey. Have a word.

Not said that though have i
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:59 am

When you stop enjoying it. When the players don`t seem to try. When you have other interests. Why go, just to see your friends?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:34 am

That’s what folk are doing really isn’t it?

You don’t wake up on a Saturday excited for the football, you just go as well it’s a chore and the benefit of seeing your mates.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am

adamstag wrote:That’s what folk are doing really isn’t it?

You don’t wake up on a Saturday excited for the football, you just go as well it’s a chore and the benefit of seeing your mates.

Spot on
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:37 am

We trudge to the game like zombies, no desire to be there.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Kernow wrote:We trudge to the game like zombies, no desire to be there.

Why go then
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:56 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Why go then

Prob got season tickets
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 pm

The One wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Why go then

Prob got season tickets

Or just loyalty.

Stating “why go then” is such a simplistic statement. Folk will still go, even when not enjoying it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:29 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Why go then

Prob got season tickets

Or just loyalty.

Stating “why go then” is such a simplistic statement. Folk will still go, even when not enjoying it.

No its not if i didn,t enjoy i wouldn,t go ,thats it its easy
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Why go then

Prob got season tickets

Or just loyalty.

No its not if i didn,t enjoy i wouldn,t go ,thats it its easy

Such simple folk pledging loyalty ,you deserve better ,wake up
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum