{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm

adamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Another month, surely not

The more I read the more I wonder WHO is actually making the decisions, is it the Radford's or the remainder of the board.

Keep the same guy, get the same performances. By the time December is out we will be so far adrift that even winning every game in first half of 2020 would still see us well short of the play offs.

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go and losing interest. So be it, it is their money.

Tbh the best thing that can happen on Saturday is the attendance falls through the roof and 1,000 fans don’t turn up.

I’m only coming back from manchester as for a family thing on otherwise would probably sod it off

That’s a dreadful view. We are supporters of Mansfield Town Football Club - NOT The manager or any of the transitory players, or even the Board of Directors. True dyed-in-wool fans should protest (appropriately), boycott if they must, but never ever jettison their club because they don’t like one or more of its employees.

Next Thursday, I shall be casting my vote for Labour - not because I worship Jeremy Corbyn (I don’t) or even my constituency candidate, but because I am dedicated to the doctrine, true to my working class roots.

Similarly, I will continue to support the Stags (not always happily and seldom euphorically) for as long as I draw breath.

But ... Each to their own, eh ?

:coys:

To be honest this stag seems like a pretty dreadful person ,certainly not someone who,s company i would enjoy ,but what do i know :mtfc:

In general not a lot :lol:

But enough about loyalty to bamboozle most on here :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scottyd281 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Feel sorry for the bloke, been let down by some of the players, yes the buck stops with him as manager I know, tactics and subs and all that. A step too far 2 soon for him I think, but I hope on Saturday the atmosphere is positive cos if not the opposition has just been given an extra man before kick off.

Just wonder how many players are out of contract in the summer and with the poor start to the season on and off the pitch, have we unitentially now got into a position similiar to the situation to like the Spurs with players wanting to move on in the summer. Now promotion is a real up hill task have we got the players with the metal, history would say not, but could be proved wrong hopefully. COYS
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:18 pm

spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enough said now, in my opinion.

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

"In John Radford we trust"

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.

TORY ALERT

How have you arrived at that?

Well its a pretty bog standard tory reply to people who supposedly dont meet criteria

First, Dempster says the club don't owe him anything in his interview. Try reading it.
Second, my 'old school view of the world' comment referred to Dempster having a wife and kids to support. Well women have.jobs these days, and a lot of them.are good at their jobs and earn good money, believe it or not.

How that makes me a Tory I don't know. You need a lie down in the shade, a few less cervezas maybe.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:22 pm

spanishstag wrote:But enough about loyalty to bamboozle most on here :roll:

Give over about loyalty. You are not more loyal than others just because you're prepared to put up with total crap.

People have a right to be irritated and angry. People also have a right to stay away if they don't feel the product is worth the cost it carries. Get off your self-righteous, do-good high horse.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 pm

WVStag wrote:

Give over about loyalty. You are not more loyal than others just because you're prepared to put up with total crap.

People have a right to be irritated and angry. People also have a right to stay away if they don't feel the product is worth the cost it carries. Get off your self-righteous, do-good high horse.

We actually go to watch our side too.

Imagine never going to watch your side live and then questioning the loyalties of those that go.

Wow, what a ridiculous combination.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:40 pm

I wouldn't mind, but spanishstag and others seems to think that loyalty has something to do with never complaining no matter how things get, clapping along at absolutely everything and not ever voicing an opinion that could be deemed negative or critical.

Nobody is going to go and support another club- that would be disloyal. For the fans that are more critical, their love for the club does not change. The anger and frustration is literally indicative of how much care and will for success and positive change there is.

Shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. Maybe I'm asking too much.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 pm

WVStag wrote:I wouldn't mind, but spanishstag and others seems to think that loyalty has something to do with never complaining no matter how things get, clapping along at absolutely everything and not ever voicing an opinion that could be deemed negative or critical.

Nobody is going to go and support another club- that would be disloyal. For the fans that are more critical, their love for the club does not change. The anger and frustration is literally indicative of how much care and will for success and positive change there is.

Shouldn't be that hard to comprehend. Maybe I'm asking too much.

True :lol:
Last edited by adamstag on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:50 pm

DE STAG wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Reading that article I couldn't help feeling sorry for JD. BUT, he hasn't shown anything in his tenure to say he deserves more time. The pressure has definitley got to him and the negativity of the team has been passed on to us as fans. The end of December really is too long. My only hope is that the toxicity forecast for Saturday can be put aside. The man has feelings. It should be the board that are barracked. They appointed him and its in their hands to put him out of the torture that he is suffering.

I hope we can be kind to JD on Saturday despite our frustrations that he obviously shares.

We are not entitled to success ,the board dont fail deliberately ,they are trying to do their best for the club ,its theirs as well not just the fans ,why the vitriol ,lots of people in lots of power get things wrong occassionally ,but critiscism is easy from people who have never offered a viable solution ,

This, I understand the frustration, but the level of vitriol and entitlement expressed by some of our fans is baffling, at a level Luton and Notts County fans would surely be proud of. Perhaps these are the same 1,000 or so fans who abandoned the Stags in the non-league years?

45 years going to Field Mill, even through the non league days. We were garbage with poor managers and poor players, but if that's all we could afford sobeit. The current situation is different, we have a quality squad that should have gone up last year but just fell short. We sack a manager that would have had us top 3 now in a much poorer league this season and appoint a novice. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start but forget stats what I am seeing with my own eyes is dreadful. There are so many things JD is getting wrong and appears not to be learning one bit. I've watched this team being played off the park so many times this season it's so frustrating knowing how much better we should be doing. So staying at home Saturday is less of a protest and more just not wanting to come home Saturday evening feeling the way I have since August.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm

spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

The more I read the more I wonder WHO is actually making the decisions, is it the Radford's or the remainder of the board.

Keep the same guy, get the same performances. By the time December is out we will be so far adrift that even winning every game in first half of 2020 would still see us well short of the play offs.

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go and losing interest. So be it, it is their money.

Tbh the best thing that can happen on Saturday is the attendance falls through the roof and 1,000 fans don’t turn up.

I’m only coming back from manchester as for a family thing on otherwise would probably sod it off

That’s a dreadful view. We are supporters of Mansfield Town Football Club - NOT The manager or any of the transitory players, or even the Board of Directors. True dyed-in-wool fans should protest (appropriately), boycott if they must, but never ever jettison their club because they don’t like one or more of its employees.

Next Thursday, I shall be casting my vote for Labour - not because I worship Jeremy Corbyn (I don’t) or even my constituency candidate, but because I am dedicated to the doctrine, true to my working class roots.

Similarly, I will continue to support the Stags (not always happily and seldom euphorically) for as long as I draw breath.

To be honest this stag seems like a pretty dreadful person ,certainly not someone who,s company i would enjoy ,but what do i know :mtfc:

are you referring to me, Spanish stag?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:04 pm

spanishstag wrote:

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.

TORY ALERT

Nonsense. AWC is spot on. He knew the risks, he chose to take it and put himself under this pressure and risk.

Crying to the Chad wont change anything. Start winning games or you'll be gone at some point pretty soon and rightly so. This is a high pressure job and results driven environment. Having kids a dog and whatever else is irrelevant.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go ad losing interest. So be it, it is their money.

It might not be the end of december ,its a fluid situation i suppose tbh im just getting fed up of all the bile posted by some on here

I do hope you don't consider what I posted as bile, it is a considered opinion with not a hint of hate etc.

Call my comment rubbish and no offence will be taken but " bile" is out of order and offensive.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

are you referring to me, Spanish stag?

Nah never edders,you are a ray of sunshine tbh you sound like one on here i could enjoy a drink with
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:39 pm

adamstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Imagine never going to watch your side live and then questioning the loyalties of those that go.imagine questioning peoples loyalties its not worth answering ,ive caught a strawberry
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Imagine never going to watch your side live and then questioning the loyalties of those that go.imagine questioning peoples loyalties its not worth answering ,ive caught a strawberry

What i ve noticed about you adam is ,you never post one on one opinions ,you only seem to get involved in someone else,s posts ,in fact i can say that you never quote yourself singularly you tend to use the we not i ,in fact i think have issues ,get help
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I don’t even know what you’ve tried to say here because of how poor you’ve formatted your intended response, but once again, you can’t respond with anything coherent or knowledgable so it’s ‘I’ve caught a strawberry’, whatever that means.

Stop having a pop at people on football matters that you can’t understand because you end up saying things that make you look daft.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:52 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I don’t even know what you’ve tried to say here because of how poor you’ve formatted your intended response, but once again, you can’t respond with anything coherent or knowledgable so it’s ‘I’ve caught a strawberry’, whatever that means.

Stop having a pop at people on football matters that you can’t understand because you end up saying things that make you look daft.

Erm :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 pm

WVStag wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it WV, he's a hypocrite, it's only a week since he was saying himself that JD should be sacked.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Wink68, you've captured my feelings exactly, and that's why I won't attend Saturday.
It seems like the board are determined to divide a wedge between the majority of the fans and the football club, in the name of a vanity contest, because they cannot bring themselves, to admit they are wrong, and were wrong from the start.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:20 pm

wink68 wrote:
DE STAG wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Reading that article I couldn't help feeling sorry for JD. BUT, he hasn't shown anything in his tenure to say he deserves more time. The pressure has definitley got to him and the negativity of the team has been passed on to us as fans. The end of December really is too long. My only hope is that the toxicity forecast for Saturday can be put aside. The man has feelings. It should be the board that are barracked. They appointed him and its in their hands to put him out of the torture that he is suffering.

I hope we can be kind to JD on Saturday despite our frustrations that he obviously shares.

We are not entitled to success ,the board dont fail deliberately ,they are trying to do their best for the club ,its theirs as well not just the fans ,why the vitriol ,lots of people in lots of power get things wrong occassionally ,but critiscism is easy from people who have never offered a viable solution ,

This, I understand the frustration, but the level of vitriol and entitlement expressed by some of our fans is baffling, at a level Luton and Notts County fans would surely be proud of. Perhaps these are the same 1,000 or so fans who abandoned the Stags in the non-league years?

45 years going to Field Mill, even through the non league days. We were garbage with poor managers and poor players, but if that's all we could afford sobeit. The current situation is different, we have a quality squad that should have gone up last year but just fell short. We sack a manager that would have had us top 3 now in a much poorer league this season and appoint a novice. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start but forget stats what I am seeing with my own eyes is dreadful. There are so many things JD is getting wrong and appears not to be learning one bit. I've watched this team being played off the park so many times this season it's so frustrating knowing how much better we should be doing. So staying at home Saturday is less of a protest and more just not wanting to come home Saturday evening feeling the way I have since August.

Good post. Took me while to find it because spanish been crayoning all night again.

He should get cheap flight attend a game 100 quid maybe? Thats what some of us pay with entrance fee travel etc. He watches from armchair fiver ? a game.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 pm

I personally now think that the time has come for JD to step aside. I also think your Arsene Wengers Coat is totally put of order - the comment is totally disgraceful. JD is a decent individual.

As I've said many time before I can only assume that the people who criticise every manager we have are massively successful in what they do.

Even if you are unhappy ( as I am } you can still be a decent human being
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm

bigalstag wrote:Wink68, you've captured my feelings exactly, and that's why I won't attend Saturday.
It seems like the board are determined to divide a wedge between the majority of the fans and the football club, in the name of a vanity contest, because they cannot bring themselves, to admit they are wrong, and were wrong from the start.

What do the board achieve by creating a wedge between the fans and the club? They wouldn't have bankrolled and given everything the past two managers have wanted if they were really doing that, would they?

What it seems like to me is they want JD to succeed and are hoping that things will turn around with JD who has done a lot for Mansfield town.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:47 pm

yorkstag wrote:

I personally now think that the time has come for JD to step aside. I also think your Arsene Wengers Coat is totally put of order - the comment is totally disgraceful. JD is a decent individual.

As I've said many time before I can only assume that the people who criticise every manager we have are massively successful in what they do.

It's really not that bad. brusque maybe, blunt maybe, but the basics are right unfortunately. Which bit is 'totally disgraceful'?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:00 pm

yorkstag wrote:

What is disgraceful about those points? :lol: Baffling.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:17 pm

WVStag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

What is disgraceful about those points? :lol: Baffling.

He was calling for jd s head other night , he bought new saddle for his high horse.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:13 am

The One wrote:
wink68 wrote:
DE STAG wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Good post. Took me while to find it because spanish been crayoning all night again.

He should get cheap flight attend a game 100 quid maybe? Thats what some of us pay with entrance fee travel etc. He watches from armchair fiver ? a game.

Ive paid enough in over the years ,but whats wrong with watching for a fiver a game sat in a nice cosy armchair ,with excellent commentary,replays of any important moments ,im pretty sure more would do it if they could ,ive earned my lifestyle with bloody hard graft and choose to live in a warm climate where i am able to take advantage of the offer of live viewing its all about life choices
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum