{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The players need to take some responsibility

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The players need to take some responsibility

Postby west country stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 am

Random Hero wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
london amber stag wrote:I just said on another thread, massive clear out of the main culprits in January is required. They failed spectacularly at the end of last season and look at the Stags as an easy pay day.

Some that I think need to go might shock a few, but some of our better players have achieved nothing and are now costing us games.

Bishop, past it.
Benning, shadow of his former self
Pearce, a goal waiting to happen and fora captain hardly takes charge.
Macca, not in his prime anymore. Can't play on the wing anymore and certainly not a centre mid.
OSJ, can't perform in the league.
Dapo, seems to have gone anway

Agree with all except Benning

Bennings been very poor this season & Hamilton needs to go asap
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if DF at Bolton tries to sign Pearce, Benning and CJ in January.

do Bolton have funds to afford these players?

good players don’t become bad players overnight, our defence was arguably the best in the league last year what’s changed for me tactics and manager not really rocket science is it?

Been going downhill since Jan bud and showing no signs of stopping
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

Spiritater wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if DF at Bolton tries to sign Pearce, Benning and CJ in January.

do Bolton have funds to afford these players?

good players don’t become bad players overnight, our defence was arguably the best in the league last year what’s changed for me tactics and manager not really rocket science is it?

Been going downhill since Jan bud and showing no signs of stopping

too right Spiro, people think these bad performances are just happening under Dempster but in reality we've been cack since last Christmas. The hangover and form has just carried on from last season, when is it gonna stop?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 am

An oversimplification but very few come out with credit this season. The main issue for Dempster has been poor discipline which has lead to a substantial drop in standards from the players. Blame for this can be shared across many if you want to play that game but the manager is the easiest to change in the short term

If a new manager were to come in I’d be saying to many you’re playing for your next contract here or elsewhere do shape up or leave.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 am

london amber stag wrote:I just said on another thread, massive clear out of the main culprits in January is required. They failed spectacularly at the end of last season and look at the Stags as an easy pay day.

Don't think it'll make much difference bud, when the next lot of signings go the same way after a few weeks :x
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Laney_MTFC » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 am

Just seen Bennings penalty, enough to make you feel sick
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 am

Laney_MTFC wrote:Just seen Bennings penalty, enough to make you feel sick

The man literally looks like he walked into the ball rather than actually striking at. Horrific.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:58 am

Random Hero wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Some that I think need to go might shock a few, but some of our better players have achieved nothing and are now costing us games.

Bishop, past it.
Benning, shadow of his former self
Pearce, a goal waiting to happen and fora captain hardly takes charge.
Macca, not in his prime anymore. Can't play on the wing anymore and certainly not a centre mid.
OSJ, can't perform in the league.
Dapo, seems to have gone anway

Agree with all except Benning

He was at fault for the first goal on saturday then again for the goal last night and also that penalty he took clearly shows he either can't be arsed or he doesn't want to play for JD.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:21 pm

Mal Benning was partly at fault for the first and second goal on Saturday and Port Vale's second goal last night.

Mal has been having a reasonable season and has not been to blame for too many goals unlike Kellan Gordon on the opposite side of the defence. I like him as a player because he does at least try and get us going forward and on to the front foot. His main weakness has been his final ball and poor shooting when he has got into good positions.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Random Hero wrote:- Waltzing around like they’re playing Worksop Town in a pre season friendly
- Static as soon as the ball is lost - completely uninterested in winning it back
- Zero desire to get forward and support when attacking
- Talking to each other about as much as I talk to my ex
- Giving an already struggling manager absolutely no commitment to try to dig him and the team out of a hole

You can’t keep blaming lack of fitness, lack of tactical nous etc. They’re professional footballers for crying out loud.

Not going to name names, but it’s quite obvious some of them would rather be sat at home watching I’m a Celebrity than playing their heart out for the shirt. I don’t give a toss what Mickey Mouse trophy it is.

Dempster is quite clearly out of his depth but he seems to be taking all of the flak for this team of uninspiring, whiny bottle jobs. It’s about time someone held them to account.

This still very much still applies on today’s showing...(despite me being shouted down by some back at the beginning of December).

There are still players who are out there taking the pee, along for the ride.

Graham Coughlan will not accept passengers I’m sure, expect quite a few changes in January.

Stopping short of naming names (it’s obvious), on his shopping list should be:

- A right back
- A left back who actually gives a toss
- A CB who can actually head and doesn’t lose his man from corners every time
- Someone who can dominate the centre of midfield
- Someone who can actually deliver from dead balls. (If that’s one of the above then that’s a bonus)

We looked a different side after 80 mins today after GC made the subs. In my opinion all three of those subs should start at Bradford.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum