{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Look what you could have won.3rdRddraw(NEW incl footage 2005

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 am

But we bottled it
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20235
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby ST4GS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am

James wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Bros wrote:The teams for the top 2 divisions were listed in alphabetical order so Wolverhampton were no 44. The lower league teams were listed in the order of the matches drawn out for the 2nd round. So if we had won we would have had the same number as Shrewsbury. For the 4th round the winning teams will have the number that corresponds to the order they were drawn out for the 3rd round
Why did Bournemouth get ball 1 and Arsenal ball 2?


Because it’s AFC Bournemouth?
I know but Arsensl is still first alphabetically?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby wink68 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
up north wrote:no doubt we would have got fylde away

there still seems to be some confusion. If we had beaten Shrewsbury, we would have got Bristol City away, because the ball number in the draw would have been the same as Shrewsbury got.

Are we really having a discussion about who we would have played if we weren't garbage. I can see why we lost though. The money we would have earned would have been enough to pay JDs contract up. That must been why we are awful in the league. Drive the attendences down so we can't afford to pay him up
wink68
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 am

ST4GS wrote:
James wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Bros wrote:The teams for the top 2 divisions were listed in alphabetical order so Wolverhampton were no 44. The lower league teams were listed in the order of the matches drawn out for the 2nd round. So if we had won we would have had the same number as Shrewsbury. For the 4th round the winning teams will have the number that corresponds to the order they were drawn out for the 3rd round
Why did Bournemouth get ball 1 and Arsenal ball 2?


Because it’s AFC Bournemouth?
I know but Arsensl is still first alphabetically?


I think you need to redo your alphabet :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
James wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Bros wrote:The teams for the top 2 divisions were listed in alphabetical order so Wolverhampton were no 44. The lower league teams were listed in the order of the matches drawn out for the 2nd round. So if we had won we would have had the same number as Shrewsbury. For the 4th round the winning teams will have the number that corresponds to the order they were drawn out for the 3rd round
Why did Bournemouth get ball 1 and Arsenal ball 2?


Because it’s AFC Bournemouth?
I know but Arsensl is still first alphabetically?




I think you need to redo your alphabet :lol:



TLUAF SNAGOL
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Solihull 3-0 up against Rotherham after over an hour and lost 4-3!

Fantastic game of football and another example of why the FA Cup is the best competition in the world.



Did anyone else think the commentator kept getting the wrong day during the match until I realised it was a player he was referring too

Or was it just me :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby ST4GS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
James wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Bros wrote:The teams for the top 2 divisions were listed in alphabetical order so Wolverhampton were no 44. The lower league teams were listed in the order of the matches drawn out for the 2nd round. So if we had won we would have had the same number as Shrewsbury. For the 4th round the winning teams will have the number that corresponds to the order they were drawn out for the 3rd round
Why did Bournemouth get ball 1 and Arsenal ball 2?


Because it’s AFC Bournemouth?
I know but Arsensl is still first alphabetically?


I think you need to redo your alphabet :lol:

Arsenal Football Club comes before Association Football Club Bournemouth.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:57 pm

But it's based on the 'F' of AFC, not the 's' off Association.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby ST4GS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:But it's based on the 'F' of AFC, not the 's' off Association.

OK (Okay). Strange that the FA (Football Association) work it that way.
TTFN
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:But it's based on the 'F' of AFC, not the 's' off Association.


Not that it matters much but AFC stands for athletic football club in Bournemouth’s case.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 pm

I would have quite liked a trip to Ashton Gate. I still have not been to Bristol Rovers or Bristol City despite having relatives near there.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6156
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby ST4GS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:13 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:But it's based on the 'F' of AFC, not the 's' off Association.


Not that it matters much but AFC stands for athletic football club in Bournemouth’s case.

It matters greatly.
Every day is a school day :D
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Laney_MTFC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Sorry not really topic related, but, no press conference today?
Laney_MTFC
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 am

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry not really topic related, but, no press conference today?


They are going to work hard on the training ground every Monday
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10800
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:35 pm

Laney_MTFC wrote:Sorry not really topic related, but, no press conference today?

never is on a matchday
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19094
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Laney_MTFC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Ahh okay thank you Martin, I wasn’t sure if we did them match days or not!
Laney_MTFC
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 am

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby up north » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
up north wrote:no doubt we would have got fylde away

there still seems to be some confusion. If we had beaten Shrewsbury, we would have got Bristol City away, because the ball number in the draw would have been the same as Shrewsbury got.


ok, thanks .
User avatar
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:I remember us winning 4-3 away to Rotherham in a cup game with Sir Richard scoring a late winner against his old club.


https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... seasonid=6


Is there any footage of this game anywhere out of interest? Had a quick search for it before but couldn’t find anything.

Stoney wrote:I'm sure Martin has footage from most games and might upload it if we ask him nicely.


here you are:

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19094
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Look what you could have won.3rd Rd draw thread

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Brilliant, cheers Martin!

What a header by Simon Brown by the way
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 am

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests