{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale score Fred sponsored by last chance of glory

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Is this on iFollow?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Sneag wrote:Is this on iFollow?

as for previous games in the competition, and for midweek league games, you can buy a match pass for £10 to watch the game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Former Sky Sports pundit and all round 'smasher' of female co-presenters, Andy Gray, once said of multiple Ballon d'or winner, Lionel Messi, 'But can he do it on a rainy night in Stoke?' Well John Dempster was never on a par with Messi and Burslem is only a suburb of Stoke but the question still remains, can JD get this vastly under performing side to 'do it on rainy night in Stoke'?

To be honest, I don't think he can and I don't think that the players will want to either. There doesn't seem to be a spark about the side, a winner amongst them, a player that when sat in the changing rooms before the game the others look to and think, 'We have got a chance here today'. I would like to know where have they gone, why have they withdrawn into their shells, why have decided not to lead and not to take the game to the opposition?

I will be there tomorrow, taking Mrs Spartacus to a ground touted as the 'Wembley of the North' when it was being built until they ran out of money. There will be Stags fans there, travelling in numbers that JD ought to be ashamed of, Stags fans that want to be given hope for Saturday in the league. I would like to see the first team, no kids or fringe players, playing together with a view to win and build on for Saturday. A win, a first team win whilst playing well in a devalued competition and by playing the first XI the hopes of the travelling support wont be devalued. Lose with kids playing or by playing a scratch side or fielding a 'non-playing first team' and it will be tin hat time on Saturday.

Going for a defeat on penalties for after all, I am a realist.

:coys:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Vale have drawn Man City away in the FA Cup. Perhaps they'll already have their minds on that. I will travel in the hope of that but I am probably clutching at very thin paper straws
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby up north » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am

Bros wrote:Vale have drawn Man City away in the FA Cup. Perhaps they'll already have their minds on that. I will travel in the hope of that but I am probably clutching at very thin paper straws

They are playing struggling Walsall on Saturday. It could really go either way. But yes hopefully they think this game is already won and we surprise them. We were very unlucky not to win in September when they got a 94th minute equaliser :coys:
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 am

up north wrote:
Bros wrote:Vale have drawn Man City away in the FA Cup. Perhaps they'll already have their minds on that. I will travel in the hope of that but I am probably clutching at very thin paper straws

They are playing struggling Walsall on Saturday. It could really go either way. But yes hopefully they think this game is already won and we surprise them. We were very unlucky not to win in September when they got a 94th minute equaliser :coys:

Unlucky?? We blew the lead twice that game. Once can be unlucky, twice is foolish. Poor defending cost us as it has so often this season.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 am

4-0 Vale. Heads all across facebook exploding
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am

I think the feeling is would be nice to win but a lot not that bothered really and a defeat might quicken the departure of JD but I think he is likely to be here Sat game as well which if we did lose that would hopefully be P45 time.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:09 am

He won't go unless there is a genuine possibility of relegation. Get used to it folks and decide if you still want to buy this obviously inferior (but expensive) product.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:19 am

Looks like Mr Dempster has been speaking to the Chad : https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/port-vale-hurdle-as-mansfield-town-feel-the-pressure-1-10134038

Says he needs two wins from the next two games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:52 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Mr Dempster has been speaking to the Chad : https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/port-vale-hurdle-as-mansfield-town-feel-the-pressure-1-10134038

Wow it’s getting ridiculous now
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Mr Dempster has been speaking to the Chad : https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/port-vale-hurdle-as-mansfield-town-feel-the-pressure-1-10134038

We’ll win tonight, won’t win on Saturday, and then it will be “he needs 4 points from the next two games” from the board :roll:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

We’ll win tonight, won’t win on Saturday, and then it will be “he needs 4 points from the next two games” from the board :roll:

But if we win tonight we will have turned the corner
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby up north » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

Jamie wrote:
up north wrote:

Unlucky?? We blew the lead twice that game. Once can be unlucky, twice is foolish. Poor defending cost us as it has so often this season.

sorry, never really knew the in and outs. Just seen they scored 4 minutes into injury time.
up north
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:56 am

If you’re at a stage where you have to tell a manager he needs to win his next 2 games you may as well write it off as a bad job. Incredibly rare to see a manager succeed in the long run once he’s found himself in that position. He may well win 2...then lose 2, then what’s it to be, another ultimatum?

We’re floundering.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

If you’re at a stage where you have to tell a manager he needs to win his next 2 games you may as well write it off as a bad job. Incredibly rare to see a manager succeed in the long run once he’s found himself in that position. He may well win 2...then lose 2, then what’s it to be, another ultimatum?

We’re floundering.

Surely as well, if it was really a case of 'must win', you would be playing your 'strongest team' rather than some bench warmers and u21's as he goes on to suggest. If he doesn't win tonight are we to assume he will be sacked?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

We’re floundering.

Surely as well, if it was really a case of 'must win', you would be playing your 'strongest team' rather than some bench warmers and u21's as he goes on to suggest. If he doesn't win tonight are we to assume he will be sacked?

It's the hope that kills you!
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

We’re floundering.

That’s how it reads so I assume so! Unless he’s just saying it off his own back of course - it could be the case there’s been nothing said which may explain the mixed team tonight.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 pm

The only thing that will focus the board's minds would be a 2000 attendance on Saturday. No amount of procrastination on here, or anywhere else will have any effect.
The manager is a walking disaster, who didn't have many ideas to start with, and now is completely lost. He surrounds himself with staff who have even less clue than he has. It's time he was gone, and if the only way to show any disaffection is to stay away, then do be it.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:59 pm

come on Stags let’s get a win tonight, boy do we need a good news story
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:11 pm

This might boost the attendance tonight, or it might not!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He could play in goal for vale for 90 mins and not get mucky !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Or he might want to know why he rocked CJ
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:55 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Or he might want to know why he rocked CJ

Hes missing .angles instead
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum