{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby steiner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:26 pm

I was one of those hanging on in hope that dempster would turn it around but after yesterday's gutless whimper of an exit from the cup when it was there for the taking was the final straw for me.
User avatar
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9423
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:38 pm

I genuinely believed we would win yesterday and that belief was confirmed when Norburn was sent off with 30/35 minutes to go. A win and a good draw could have saved JD's managerial career until mid January and given him the chance to get better results in the league.

The performances against Macclesfield and Shrewsbury away have been very poor. We probably only had one or two goalscoring chances in those two games....and they were at Macclesfield!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6156
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:42 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens
wayno cordiniho
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:44 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Not sure the Dempster thing is spoiling lives, maybe it is his.

People are likely to start doing other things on a Saturday afternoon.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Out of curiosity, did we leave anyone up top when defending a corner yesterday?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, did we leave anyone up top when defending a corner yesterday?


No and that was even when they were down to 10 men!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6235
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby natfromboza » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, did we leave anyone up top when defending a corner yesterday?


No and that was even when they were down to 10 men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND that just says it all really!! Clueless.
User avatar
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:07 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Are you actually being serious? You don’t think there is any urgency in removing the manager? Wow just wow
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9423
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm

oldweststander wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Not sure the Dempster thing is spoiling lives, maybe it is his.

People are likely to start doing other things on a Saturday afternoon.[/quote
He certainly wont spoil my life its my club and i will always support them ,but i haven,t exactly been spoiled by success over the years ,in fact im quite used to it ,if i wanted to enjoy glory i wouldn,t have chosen stags ,in fact thats the thing i never had a choice ,first time i went i was about 10 years old ,,yes they really have done me :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:47 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Are you actually being serious? You don’t think there is any urgency in removing the manager? Wow just wow


Urgency yes, foot stamping toddler like entitlement immediacy not quite. I’d like to think we’re run properly and things will be conducted as such.
wayno cordiniho
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:06 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Are you actually being serious? You don’t think there is any urgency in removing the manager? Wow just wow


Urgency yes, foot stamping toddler like entitlement immediacy not quite. I’d like to think we’re run properly and things will be conducted as such.


“foot stamping toddler”, :lol:

great idea let’s just keep waiting yet another 3 pts sorry i mean week, do you really think football manager are only ever sacked after a board meeting at the end of each month ?

this has been a mistake from day one, my god if it’s left much longer we will be back to gates of 2500 get him gone, so we can put this clanger behind us.
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9423
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby victor A block » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....


Tell you what, fans would hate it and probably boo him on his return walking past the IG stand... but the team would perform we'd win 5-0 and he'd celebrate with everyone.



And he'd sort the shower out on the pitch pretty quickly, and probably send football genius Mr Motivator Drewe Broughton to China.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Beggars belief what exactly the board are waiting for, I was under the impression that decision is always in the best interest of the football club, here’s the thing sacking the manager now is


A board meeting? A chance to talk to JD face to face out of respect? He’s clearly going to out on his ear soon, why do we need/demand it to happen. Get out and about, enjoy life and it will happen when it happens


Are you actually being serious? You don’t think there is any urgency in removing the manager? Wow just wow


Urgency yes, foot stamping toddler like entitlement immediacy not quite. I’d like to think we’re run properly and things will be conducted as such.


“foot stamping toddler”, :lol:

great idea let’s just keep waiting yet another 3 pts sorry i mean week, do you really think football manager are only ever sacked after a board meeting at the end of each month ?

this has been a mistake from day one, my god if it’s left much longer we will be back to gates of 2500 get him gone, so we can put this clanger behind us.


Wasn’t saying wait a month... they could arrange a board meet tomorrow (you know when everyone’s back at work) with some informal canvassing of the members happening today by JR/CR. They might be working out various exit packages to offer JD? Point is, what difference does a day/few days make.
wayno cordiniho
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby daddycool » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm

I would think he is arranging a replacement first, he wasn’t long signing Flitcroft when Fattie went to China
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:37 am

daddycool wrote:I would think he is arranging a replacement first, he wasn’t long signing Flitcroft when Fattie went to China


Or .....

He could be doing nothing
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7849
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:49 am

daddycool wrote:I would think he is arranging a replacement first, he wasn’t long signing Flitcroft when Fattie went to China


That’s what we were saying.

I dare say that he wants to get that side resolved before sacking him.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7357
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Number63 wrote:
1970Stag wrote:I cant believe there are prunes on here that want Evans back, the guy that walked out because there was a better job in China, fell out with the fans, abused the officials week in, week out, and what's he done since he left us? Bugger all! By all means change the manager, but we dont want Evans back, imagine he took us back into the playoffs and then his dream job came up at [insert team name here] and buggered off (again) rather than finsihing the job we paid him for! Absolute plums!


I agree with that


Evans can rot in hell as far as I am concerned. Horrible person.


Life is too short to hd such strong opinions about someone you don't know. Evans really hasn't done anything that bad. No one died. Get over yourselves.

He didn't move to China, he went to a club in a higher division, it was handled badly, but come on, get off your righteous pedestal.

If he won he first 2 games we'd all love it. It's football, it's fickle.


Great post well said.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm


Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Shrews down to 10 but now playing the better of the two teams.... :roll:


Sounds daft but the sending off for them actually ended up killing US instead.

if we break up the game into thirds here's what I thought.

Ist 30 minutes I was impressed, you couldn't see which team was in a different league, it was just a bang average old 4th division game, nothing spectacular.

2nd 30 minutes either side of half time, again as above, nothing spectacular & had the defender not got his toe to a cross Cooky would've stuck it into an empty goal to put us 1-0 up. As the game got to the hour mark I was convinced it was going to finish 0-0 as I didn't think they posed much of a threat.

3rd half an hour. This is what killed us. They went down to 10 men with a really soft red card & it seemed to inspire their players more than ours. It was as if they said to each other 'we need to win this for the captain' after he'd been dismissed. We didn't seem to know how to play against the 10 men.

The substitutions were baffling. When the board went up with number 5 on it I thought maybe they were making a change before us when I saw Benning & Sterling-James ready to come on. I was stunned to see Pearce come off. Was he injured? It just didn't make sense. Then taking Smith off for Sterling-James I didn't understand either but thought fair enough he might be trying to go for the win. Personally I myself would've brought Jimmy on for the last 20-25 minutes as they wouldn't have had any footage of him so wouldn't have known what to expect. Benning struggled to get into the game as the first thing he did was give the ball away & was lucky not to have been caught out on the break then as the ref gave him a free kick. Then a few minutes later they had a deflected shot & the guy who Benning was meant to be marking slotted the ball into an empty goal to make it 1-0 after 88 minutes, that killed us. Had Pearce still been on I don't think that would've happened.

Pushing forward was always going to leave us susceptible to a breakaway goal but it doesn't matter when it's a cup match so you have to go for it. However just after their goal went in we took Maynard off to bring Khan on. What was that all about? Khan didn't do anything & didn't really have the chance to in 7 minutes, so I don't know why we didn't leave Maynard on.

I left the ground with a mixture of emotions. Gutted we were out. Disappointed that we couldn't hold on for a replay as we may have got on tele, got a few quid and then got a good draw in the next round to lift the fans a bit. I couldn't feel my toes it was that cold. I thought it was cruel that we lost 2-0 with goals in the 88th & 95th minutes but we only had ourselves to blame by not attacking enough & going for the jugular. I also felt that the last 30 minutes were the final nail in JD's coffin because he had such a golden opportunity to show what he can do & shut a few people up. Unfortunately for him & us he failed and I can't see any way back for him now which I am gutted about as I really wanted him to succeed.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Dan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Shrews down to 10 but now playing the better of the two teams.... :roll:


Sounds daft but the sending off for them actually ended up killing US instead.

if we break up the game into thirds here's what I thought.

Ist 30 minutes I was impressed, you couldn't see which team was in a different league, it was just a bang average old 4th division game, nothing spectacular.

2nd 30 minutes either side of half time, again as above, nothing spectacular & had the defender not got his toe to a cross Cooky would've stuck it into an empty goal to put us 1-0 up. As the game got to the hour mark I was convinced it was going to finish 0-0 as I didn't think they posed much of a threat.

3rd half an hour. This is what killed us. They went down to 10 men with a really soft red card & it seemed to inspire their players more than ours. It was as if they said to each other 'we need to win this for the captain' after he'd been dismissed. We didn't seem to know how to play against the 10 men.

The substitutions were baffling. When the board went up with number 5 on it I thought maybe they were making a change before us when I saw Benning & Sterling-James ready to come on. I was stunned to see Pearce come off. Was he injured? It just didn't make sense. Then taking Smith off for Sterling-James I didn't understand either but thought fair enough he might be trying to go for the win. Personally I myself would've brought Jimmy on for the last 20-25 minutes as they wouldn't have had any footage of him so wouldn't have known what to expect. Benning struggled to get into the game as the first thing he did was give the ball away & was lucky not to have been caught out on the break then as the ref gave him a free kick. Then a few minutes later they had a deflected shot & the guy who Benning was meant to be marking slotted the ball into an empty goal to make it 1-0 after 88 minutes, that killed us. Had Pearce still been on I don't think that would've happened.

Pushing forward was always going to leave us susceptible to a breakaway goal but it doesn't matter when it's a cup match so you have to go for it. However just after their goal went in we took Maynard off to bring Khan on. What was that all about? Khan didn't do anything & didn't really have the chance to in 7 minutes, so I don't know why we didn't leave Maynard on.

I left the ground with a mixture of emotions. Gutted we were out. Disappointed that we couldn't hold on for a replay as we may have got on tele, got a few quid and then got a good draw in the next round to lift the fans a bit. I couldn't feel my toes it was that cold. I thought it was cruel that we lost 2-0 with goals in the 88th & 95th minutes but we only had ourselves to blame by not attacking enough & going for the jugular. I also felt that the last 30 minutes were the final nail in JD's coffin because he had such a golden opportunity to show what he can do & shut a few people up. Unfortunately for him & us he failed and I can't see any way back for him now which I am gutted about as I really wanted him to succeed.


Fair reflection Dan.

I’m glad you see the subs baffling as well, it’s been like that all season!
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Shrews down to 10 but now playing the better of the two teams.... :roll:


Sounds daft but the sending off for them actually ended up killing US instead.

if we break up the game into thirds here's what I thought.

Ist 30 minutes I was impressed, you couldn't see which team was in a different league, it was just a bang average old 4th division game, nothing spectacular.

2nd 30 minutes either side of half time, again as above, nothing spectacular & had the defender not got his toe to a cross Cooky would've stuck it into an empty goal to put us 1-0 up. As the game got to the hour mark I was convinced it was going to finish 0-0 as I didn't think they posed much of a threat.

3rd half an hour. This is what killed us. They went down to 10 men with a really soft red card & it seemed to inspire their players more than ours. It was as if they said to each other 'we need to win this for the captain' after he'd been dismissed. We didn't seem to know how to play against the 10 men.

The substitutions were baffling. When the board went up with number 5 on it I thought maybe they were making a change before us when I saw Benning & Sterling-James ready to come on. I was stunned to see Pearce come off. Was he injured? It just didn't make sense. Then taking Smith off for Sterling-James I didn't understand either but thought fair enough he might be trying to go for the win. Personally I myself would've brought Jimmy on for the last 20-25 minutes as they wouldn't have had any footage of him so wouldn't have known what to expect. Benning struggled to get into the game as the first thing he did was give the ball away & was lucky not to have been caught out on the break then as the ref gave him a free kick. Then a few minutes later they had a deflected shot & the guy who Benning was meant to be marking slotted the ball into an empty goal to make it 1-0 after 88 minutes, that killed us. Had Pearce still been on I don't think that would've happened.

Pushing forward was always going to leave us susceptible to a breakaway goal but it doesn't matter when it's a cup match so you have to go for it. However just after their goal went in we took Maynard off to bring Khan on. What was that all about? Khan didn't do anything & didn't really have the chance to in 7 minutes, so I don't know why we didn't leave Maynard on.

I left the ground with a mixture of emotions. Gutted we were out. Disappointed that we couldn't hold on for a replay as we may have got on tele, got a few quid and then got a good draw in the next round to lift the fans a bit. I couldn't feel my toes it was that cold. I thought it was cruel that we lost 2-0 with goals in the 88th & 95th minutes but we only had ourselves to blame by not attacking enough & going for the jugular. I also felt that the last 30 minutes were the final nail in JD's coffin because he had such a golden opportunity to show what he can do & shut a few people up. Unfortunately for him & us he failed and I can't see any way back for him now which I am gutted about as I really wanted him to succeed.


Fair reflection Dan.

I’m glad you see the subs baffling as well, it’s been like that all season!


In fairness many don’t seem to have quite got that this season.

We’re in the stands stating the subs are needed and it’s usually quite often obvious who’s going to come on.

Yet he waits to go behind before he makes the subs - then it’s too little too late.

He should have made those moves the minute Shrewsbury went down to 10, unfortunately he dithered and panicked and well yeah.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7357
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, Chander Lear, MTFCMusings, stagmanrob and 34 guests