{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby london amber stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm

We are certainly heading towards oblivion because these players and manager are not good enough. Once you get in a downward spiral in this league it is very hard to recover. No ifs or buts, a new manager needs to be appointed ASAP and a total clear out In January of some of these big time players who have given up playing for our club.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 pm

First half nothing in it, we did OK allowing them too much time on the ball. There finishing was better than ours. Had the chances to score. CJ had a good game, penalties yet again poor. Good workout for the youngsters but this was a second string Vale team. OSJ came on, a substitution that worked but a little late.
Berryhillstagno1
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 pm

london amber stag wrote:We are certainly heading towards oblivion because these players and manager are not good enough. Once you get in a downward spiral in this league it is very hard to recover. No ifs or buts, a new manager needs to be appointed ASAP and a total clear out In January of some of these big time players who have given up playing for our club.

We are not heading to oblivion ,we are having a poor season
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 pm

spanishstag wrote:
london amber stag wrote:We are certainly heading towards oblivion because these players and manager are not good enough. Once you get in a downward spiral in this league it is very hard to recover. No ifs or buts, a new manager needs to be appointed ASAP and a total clear out In January of some of these big time players who have given up playing for our club.

We are not heading to oblivion ,we are having a poor season


Wake up and smell the coffee Spanish. We are drifting towards relegation. We can't win for heavens sake and can't play like we can win. We are on course to be contesting that single relegation place and that's the only confidence I've got that there's only one.
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Spanish is right, for once. Talk of relegation is an overreaction. There are nine teams below us, and we only need to be better than one of them, which we comfortable will be.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Spanish is right, for once. Talk of relegation is an overreaction. There are nine teams below us, and we only need to be better than one of them, which we comfortable will be.


Yes and no.

Our points to games ratio on the current trajectory takes us to a predicted whopping 50.8 points (or 51)

Which for the side we have is absolutely ridiculous, it’s beyond defence, it’s beyond shambolic it’s beyond explanation. But yet we still have dempster.

51 points has been enough for sides to go down with before - and had there been 2 relegation spaces it would be a very realistic threat.

However, the perverse reality of bury going under means the threat of relegation isn’t as real as it could well be.

But yet here we are - with a promotion budget talking about relegation and dempster is still here.

Slow hand clap to the board.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:28 pm

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Spanish is right, for once. Talk of relegation is an overreaction. There are nine teams below us, and we only need to be better than one of them, which we comfortable will be.


Yes and no.

Our points to games ratio on the current trajectory takes us to a predicted whopping 50.8 points (or 51)

Which for the side we have is absolutely ridiculous, it’s beyond defence, it’s beyond shambolic it’s beyond explanation. But yet we still have dempster.

51 points has been enough for sides to go down with before - and had there been 2 relegation spaces it would be a very realistic threat.

However, the perverse reality of bury going under means the threat of relegation isn’t as real as it could well be.

But yet here we are - with a promotion budget talking about relegation and dempster is still here.

Slow hand clap to the board.


But there isn’t two spaces, so it’s not a realistic threat, IMO.

He’s massively underachieving and deserves to be sacked (a few weeks ago too), but we won’t get relegated.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Spanish is right, for once. Talk of relegation is an overreaction. There are nine teams below us, and we only need to be better than one of them, which we comfortable will be.


Yes and no.

Our points to games ratio on the current trajectory takes us to a predicted whopping 50.8 points (or 51)

Which for the side we have is absolutely ridiculous, it’s beyond defence, it’s beyond shambolic it’s beyond explanation. But yet we still have dempster.

51 points has been enough for sides to go down with before - and had there been 2 relegation spaces it would be a very realistic threat.

However, the perverse reality of bury going under means the threat of relegation isn’t as real as it could well be.

But yet here we are - with a promotion budget talking about relegation and dempster is still here.

Slow hand clap to the board.


But there isn’t two spaces, so it’s not a realistic threat, IMO.

He’s massively underachieving and deserves to be sacked (a few weeks ago too), but we won’t get relegated.


Indeed, very unlikely, but we’d be more likely to be relegated than gain automatic promotion at present (again IMO).

Irrespective, that the talk of relegation in whatever context is being debated is damning
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 26 Nov

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 am

adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
adamstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Spanish is right, for once. Talk of relegation is an overreaction. There are nine teams below us, and we only need to be better than one of them, which we comfortable will be.


Yes and no.

Our points to games ratio on the current trajectory takes us to a predicted whopping 50.8 points (or 51)

Which for the side we have is absolutely ridiculous, it’s beyond defence, it’s beyond shambolic it’s beyond explanation. But yet we still have dempster.

51 points has been enough for sides to go down with before - and had there been 2 relegation spaces it would be a very realistic threat.

However, the perverse reality of bury going under means the threat of relegation isn’t as real as it could well be.

But yet here we are - with a promotion budget talking about relegation and dempster is still here.

Slow hand clap to the board.


But there isn’t two spaces, so it’s not a realistic threat, IMO.

He’s massively underachieving and deserves to be sacked (a few weeks ago too), but we won’t get relegated.


Indeed, very unlikely, but we’d be more likely to be relegated than gain automatic promotion at present (again IMO).

Irrespective, that the talk of relegation in whatever context is being debated is damning


BEWARE OF SELF-FULFILLING PROPHESIES
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7855
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1951stagsfan, Hjeldefan, MTFCMusings, Richard Cranium, stagsfan6493 and 28 guests