{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Discuss...

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Not impressed.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Not impressed.


We actually played pretty well.

I think potentially we could go OTT with the performance because it was 100000x better than we’ve seen of late.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby BigGuy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 pm

They hit the woodwork twice so could have easily been 3-0 at half time.

That said, how did Maynard miss that last one?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:19 pm

It’s an odd one

We play well - we don’t win
We don’t play well - we don’t win

Great mix there.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 pm

From where we were sitting, I thought there were a hole in the net when Maynard shot that last one
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm

BigGuy wrote:They hit the woodwork twice so could have easily been 3-0 at half time.

That said, how did Maynard miss that last one?


The GK slipped as well as Maynard closed in, seemed easier to miss than hit the target
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby The One » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:They hit the woodwork twice so could have easily been 3-0 at half time.

That said, how did Maynard miss that last one?


The GK slipped as well as Maynard closed in, seemed easier to miss than hit the target



I ask again, are they playing for JD ?
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11347
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby geoffhill » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:21 pm

IMO they are.Be careful what you wish for.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:34 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Sheffieldstag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 pm

From the highlights we had good chances 2nd half. If we'd have taken them then that would have been a cracking win
User avatar
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Discuss...


is maynard past his best?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20872
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:59 am

Spiritater wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Discuss...


is maynard past his best?




No
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:00 am

one f in mansfield wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Discuss...


is maynard past his best?




No


Of course he is. His best was Premier League. If the question is 'Is Maynard not good enough for us?', then the answer is definitely no.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5082
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:09 am

The One wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:They hit the woodwork twice so could have easily been 3-0 at half time.

That said, how did Maynard miss that last one?


The GK slipped as well as Maynard closed in, seemed easier to miss than hit the target



I ask again, are they playing for JD ?


Of course they are. Watch the highlights. Also watch the football show on Quest & listen to what the commentator says about how well we played on there. I bet you're gutted we only lost 1-0 aren't you?
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7536
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:37 am

Don't be pathetic Dan. No one wants us to lose. We just want a manager capable of getting results.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 am

Jamie wrote:Don't be pathetic Dan. No one wants us to lose. We just want a manager capable of getting results.


There’s no turning Dan’s head to our point of view, let him keep happy clapping his way through the season.

How many times have you seen us this season Dan?
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:11 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:Don't be pathetic Dan. No one wants us to lose. We just want a manager capable of getting results.


There’s no turning Dan’s head to our point of view, let him keep happy clapping his way through the season.

How many times have you seen us this season Dan?


Sooner or later even Dan has to see he is a lone voice in the wilderness and that we cant all be wrong
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Sky Sports highlights

Postby The One » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:09 am

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:They hit the woodwork twice so could have easily been 3-0 at half time.

That said, how did Maynard miss that last one?


The GK slipped as well as Maynard closed in, seemed easier to miss than hit the target



I ask again, are they playing for JD ?


Of course they are. Watch the highlights. Also watch the football show on Quest & listen to what the commentator says about how well we played on there. I bet you're gutted we only lost 1-0 aren't you?


That last statement shows how stupid you are becoming
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11347
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:01 am

Got a lot of respect for Dan, although we have had cross arguments on occasions.

Have to say he is way wide of the mark on the JD issue. Those of us who have had to witness the dross served up at the One Call this season know that a managerial change is due and the sooner the better.


JD was an honourable appointment, reward for past success at the academy but sorry he has not been able to work his majic on full grown proffesional footballers, kids will have looked up to JD, men are different.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 am

oldweststander wrote:Got a lot of respect for Dan, although we have had cross arguments on occasions.

Have to say he is way wide of the mark on the JD issue. Those of us who have had to witness the dross served up at the One Call this season know that a managerial change is due and the sooner the better.


JD was an honourable appointment, reward for past success at the academy but sorry he has not been able to work his majic on full grown proffesional footballers, kids will have looked up to JD, men are different.

Given that yesterday's performance was much improved and not the "dross served up at the One Call", doesn't he deserve a bit more time ?

Or do we just judge him on half a season ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Got a lot of respect for Dan, although we have had cross arguments on occasions.

Have to say he is way wide of the mark on the JD issue. Those of us who have had to witness the dross served up at the One Call this season know that a managerial change is due and the sooner the better.


JD was an honourable appointment, reward for past success at the academy but sorry he has not been able to work his majic on full grown proffesional footballers, kids will have looked up to JD, men are different.

Given that yesterday's performance was much improved and not the "dross served up at the One Call", doesn't he deserve a bit more time ?

Or do we just judge him on half a season ?


Every time things seem to get brighter, it’s just another false dawn. It’s tough to keep the faith!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8295
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Got a lot of respect for Dan, although we have had cross arguments on occasions.

Have to say he is way wide of the mark on the JD issue. Those of us who have had to witness the dross served up at the One Call this season know that a managerial change is due and the sooner the better.


JD was an honourable appointment, reward for past success at the academy but sorry he has not been able to work his majic on full grown proffesional footballers, kids will have looked up to JD, men are different.

Given that yesterday's performance was much improved and not the "dross served up at the One Call", doesn't he deserve a bit more time ?

Or do we just judge him on half a season ?


You could say that 45 minutes of hope shouldn’t allow him more time.

He’s had a whole summer to work with this group, this group that were a joy to watch at times last season.

It’s been utterly crap this season, the Macclesfield debacle was the end for me.

The Radfords must act now.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:54 pm

You can also easily argue that going against what he believes in (ie defensive and dull) was actually a sign of weakness and that hes caved to pressure from others. Not to mention that last week was the game to go for it in and this week we would have accepted going there to be tight and hard to beat.

He can't win really but that's usually what happens when you've dug yourself this deep a hole.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fitzy499, IAmTheStag, marker_mtfc95, NorthLondonStag and 32 guests