{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:It’s the only solution, said it time and time again, managers do not succeed once over 80% of fans want them gone.

I love it how you keep plucking these percentages out of the air. The other day it was 95% :lol: Now apparently it's 80% :lol:

Bearing in mind a lot of our fan base are on the 'older' side & don't use social media or stagsnet it's still nowhere near as much as that either. But you crack on with your fantasy figures :lol:

Christ, talk about pedantic :lol: The point is that the percentage is high, very high, whether we know an exact figure or not, it’s really not difficult stuff to comprehend Dan. Also how would you know whether the older fan base want him in or out?

Funnily enough when I did give you accurate percentages R.e Dempster/Carlton Palmer it was glossed over :lol:

You mean you started backtracking & saying “I was only joking” when I pointed out to you that JD has only had half the amount of games that Palmer had (41) so you couldn’t make an accurate percentage?!. Yes I remember the vehicle reversing.... :lol:

:lol: Did you read the post? I said I only originally said Dempster was worse than Palmer tongue in cheek... then I looked in to it and realised that he actually is performing worse than him somehow, and showed you percentages that Dempster is currently operating below Palmers final win percentage. Then added if you just look at Palmers first 18 games to have a direct comparison with Dempster 18 league games, Palmer achieved more wins and more points.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Thing is Dan, when Demps has had a full season and been woeful throughout, what will your excuse be then?

At what point will you agree he is a terrible failure.

I'll change my mind on him if he some how sees the season out and gets to the playoffs. That's his minimum requirement, and it's pretty unlikely. Otherwise I will think of him as the worst manager I can remember, who I believe needs to be replaced ASAFP.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:30 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:It’s the only solution, said it time and time again, managers do not succeed once over 80% of fans want them gone.

I love it how you keep plucking these percentages out of the air. The other day it was 95% :lol: Now apparently it's 80% :lol:

Bearing in mind a lot of our fan base are on the 'older' side & don't use social media or stagsnet it's still nowhere near as much as that either. But you crack on with your fantasy figures :lol:

Christ, talk about pedantic :lol: The point is that the percentage is high, very high, whether we know an exact figure or not, it’s really not difficult stuff to comprehend Dan. Also how would you know whether the older fan base want him in or out?

Funnily enough when I did give you accurate percentages R.e Dempster/Carlton Palmer it was glossed over :lol:

You mean you started backtracking & saying “I was only joking” when I pointed out to you that JD has only had half the amount of games that Palmer had (41) so you couldn’t make an accurate percentage?!. Yes I remember the vehicle reversing.... :lol:

:lol: Did you read the post? I said I only originally said Dempster was worse than Palmer tongue in cheek... then I looked in to it and realised that he actually is performing worse than him somehow, and showed you percentages that Dempster is currently operating below Palmers final win percentage. Then added if you just look at Palmers first 18 games to have a direct comparison with Dempster 18 league games, Palmer achieved more wins and more points.

Yes I read it & you’ve just confirmed I was right. You can’t compare records of two people when one has had 21 games more than the other, it’s just not right or fair.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:35 pm

That’s how percentages work Dan.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Dan you are painful. I’ve just said I also looked at Palmers first 18 games for a direct comparison, he won more games and got more points than Dempster has in his first 18.

Also, you’re therefore questioning the validity of any managers win % stats then, because they haven’t all managed an equal amount of games.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Thing is Dan, when Demps has had a full season and been woeful throughout, what will your excuse be then?

I'll change my mind on him if he some how sees the season out and gets to the playoffs. That's his minimum requirement, and it's pretty unlikely. Otherwise I will think of him as the worst manager I can remember, who I believe needs to be replaced ASAFP.

He makes Cartoon Palmers reign look like the glory years
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Thing is Dan, when Demps has had a full season and been woeful throughout, what will your excuse be then?

When it’s fair to judge him as that. In November when we’re not even halfway through the season is NOT the right time to call him that.

If we are 12-15 points adrift come January with no signs of improvement then I’d be in favour of a change. At the moment I don’t think he’s been given a proper chance yet as he’s only had 3 months worth of league games to get things right. We’ve seen already that Flitcroft struggled even more than this & so did nearly every other manager. I’d be interested to see the list of percentages of points for all our managers for the first 20 games of their managerial career just to see where JD is in the list.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:42 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dan you are painful. I’ve just said I also looked at Palmers first 18 games for a direct comparison, he won more games and got more points than Dempster has in his first 18.

Also, you’re therefore questioning the validity of any managers win % stats then, because they haven’t all managed an equal amount of games.

How can you have “a direct comparison” when one has had 20 games & one had 41?! That’s like me running 100 yards & you running 1500m & me saying I’m the better runner because I finished first :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan you are painful. I’ve just said I also looked at Palmers first 18 games for a direct comparison, he won more games and got more points than Dempster has in his first 18.

How can you have “a direct comparison” when one has had 20 games & one had 41?! That’s like me running 100 yards & you running 1500m & me saying I’m the better runner because I finished first :lol:

Am I even reading this?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan let me spell it out for you for the 4th time...

I looked at Carlton Palmers opening 18 games to see how he performed in comparison with John Dempsters opening 18 games (which is every league game up to now).

Palmer, won 6, attained 24 points
Dempster, won 5, attained 21 points

That is a direct comparison of their opening 18 games, not 20, not 41...18 :lol:
Last edited by BH_Stag on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:04 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

I looked at Carlton Palmers opening 18 games to see how he performed in comparison with John Dempsters opening 18 games (which is every league game up to now).

Flitcroft, won 5, attained 21 points

That is a direct comparison of their opening 18 games, not 20, not 41...18 :lol:

I can’t tell if Dan actually can’t understand this simple point or whether he’s just acting daft to avoid confronting a rather damming fact :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

You've told us about Palmer and Flitcroft. How did Dempster do?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dempster, won 5, attained 21 points

Apologies, I meant Dempster, now corrected
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 pm

My moneys on dan ,what cant talk cant lie
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

Read the poll, last I lòoked 89 percent want him out.

I’d be really interested to hear from someone who actually wants him still in the post.

Maybe they’re the same ones that believe Jeremy corbyn and Diane Abbott would make a good leadership team :lol:

A far more intelligent team than Boris and prit patel, both of whom are ghastly human beings and totally unfit for any public office.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 pm

garlic wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:

Read the poll, last I lòoked 89 percent want him out.

I’d be really interested to hear from someone who actually wants him still in the post.

Maybe they’re the same ones that believe Jeremy corbyn and Diane Abbott would make a good leadership team :lol:

A far more intelligent team than Boris and prit patel, both of whom are ghastly human beings and totally unfit for any public office.

Well, neither of them are any good.

But given the tories have done what they’ve done for a decade and labour still see themselves 15 points behind in the polls is a pretty special effort :lol:

I mean, how is that even possible? Mainly corbyn and his cronies being raspberries
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:57 pm

How anyone can think that Dire Abbott is intelligent is beyond me. She will be Home Secretary if Labour win a majority and that's even more frightening than Corbin being Prime Minister

We need to get the real Labour Party back from these Momentum hijackers sharpish. And yes I am from a labour background.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How anyone can think that Dire Abbott is intelligent is beyond me. She will be Home Secretary if Labour win a majority and that's even more frightening than Corbin being Prime Minister

We need to get the real Labour Party back from these Momentum hijackers sharpish. And yes I am from a labour background.

But surely this is back to the real Labour party? Left wing, Marxist idiots????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How anyone can think that Dire Abbott is intelligent is beyond me. She will be Home Secretary if Labour win a majority and that's even more frightening than Corbin being Prime Minister

Back on topic guys . Take it to politics forum
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 pm

The One wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Back on topic guys . Take it to politics forum

In fairness though pal, talking about politics or talking about stags?

That’s a challenging one
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant Sandy! I think I got him a bit flummoxed ;)

Anyway we’ve come to the conclusion that between JD, Carlton Palmer & Flitcroft that none of them set the world alight in their first 18 games despite people saying Flitcroft was God & so much better than JD who is apparently so much worse than Palmer! Glad we got that sorted out.

Oh & the Tories are raspberry :D :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:29 am

I wasn’t flummoxed Dan, just a typo, though I was having a laugh that it took you 4 attempts to understand the most basic of comparisons :lol:

Anyway, we’ve hijacked the scorethread , so to offer something by the way of that, Dempster needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one. Be positive and have a go instead of waiting for them to score and then changing it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:57 am

Like him or loathe him, DF was our best shot at promotion. Evans ruled himself out of the running by jumping ship. Nobody else has come close.

Put it this way, this team has been around the promotion places for the past 2 seasons, its not changed much. JD can't even get them to convincingly win, except for Oldham but they can drop into the relegation zone with a loss tomorrow.

At the end of the day we have witnessed what this squad is capable of over the past 2 seasons. We are nowhere near that level both in terms of performance and results. That's why there's so many wanting him gone. If he had completely rebuilt the squad there would be more people giving him more time. But he hasn't. You could argue that, if anything, he's improved the squad. Gordon is a better option a RWB than Jones, Cook and Maynard to replace Walker and Ajose are very strong replacements.

This is a match thread so as for the match, I really hope JD gets them to play the way we all know they can and show Swindon up. However with the way the games have gone for most of the season, I feel that if we win, we would have nicked it rather than fully deserving it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am

We will set up to grab a 1-0 win, fail again and get beaten by two clear goals at least.

Then next week we exit the FA Cup, will JD be so wonderful in Steve Hymass's and the boards rose tinted glasses then?

Get him gone and get someone in who commands footballing managerial respect, it's all too cozy at the One Call.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:35 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tibby » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 am

£10 to park. To watch 4th tier football.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum