{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon scorethread sponsored by Serge Danot

Postby Jamie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:51 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Another week without a win, and after each one the ‘But look at Notts County!” line just gets used more and more by the Dempster apologists.

Yes but just look at them ,just sayin

Our situation is nothing like theres. We wont go down even with JD and certainly wouldnt with a sensible replacement. County were rotten and toxic from the top down. Our owners are nothing like him...

A positive change and everyone will get behind the club. It's the only way now. Even if he has time, he needs a winning run immediately now and even then the first sign of trouble and people will be right back to this point. Hes done. It's over.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Never easy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 pm

I am indulging in my own self defeat
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:53 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Another week without a win, and after each one the ‘But look at Notts County!” line just gets used more and more by the Dempster apologists.

You change your mind with the wind.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:54 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I'm not a "Dempster apologist". There shouldn't have been a vacancy and when there was he shouldn't have been given the job". I think the club falls down badly in recruiting managers because they never seem to have a shortlist or interview anyone.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. If the next management appointment is a knee jerk reaction it is likely we will get the wrong person. If that happens and things don't improve the club will be in a downward spiral like our Nottingham neighbours and those on the other side of the M1.

It is a very difficult time for the club. We need the right manager at the right time. Best to show a bit of patience.

And what exactly are we waiting for? Another season to pass by? 2000 off the gate? What is the catalyst for change in your eyes? I’m intrigued.

We are awaiting for things to turn around. Improved performances and then improved results, then improved league positions.

I've not seen a match report, but I have the feeling that the performance was improved today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I'm not a "Dempster apologist". There shouldn't have been a vacancy and when there was he shouldn't have been given the job". I think the club falls down badly in recruiting managers because they never seem to have a shortlist or interview anyone.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. If the next management appointment is a knee jerk reaction it is likely we will get the wrong person. If that happens and things don't improve the club will be in a downward spiral like our Nottingham neighbours and those on the other side of the M1.

It is a very difficult time for the club. We need the right manager at the right time. Best to show a bit of patience.

And what exactly are we waiting for? Another season to pass by? 2000 off the gate? What is the catalyst for change in your eyes? I’m intrigued.

We are awaiting for things to turn around. Improved performances and then improved results, then improved league positions.

I've not seen a match report, but I have the feeling that the performance was improved today.

I went to the game and performance was improved in the second half today. But what I’m asking is what is your catalyst for change? How bad do things have to get before you deem it fit for change? Law of averages suggests if you keep playing and playing your bound to have a good half at some point, unfortunately we still couldn’t make it count.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Our situation is nothing like theres. We wont go down even with JD and certainly wouldnt with a sensible replacement. County were rotten and toxic from the top down. Our owners are nothing like him...

A positive change and everyone will get behind the club. It's the only way now. Even if he has time, he needs a winning run immediately now and even then the first sign of trouble and people will be right back to this point. Hes done. It's over.

Jamie have the club made good management appointments since we employed Paul Cox?

I accept what you are saying about the difference in the culture of both clubs. It's the danger of setting on managers in quick succession that is the danger. That's the comparison I'm making withNotts and Chesterfield for that matter.

The wrong appointment next time, would cause a lot of problems for the club, confidence wise as well as financial.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Sorry I was wrong, I thought we would lose by at least two goals, can we take any solace from only a one niller, answer no, defeat is a defeat.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The good news is with Scunthorpe winning, we have not beaten a side currently outside the bottom seven :mexican_wave:

However, they are still below us, so we've still not beaten a team currently above us in the table!

You could say that about Swindon, only beat teams below them :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Why are a handful of posters so confident we won't get embroiled in a relegation scrap?

We very easily could be, and worse still, lose that scrap.

Dempster has to be relieved of his duties asap. I'd take 15th in May now.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Looks like Radford has had a pint or two looking at Facebook.

‘Time to start making a list of who to bring in John’
‘Yes probably’

‘Time to change’
‘let’s sleep on it.. love you’ :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Hate to say it, but I’ve turned.

Dempster out.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Jamie have the club made good management appointments since we employed Paul Cox?

I accept what you are saying about the difference in the culture of both clubs. It's the danger of setting on managers in quick succession that is the danger. That's the comparison I'm making withNotts and Chesterfield for that matter.

The wrong appointment next time, would cause a lot of problems for the club, confidence wise as well as financial.

Well the next appointment is going to have to happen at some point before the start of next season because Dempster is useless.

Giving a new manager the rest of season to assess the squad before the summer transfer market and next season would be wise. He could have a good look at the players and decide who he wants to keep, get rid of, and where we’ll need to strengthen in the summer.

Today’s oppnenents, Swindon, sacked a failing Phil Brown on the 13th of November 2018 after targeting promotion. Richie Wellens got the rest of the season to assess the squad, and now this year they’re top of the league and are scoring for fun.

See, I just picked out an example of a promotion chasing team who sacked their massively failing manager months into the season who since have never looked back now they’re top of the league. The oppposite of what happened to Notts County!
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:22 pm

The problem is that we need the replacement to be in place before he's sacked.

Who within the club could be caretaker while we carry out a proper interview process?. I can't think of a credable stopgap with any type of experience nor do any of the players seem up to the job. It's not a comforting thought.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Well the next appointment is going to have to happen at some point before the start of next season because Dempster is useless.

Giving a new manager the rest of season to assess the squad before the summer transfer market and next season would be wise. He could have a good look at the players and decide who he wants to keep, get rid of, and where we’ll need to strengthen in the summer.

Today’s oppnenents, Swindon, sacked a failing Phil Brown on the 13th of November 2018 after targeting promotion. Richie Wellens got the rest of the season to assess the squad, and now this year they’re top of the league and are scoring for fun.

See, I just picked out an example of a promotion chasing team who sacked their massively failing manager months into the season who since have never looked back now they’re top of the league. The oppposite of what happened to Notts County!

Bang on and a relevant example that shows we shouldn’t be afraid of getting rid of an underperforming manager just because Notts County got relegated.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

But what about Notts County?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Emulating Notts County? For that to happen the boardroom would have to be the same. Is JR like Hardy? We see John's chopper from time to time but its not the same.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I went to the game and performance was improved in the second half today. But what I’m asking is what is your catalyst for change? How bad do things have to get before you deem it fit for change? Law of averages suggests if you keep playing and playing your bound to have a good half at some point, unfortunately we still couldn’t make it count.

I agree that it was a much better performance today.

Just a small but important point about the law of averages...

The law of averages is the fallacious belief that a particular outcome or event is inevitable or certain simply because it is statistically possible. ... As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects wishful thinking.

My hunch is that radford's have already decided to part with Mr Dempster, and are taking a while to look for the right replacement.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:47 pm

I was at the game.
Played well today second half and unlucky not to get at least a draw. Maynard gets one of his chances it could have been very different.
Can’t be bothered to participate in the in or out debate as others have it well covered.
Two points from me: team doesn’t look fit enough. Cooks not doing enough for me to start at the moment
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Oh and I am right in thinking that Drewe got a yellow
Card? I couldn’t tell.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Mellis and CJ have to play more games.

Just missing something else in midfield that we don't have anywhere in the squad.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm

The sad thing is, the defeat was expected.
Good performances mean absolutely nothing if you don’t come away with any points. Nobody should be remotely happy with a good performance and a loss. Get rid of this Manager......Please!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Emulating Notts County? For that to happen the boardroom would have to be the same. Is JR like Hardy? We see John's chopper from time to time but its not the same.

So it's nothing to do with a succession of bad decisions regarding sacking and appointing managements.

If we appoint a certain manager with the initials DC, whose current team is further down the league than us, I think the Notts County comparison will be even more credible.

The next management appointment is crucial and shouldn't be rushed. Hopefully it will be advertised and the top three interviewed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 pm

After the players claiming they “couldn’t play” due a hostile crowd (as if )

That they’ve not won or scored in either game relstesent bare the raspberryshow going on.

He needs to be sacked by Monday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:08 pm

adamstag wrote:After the players claiming they “couldn’t play” due a hostile crowd (as if )

That they’ve not won or scored in either game relstesent bare the raspberryshow going on.

He needs to be sacked by Monday

Your post makes no sense, adam
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:12 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Oh and I am right in thinking that Drewe got a yellow
Card? I couldn’t tell.

Yes, you're right.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum