{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster press conference Tue 19 Nov/Rose out for 3-4 weeks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster press conference Tue 19 Nov/Rose out for 3-4 we

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:24 pm

He’s utterly deluded.

It wasn’t a negative set up? :lol:

Like anyone - literally anyone - is going to fall for that?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:30 pm

I really hope Khan is fit for Swindon because otherwise Dempster will be trotting out the same starting 11 as Macclesfield won’t he :shock:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:41 pm

That interview alone is sackable right?

Maynards interview points to the fact the squad feel its Fans vs Team at the minute.

All very toxic.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:I really hope Khan is fit for Swindon because otherwise Dempster will be trotting out the same starting 11 as Macclesfield won’t he :shock:

He probably should. We will do very well to stop Swindon scoring.
I'd be happy with a point.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Maynards interview points to the fact the squad feel its Fans vs Team at the minute.

But that's the sad fact it's the manager and his tactics and abilities that the fans are against.

Things would change in a moment if the performances were exciting....the players played like they enjoyed it... and we had a manager we had faith in
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:52 pm

chip63 wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:I really hope Khan is fit for Swindon because otherwise Dempster will be trotting out the same starting 11 as Macclesfield won’t he :shock:

He probably should. We will do very well to stop Swindon scoring.
I'd be happy with a point.

No. It would help if we started one or two more players that the opposition would have to worry about for a change.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 pm

how he cannot see or agree he set up last sat with a negative formation is beyond words
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:06 pm

So this is the third time that playing and coaching staff have criticised the fans, Bishop, Drewe Broughton and now Maynard. They need to remember that the majority of fans did not boo after that Chorley game, they trudged off totally disheartened but did not show their displeasure. Then over 700 fans attended the Macclesfield game where they were soaked to the skin to watch another turgid performance.

This us v them attitude is festering at the moment and someone from the board needs to get a grip of this before the toxic boos, become a loud clamouring.

Last season, there was a togetherness and real excitement around the club. People looked forward to games, knowing we were going to have a great chance of winning. Now there is resentment, verbal outbursts by players and fans and a sense of gloom around the club.

Sadly, I do not think this situation will improve if JD remains, a new man needs to come in to re energise both the players and fans. I love my club and really want them to succeed, I will be gutted if all the great momentum the Radfords have built so passionately over the years ebbs away.

So let’s hope a statement from the board sorts out this current malaise as soon as possible.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 pm

london amber stag wrote:So this is the third time that playing and coaching staff have criticised the fans, Bishop, Drewe Broughton and now Maynard. They need to remember that the majority of fans did not boo after that Chorley game, they trudged off totally disheartened but did not show their displeasure. Then over 700 fans attended the Macclesfield game where they were soaked to the skin to watch another turgid performance.

This us v them attitude is festering at the moment and someone from the board needs to get a grip of this before the toxic boos, become a loud clamouring.

Last season, there was a togetherness and real excitement around the club. People looked forward to games, knowing we were going to have a great chance of winning. Now there is resentment, verbal outbursts by players and fans and a sense of gloom around

Sadly, I do not think this situation will improve if JD remains, a new man needs to come in to re energise both the players and fans. I love my club and really want them to succeed, I will be gutted if all the great momentum the Radfords have built so passionately over the years ebbs away.

So let’s hope a statement from the board sorts out this current malaise as soon as possible.

Good post, there is no way back for JD now, a decision is needed sooner rather than later. Feelings are festering. Something, I do not know what as been wrong since season started.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:And Maynard trotted out as the latest staff member to have a go at how horrible it is to play at Field Mill where they aren't appreciated and people express their lack of appreciation for the efforts. We are such terrible fans expecting decent football and home wins!!

Have a look at the Maynard interview as printed on the club website as opposed to the quotes Martin kindly gave us live....no mention of Chorley and being boo'd.. the comment about being criticised at home for poor passing has been changed to that they don't get criticised away....and the disheartening impact is now against the young players (who aren't playing).

Must be me. ...that can't have been changed ... could it?? Why would anyone have done that? :lol:
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:And Maynard trotted out as the latest staff member to have a go at how horrible it is to play at Field Mill where they aren't appreciated and people express their lack of appreciation for the efforts. We are such terrible fans expecting decent football and home wins!!

Have a look at the Maynard interview as printed on the club website as opposed to the quotes Martin kindly gave us live....no mention of Chorley and being boo'd.. the comment about being criticised at home for poor passing has been changed to that they don't get criticised away....and the disheartening impact is now against the young players (who aren't playing).

Must be me. ...that can't have been changed ... could it?? Why would anyone have done that? :lol:

I wouldn't read anything into that. Different person normally doing Twitter feed versus doing articles on club website. If you want to know verbatim what he said, you'll need to watch the full interview.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:43 pm

They’re all poor little darlings!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:43 pm

The One wrote:
london amber stag wrote:So this is the third time that playing and coaching staff have criticised the fans, Bishop, Drewe Broughton and now Maynard. They need to remember that the majority of fans did not boo after that Chorley game, they trudged off totally disheartened but did not show their displeasure. Then over 700 fans attended the Macclesfield game where they were soaked to the skin to watch another turgid performance.

Last season, there was a togetherness and real excitement around the club. People looked forward to games, knowing we were going to have a great chance of winning. Now there is resentment, verbal outbursts by players and fans and a sense of gloom around

Good post, there is no way back for JD now, a decision is needed sooner rather than later. Feelings are festering. Something, I do not know what as been wrong since season started.

His problem being is that he lived in his own little planet.

For some bizarre reason the management and players seem to relieve a 0-0 draw at Macclesfield with all the chaos going on - where they hadn’t trained for 10 days is actually acceptable.

It blatantly isn’t acceptable - nor is the vast majority of the utter tripe that’s been served up so far this season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm

adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:

For some bizarre reason the management and players seem to relieve a 0-0 draw at Macclesfield with all the chaos going on - where they hadn’t trained for 10 days is actually acceptable.

It blatantly isn’t acceptable - nor is the vast majority of the utter tripe that’s been served up so far this season.

Totally agree - Dempsters post match interview was amazing...actually angered me how he was talking up the fact that once they knew Macc were due to field their 1st team which had some players that had 'played at a higher level' they knew it would be a tough game etc etc!

Last season we had a confidence/arrogance that teams feared due to our decent form and strong squad - correct me if I'm wrong but the squad is arguably stronger with the addition of 2 proven strikers?!

Why are we now talking up a point at a Macc team in disarray that have basically the same relatively poor squad they had last season - I really don't get it!

We should have turned up on the back of a good win at Burton with an attacking lineup and took the game to them - surely with the attacking players we have we could have turned them over? Why is Drewe Brougton not doing his mentality job on the manager/team telling them they are world beaters etc..

Moan nearly over...why also do we keep hearing about 'a work in progress' 'turning corners' etc - get a grip, we probably have the most stable squad in the league, most of them have played together for at least 2 seasons fgs.
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Fans feed off a bit of excitement on the pitch. If JD was to proper go for it at home to some of the teams we’ve already been beaten by he would have the crowd behind them straight away.

Starting 2 CDM’s at home is embarrassing and sets the tone.

Let this squad loose and have a go!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm

S7AGS wrote:
adamstag wrote:
The One wrote:

Totally agree - Dempsters post match interview was amazing...actually angered me how he was talking up the fact that once they knew Macc were due to field their 1st team which had some players that had 'played at a higher level' they knew it would be a tough game etc etc!

Last season we had a confidence/arrogance that teams feared due to our decent form and strong squad - correct me if I'm wrong but the squad is arguably stronger with the addition of 2 proven strikers?!

Why are we now talking up a point at a Macc team in disarray that have basically the same relatively poor squad they had last season - I really don't get it!

We should have turned up on the back of a good win at Burton with an attacking lineup and took the game to them - surely with the attacking players we have we could have turned them over? Why is Drewe Brougton not doing his mentality job on the manager/team telling them they are world beaters etc..

Moan nearly over...why also do we keep hearing about 'a work in progress' 'turning corners' etc - get a grip, we probably have the most stable squad in the league, most of them have played together for at least 2 seasons fgs.

Dempster and Broughton are good at ....

Corporate psycho-babble
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am

Im not surprised players don't like playing at home... the atmosphere is crap. We only sing when we score. And god forbid a player messes something up, the crowd still moan and get onto the lads.
We were beating Oldham 5-0 and when Dapo lost control of the ball in front of the quarry lane end he got some right stick.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Im not surprised players don't like playing at home... the atmosphere is crap. We only sing when we score. And god forbid a player messes something up, the crowd still moan and get onto the lads.
We were beating Oldham 5-0 and when Dapo lost control of the ball in front of the quarry lane end he got some right stick.

It's like talking to a wall Sedgwick. It's a dempsters fault and the only way they can show they're unhappy is by booing and hurling abuse at anyone and everyone! :roll: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Why has JD felt the need to explain his selection to the media/fans? IMO it comes across that he’s not that confident in it, why would you explain yourself to the fans?

I’m still finding it extremely difficult to support him on the every man back for a corner topic.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Why has JD felt the need to explain his selection to the media/fans? IMO it comes across that he’s not that confident in it, why would you explain yourself to the fans?

I’m still finding it extremely difficult to support him on the every man back for a corner topic.

Maybe because the amount of fans that are causing an uproar about the whole corner defending routine? It's obviously been picked up by JD and Hymas as even he posted a status about it. He might feel that explaining it will help fans understand why he does it, but it probably won't.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Why has JD felt the need to explain his selection to the media/fans? IMO it comes across that he’s not that confident in it, why would you explain yourself to the fans?

Maybe because the amount of fans that are causing an uproar about the whole corner defending routine? It's obviously been picked up by JD and Hymas as even he posted a status about it. He might feel that explaining it will help fans understand why he does it, but it probably won't.

I get that point but I think it just shows a bit of weakness & lack of self confidence in his own system?

I did hear on Saturday that JD had told somebody that 80% of clubs now have every man back for corners, seems extremely high that does. PL teams like Man City will do potentially as they can break forward and score within seconds, we would just wack it forward into the next town.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Just watched the full interview and it’s actually laughable that he’s trying to convince us he set up with 2 advanced midfielders, and if he believes that himself that that’s a huge concern.

Did he honestly expect Macdonald and Tomlinson to make forward runs, find pockets of space, thread a nice through ball, link up with the strikers, arrive late in the box? Come on, we’ve all watched these players plenty of times to know this is not their game and something they haven’t got in their locker.

The more I listen to him the more dismayed I become, and the same goes watching us most of the time. No sense of direction, results largely poor, being cut adrift in the league and it’s leading to having no sense of excitement before games.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

What a load of tosh it is listening to league 2managers
talking about formations and 2 sitting and 2 forward with Christmas tree
formation etc etc etc. What they need to realise is they are dealing with footballers
who have limited ability, this is the reason why they play at that level.

Man City bring everyone back for corners because they have intelligent players such
as sterling silva etc who know what to do and when to do it. All our players do is stand
there and watch someone whack it clear and back it comes.

Why don’t we just make football simple at the level we are at. All I hear is managers saying
blah blah blah formations but realistically at our level it’s all rubbish because the players can’t
carry out those instructions. And these instructions come from a manager who has never
played football at a top level such as Man City etc. We could have Raheem sterling in our team
but I can guarantee that when everyone is back for a corner and off he goes into his position to
make the breakaway he will never see the ball because our players aren’t up to the task of
playing him in.

Is it just me that thinks our managers worry too much about formations and tactics?
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:38 pm

robbingdog wrote:What a load of tosh it is listening to league 2managers
talking about formations and 2 sitting and 2 forward with Christmas tree
formation etc etc etc. What they need to realise is they are dealing with footballers
who have limited ability, this is the reason why they play at that level.

Man City bring everyone back for corners because they have intelligent players such
as sterling silva etc who know what to do and when to do it. All our players do is stand
there and watch someone whack it clear and back it comes.

Why don’t we just make football simple at the level we are at. All I hear is managers saying
blah blah blah formations but realistically at our level it’s all rubbish because the players can’t
carry out those instructions. And these instructions come from a manager who has never
played football at a top level such as Man City etc. We could have Raheem sterling in our team
but I can guarantee that when everyone is back for a corner and off he goes into his position to
make the breakaway he will never see the ball because our players aren’t up to the task of
playing him in.

Is it just me that thinks our managers worry too much about formations and tactics?

Yes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum