{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Realistically who would you bring in?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Realistically who would you bring in?

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

hucknallstag wrote:I can't because there isn't any, it's a message board not a court room Dan, just my opinion btw

Fixed that for you ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

MOTG wrote:Give JD a little longer, if that fails what about Brian Laws?

Brian Laws was interviewed for the job previously. He turned down the chance when told what the budget was.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:43 pm

altering peoples quotes/posts dan?is that what you photographers/journalists do?btw.....is that allowed on here mods?
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:47 pm

hucknallstag wrote:altering peoples quotes/posts dan?is that what you photographers/journalists do?btw.....is that allowed on here mods?

:lol: :lol: :lol: probably more allowed than accusing someone falsely of being an alcoholic which is against the law ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 pm

you reckon?i was quoting what youd have found on many forums at the time....true or not,you however have altered my quote dan which was a fact.i dont need to justify my opinions to you or anybody else,especially when your taking to altering my quotes without my permission.ill leave it there mr jurno
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tuopolfpilf » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 pm

Craig Shakespeare, Nigel Pearson, Henryk Larsson
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm

hucknallstag wrote:you reckon?i was quoting what youd have found on many forums at the time....true or not,you however have altered my quote dan which was a fact.i dont need to justify my opinions to you or anybody else,especially when your taking to altering my quotes without my permission.ill leave it there mr jurno

No what you were doing was accusing someone of being an alcoholic on a forum, which could get you & Martin into a lawsuit. Don't believe me then ask Martin as it's happened before.

You've been proved wrong on all you've said because you've got no proof to back it up. To say 'someone else said it' wouldn't hold up in a court of law. ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 pm

and changing peoples quotes on a forum isnt?tut tut mr jurno
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm

hucknallstag wrote:and changing peoples quotes on a forum isnt?tut tut mr jurno

Stop digging!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:19 pm

hello,wondered how long it would be lol
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:45 am

Dan wrote:
hucknallstag wrote:you reckon?i was quoting what youd have found on many forums at the time....true or not,you however have altered my quote dan which was a fact.i dont need to justify my opinions to you or anybody else,especially when your taking to altering my quotes without my permission.ill leave it there mr jurno

No what you were doing was accusing someone of being an alcoholic on a forum, which could get you & Martin into a lawsuit. Don't believe me then ask Martin as it's happened before.

You've been proved wrong on all you've said because you've got no proof to back it up. To say 'someone else said it' wouldn't hold up in a court of law. ;)

I don't see how it would end in a lawsuit for us tbh. You can't be done for libel for repeating a claim made by somebody else, especially considering its a widespread allegation. Besides, how can you say for sure he wasn't out drinking? Even if you asked him and he denied it, most alcoholics don't even acknowledge they have a problem with it in the first place.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:18 am

So we've gone from which new manager would we like to sussing out if Kevin Nolan is an alcoholic or not :lol: I love this place
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:39 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:No just a gut feeling gents, we will have to wait and see, it’s just he ticks a lot of our boxes

it has to be coming this week, it cannot go on much longer can it?

Of course it can!

If the Board have more faith in JD than the fans do.

I wonder just how concerned (interested) Mr and Mrs Radford are at present.

JR cares, he won’t allow this season to be a write off, proof was the last manager failing then sacked, he will do what needs to be done

The season is already a write off Yorkie lad. This group of spunkless wonders will be mid table finishers at best, even with new management. They don't have anything that makes me think, 'maybe if...' . Do they you?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:51 am

Spiritater wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:No just a gut feeling gents, we will have to wait and see, it’s just he ticks a lot of our boxes

it has to be coming this week, it cannot go on much longer can it?

Of course it can!

If the Board have more faith in JD than the fans do.

I wonder just how concerned (interested) Mr and Mrs Radford are at present.

JR cares, he won’t allow this season to be a write off, proof was the last manager failing then sacked, he will do what needs to be done

The season is already a write off Yorkie lad. This group of spunkless wonders will be mid table finishers at best, even with new management. They don't have anything that makes me think, 'maybe if...' . Do they you?

Sadly I think you are right mate..season over.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 am

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... in-3551876

Many fans still feel that his departure was the catalyst for Notts sliding out of the Football League and he left Meadow Lane with a win ratio of more than 40 per cent.

Imagine not wanting a manager whose got a win ratio of more than 40% in League Two. Only on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:00 am

Dan wrote:https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/ex-notts-county-manager-kevin-3551876

Many fans still feel that his departure was the catalyst for Notts sliding out of the Football League and he left Meadow Lane with a win ratio of more than 40 per cent.

Imagine not wanting a manager whose got a win ratio of more than 40% in League Two. Only on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine wanting to keep a manager with a worse win percentage currently than Carlton Palmer :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/ex-notts-county-manager-kevin-3551876

Imagine wanting to keep a manager with a worse win percentage currently than Carlton Palmer :lol:

Carlton Palmer had 41 games didn't he? Not sure how you can work that out... :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:40 am

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Carlton Palmer had 41 games didn't he? Not sure how you can work that out... :roll:

According to the records page, Palmer left on 31% win ratio. Dempster currently operating on less than 30%. Palmer also won 6 of his first 18 games getting 24 points, Dempster has won 5, attaining 21.

To be honest I said it a bit tongue in cheek originally, and I’m not saying Dempster is worse, but you do enjoy a stat :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:42 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

According to the records page, Palmer left on 31% win ratio. Dempster currently operating on less than 30%. Palmer also won 6 of his first 18 games getting 24 points, Dempster has won 5, attaining 21.

To be honest I said it a bit tongue in cheek originally, and I’m not saying Dempster is worse, but you do enjoy a stat :lol:

*This vehicle is reversing* ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum