{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Realistically who would you bring in?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Realistically who would you bring in?

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 am

I understand there’s a few manager threads but no clear one with any suggestions in. It seems a lot of people want a replacement so I’m interested to know who they would bring in.

Paul Tisdale has said tonight that he is having a rest from football at the moment so that’s him ruled out. Therefore I’m intrigued as to who people would get.

There’s a vocal minority on here who want JD gone so let’s have some names.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: Realistically who would you bring in?

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:07 am

Alan Partridge.

Just so that him and Drewe Broughton can have a face off about who runs the best Alan Partridge parody twitter account.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:00 am

Tisdale saying he is having a rest says a lot to me.
He's waiting maybe for our position to be open in January or sooner.
It does make sense and the cup money could pay dempster and glover off.
I'm sure the money from Peterborough or was it China paid for flitcroft.
It's a business and John and Carolyn know what they are doing money wise.
I get called for not saying dempster should be sacked and I stand by it for the good of the club.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:33 am

Dan wrote:I understand there’s a few manager threads but no clear one with any suggestions in. It seems a lot of people want a replacement so I’m interested to know who they would bring in.

Paul Tisdale has said tonight that he is having a rest from football at the moment so that’s him ruled out. Therefore I’m intrigued as to who people would get.

A vocal minority want him gone? Judging by the polls on here and on Facebook, well over 95% of the fan base wants him gone.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:55 am

Minority dan? Really!!
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:I understand there’s a few manager threads but no clear one with any suggestions in. It seems a lot of people want a replacement so I’m interested to know who they would bring in.

A vocal minority want him gone? Judging by the polls on here and on Facebook, well over 95% of the fan base wants him gone.

You seriously believe that every Stags fan has voted in these ridiculous polls?! Jesus Christ.

Are you going to suggest anyone to bring in seeings as you’re one of them?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby tiptop » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 am

If funds/budget available.....

Paul tisdale

Nathan Jones

If funds/budget low

Ian evatt (barrow)

Nothing against dempster, and he does deserve his chance, unfortunately I feel the majority of the fans have made there mind up, so no matter what happens he is on a hiding NOW....
Personally the board have to take responsibility for the position we are in, constantly bleating about top3 and promotion budget/etc, yet set a rookie on?? Why didn't they make dempster no 2???
I look back at the donohue situation, and feel not replacing him was a massive mistake...
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 am

Anybody? He has exactly the same results as Billy McEwan did. Won 8 drew 6 and lost 12. According to https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/mansfield-town

Billy got that side cobbled together fairly last minute. Dempster got a settled side that finished 4th the previous year.

Darrell Clarke, despite a win% of 29 this season in a free falling Walsall side, still has a win% of 45%. https://www.thesackrace.com/managers/darrell-clarke
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:38 am

Troll post... If you think it's a minority your clueless. Yes a poll on here or Facebook doesn't represent everyone but when it's so one sided it's a very good indicator.

As for managers. See who applies and appoint the best candidate. We're one of 92 very desirable jobs in English football. We'll have lots of interest. Guaranteed.

Sadly even if they did remove JD I have very little faith in the club to then make the right call.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 am

we seem to have forgotten the age old process of advertising the position, sifting & then calling for an interview, we have good quality owners, facilities etc, we are an attractive option in the lower leagues.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 am

yorkshire stag wrote:we seem to have forgotten the age old process of advertising the position, sifting & then calling for an interview, we have good quality owners, facilities etc, we are an attractive option in the lower leagues.

What we dont seem to have is owners here at the club with time to spend interviewing. I think that is partly why JD got the job. The easy option. They knew him and didnt have to go through the process or interviewing anyone.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 am

& look what crackin call that was !!!

it can’t keep dragging on the blokes a dead man walking
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 am

Dan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

You seriously believe that every Stags fan has voted in these ridiculous polls?! Jesus Christ.

Obviously not every Stags fan has voted however the completely unanimous results clearly show that the vast majority of Stags fans want him gone. Is it just a coincidence that there were 450 votes wanting him sacked and about 10 votes wanting him to stay on the first Facebook poll?

I also don’t see why they’re ‘ridiculous polls’. It’s surveying whether the fans of our football team believe in the manager or not. I think everyone would argue that’s it’s an important matter.

Regarding candidates, off the top of my head I’d suggest the likes of Tisdale, Nathan Jones, Neil Harris would be worth looking into, Paul Heckingbottom, Ian Holloway, Nigel Adkins and John McDermott.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:01 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Obviously not every Stags fan has voted however the completely unanimous results clearly show that the vast majority of Stags fans want him gone. Is it just a coincidence that there were 450 votes wanting him sacked and about 10 votes wanting him to stay on the first Facebook poll?

I also don’t see why they’re ‘ridiculous polls’. It’s surveying whether the fans of our football team believe in the manager or not. I think everyone would argue that’s it’s an important matter.

Regarding candidates, off the top of my head I’d suggest the likes of Tisdale, Nathan Jones, Neil Harris would be worth looking into, Paul Heckingbottom, Ian Holloway, Nigel Adkins and John McDermott.

More to the point, if you were one of the 2,000 that turned up last week, how many of you heard a single positive comment from a fellow Stags fan as you were leaving the ground.

We had just won a cup tie, the buzz should have been about who we get in the next round. All I heard was a kind of angry incredulity over the garbage they had just witnessed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 am

I've told you who've got lined up..... The board hasn't got a majority vote to sack JD until that happens NJ sits waiting for the call......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:36 am

Dan, if you think it’s just a ‘vocal minority’ that want a change of manager than you’re seriously misguided. I had to laugh at one point when looking on Facebook when I saw a poll for Dempster in or out, and out of 70 votes at that moment, you were the only one that voted to give him more time... the reason I laughed is because you have seen around 2 games this season (that I think we lost). You simply haven’t seen first hand how uninspiring the vast majority of the season has been - even in victory large sections of the support have left questioning what direction the management are taking us in (Chorley and Scunthorpe being prime examples).

There’s plenty of managers out there that would jump at the chance to come here with our owners ambitions, budget, squad, and training facilities that will pretty much be the envy of League 2. Or who is to say we won’t cherry pick a manager from another club again like we did with Flitcroft? You can say that will cost a fortune, but nobody knows what our intentions would be or who JR might have his eye on. Truth is, it can be the case that you don’t really know who would be in the frame until there is a vacancy. Some good names above have been mentioned (Jones, Tisdale) that are worth a conversation, will they come? Who knows, but you sell managers a project to buy in to to get who you want, just like we did with Evans and Flitcroft.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 am

Dan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Makes no sense

Its like youre suggesting people who didnt vote want go keep him
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Makes no sense

It’s just silly. This device only appeals to those who want him gone.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Makes no sense

It’s just silly. This device only appeals to those who want him gone.

How does it? Anyone that wants Dempster to stay can just vote for that option. You’re just making excuses because you know that most of the fanbase wants him gone and that doesn’t sit well with you.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 am

In answer to the original post, I’d advertise the job, shortlist, interview and chose who I thought was the best person for the job.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 am

Boltons assistant manager.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 am

This is like Brexit all over again. Dan and Edders are the typical remoaners.

The point of the poll on here is that a few weeks ago it would have been much closer. Even those calling for more time or not really sure have turned.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 am

Jamie wrote:This is like Brexit all over again. Dan and Edders are the typical remoaners.

The point of the poll on here is that a few weeks ago it would have been much closer. Even those calling for more time or not really sure have turned.

Don’t try to categorise me, Jamie. You’re really not up to it.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 am

wink68 wrote:Boltons assistant manager.

Good Call
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:40 am

Derek Adams would have been fine, we've missed out on him due to dallying. Jones would be the dream, but I highly doubt he will come here. I would take Clarke or Heckingbottom.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum