{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster post match & Sky Sports highlights

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:26 am

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
robbingdog wrote:Did I really hear him say that Macclesfield are doing well in the league????

So I presume based on that comment that he thinks we are as well

God help us if 14th place is doing well

If he thinks there doing well, then god help us next week when we travel to league leaders Swindon. There’s only 1 tactic JD will employ for this match, and that is to have 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

Well that's a positive in itself.....weve reduced 11 to 10....progress in its purest form.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:36 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
robbingdog wrote:Did I really hear him say that Macclesfield are doing well in the league????

So I presume based on that comment that he thinks we are as well

God help us if 14th place is doing well

If he thinks there doing well, then god help us next week when we travel to league leaders Swindon. There’s only 1 tactic JD will employ for this match, and that is to have 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

Well that's a positive in itself.....weve reduced 11 to 10....progress in its purest form.

Chris - Hitchy was allowing for a sending off. We’ve not had one for several weeks!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 am

gazza1988 wrote:Macclesfield are having a good season, for them. Their off field issues carried on from last season. Bury overpaid players, they went for promotion or bust but went so far that it became bust regardless. Macclesfield just can't pay players.

We are are having a poor season.

Paul Cox was sacked after 20 points from first 17 games that season (exactly what Dempster managed this season)
Adam Murray was sacked after 19 points from his first 16 games that season. (Dempster has got 20 points after 16 so marginally better)

Don't forget Steve Evans came in after Murray was sacked and he only managed 12th

Murray had a much poorer squad than Dempster has though. JD is a massive failure.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am

gazza1988 wrote:Macclesfield are having a good season, for them. Their off field issues carried on from last season. Bury overpaid players, they went for promotion or bust but went so far that it became bust regardless. Macclesfield just can't pay players.

Paul Cox was sacked after 20 points from first 17 games that season (exactly what Dempster managed this season)
Adam Murray was sacked after 19 points from his first 16 games that season. (Dempster has got 20 points after 16 so marginally better)

Don't forget Steve Evans came in after Murray was sacked and he only managed 12th

I know this is a fact you like to push Gazza, and I'm no Evans fan, but he managed 44pts from 29 games. Across a whole season that would've been 70pts, enough to sneak us in to 7th possibly depending on goal difference.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 am

Refuse to listen to the man . Sponsored by night nurse .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I know this is a fact you like to push Gazza, and I'm no Evans fan, but he managed 44pts from 29 games. Across a whole season that would've been 70pts, enough to sneak us in to 7th possibly depending on goal difference.

It is, but only in relation to people claiming Flitcroft failed with Evans squad.

In this instance though it was to show that even experienced managers come in after such a start and despite the good form, as you have shown, still managed 12th on bare minimum play off form over a whole season. We need to pretty much get 2 points per game for the rest of the season to get anywhere near the play offs.

Season over if JD is here.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:14 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It is, but only in relation to people claiming Flitcroft failed with Evans squad.

In this instance though it was to show that even experienced managers come in after such a start and despite the good form, as you have shown, still managed 12th on bare minimum play off form over a whole season. We need to pretty much get 2 points per game for the rest of the season to get anywhere near the play offs.

Season over if JD is here.

We can all (95%) agree on that.

Should have been gone weeks ago to give us a better chance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Doesn't Stevenson ever ask any difficult questions?

What's your mindset behind your team selection?

Would you agree it was defensive and not one geared to take the home to them.

You said our forward play was good but that doesn't stack up in chances and corners stats

We hung non for the last ten minutes for a draw. How do you feel that would have been received hanging know for a win if we were so ready ahead?

They're just off the top of my head FGS.

He works for the club Chris, what do you expect?

According to Martin on FB, he’s working for 103.2 when he’s at the game.

His interviews are an utter joke. He’s like the bloke off The Day Today

Stevo.. you lost the news !

Absolute joke of a reporter
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Jamie wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
Maldon Stag wrote:A 400 mile round trip for that debacle yesterday, painful to watch wasn't the word.

Fair play to you and the rest that went. The support on a open terrace given the weather we’ve had and with Christmas on the horizon deserved better.

Did the travelling faithful even get a mention in his post match? I can't recall hearing one...

Edit. They didnt...

Unlikely, given both Preston and Benning were head shaking at the fans and Dempster trotted off pretty quickly after seeing the response he was getting.

in the pitchside post match footage, someone is shouting loudly "you're f**king w**k Dempster, now f**k off". Dempster continues to applaud as he walks off.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Exactly what I meant. Very few applauded him. Most of the applause started once the players came over.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Doesn't Stevenson ever ask any difficult questions?

What's your mindset behind your team selection?

Would you agree it was defensive and not one geared to take the home to them.

You said our forward play was good but that doesn't stack up in chances and corners stats

We hung non for the last ten minutes for a draw. How do you feel that would have been received hanging know for a win if we were so ready ahead?

They're just off the top of my head FGS.

He works for the club Chris, what do you expect?

According to Martin on FB, he’s working for 103.2 when he’s at the game.

His interviews are an utter joke. He’s like the bloke off The Day Today

Stevo.. you lost the news !

Absolute joke of a reporter

Don't listen to em anymore . Stevo doesn't so much let Dempster off the hook, but doesn't cast his rod in the first place . Can't Charlie Slater come back and at least ask something a bit more direct and probing .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 pm

I rate Stevo on the radio, his commentating is good, his humour is good and his interviews are as to the point as his Mon-Fri job allows him to be.

Get off his back.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 pm

oldweststander wrote:I rate Stevo on the radio, his commentating is good, his humour is good and his interviews are as to the point as his Mon-Fri job allows him to be.

Get off his back.

I agree , why are people so critical of everyone . It’s so depressing coming on stagsnet to just read vile abusive opinions aimed at almost everyone involved with the club.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm

CassellsCap wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I rate Stevo on the radio, his commentating is good, his humour is good and his interviews are as to the point as his Mon-Fri job allows him to be.

Get off his back.

I agree , why are people so critical of everyone . It’s so depressing coming on stagsnet to just read vile abusive opinions aimed at almost everyone involved with the club.

It's not about abusive comments or being on his back as you both put it.

It's about expressing criticism through disappointment that someone who has access to the clubs hierarchy on our behalf does not ask the searching questions that in our elation, disappointment or mind numbing tedium we are all aching to know. Instead either through mutual arrangements or his own style he has repeatedly let JD off from answering the issues that for the majority of the supporters now form the rationale for our disenchantment with the managerial team.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:

Get off his back.

It's about expressing criticism through disappointment that someone who has access to the clubs hierarchy on our behalf does not ask the searching questions that in our elation, disappointment or mind numbing tedium we are all aching to know. Instead either through mutual arrangements or his own style he has repeatedly let JD off from answering the issues that for the majority of the supporters now form the rationale for our disenchantment with the managerial team.

Didn't you ring in the other week on the radio when you could've asked him some questions? You had your chance there!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:

Get off his back.

Whether the Head of Media & Communications is asking the right questions, or not, is the least of our worries. And lets face it, the majority of Managers' live interviews from the Premiership down are naff, full of cliches and nothing more than TV or Radio time-fillers. So for me, it does read like just another whinge when there's far more important issues to address.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Is it time to slag off the scoreboard situation? :D :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm