{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DEMPSTER OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DEMPSTER OUT

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:We can only dream that this Monday morning might bring us the news the majority of us want to hear that our season isn't just a write off.....but then there's been 4 or 5 Monday disappointments before so won't hold my breath.

I fully expect some form of news either way. Ie we're proper backing him or letting him go. Its been very quiet over the weekend from the heirachy. No social media posts or anything. I imagine there will be a board meeting at 9 am especially now there have been to removal polls

I think they will give him another fortnight. If we lose way at Swindon and then get knocked out the FA Cup he’ll be gone.

I personally think the longer he stays the longer we are just delaying the inevitable though, fan pressure is too high and managers don’t come back from this stage usually.

I know you and I are pretty much aligned BH_STAG but this drives me crazy that week after week and debacle after disappointment there always seems to be another chance mate. I know you're only being realistic but after all the negativity surrounding every stage of his managerial appointment....the cr*p about corners being turned and performance improvements (tell that to the rain sodden fans at Macclesfield). ...that you're now rationally suggesting he's got ANOTHER two games.

Aaaaaaarrrggghhhh he has to go today and give us hope of some sort for the rest of the season.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:36 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:We can only dream that this Monday morning might bring us the news the majority of us want to hear that our season isn't just a write off.....but then there's been 4 or 5 Monday disappointments before so won't hold my breath.

I fully expect some form of news either way. Ie we're proper backing him or letting him go. Its been very quiet over the weekend from the heirachy. No social media posts or anything. I imagine there will be a board meeting at 9 am especially now there have been to removal polls

I think they will give him another fortnight. If we lose way at Swindon and then get knocked out the FA Cup he’ll be gone.

I personally think the longer he stays the longer we are just delaying the inevitable though, fan pressure is too high and managers don’t come back from this stage usually.

I know you and I are pretty much aligned BH_STAG but this drives me crazy that week after week and debacle after disappointment there always seems to be another chance mate. I know you're only being realistic but after all the negativity surrounding every stage of his managerial appointment....the cr*p about corners being turned and performance improvements (tell that to the rain sodden fans at Macclesfield). ...that you're now rationally suggesting he's got ANOTHER two games.

Aaaaaaarrrggghhhh he has to go today and give us hope of some sort for the rest of the season.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he should be gone today as well. That was more what I think the board will be thinking, but ultimately we are just wasting away the season with Dempster and the quicker this gets to board level the better.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:37 am

the time is NOW
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:48 am

Well the club website have just announced that "Sandy's" is doing Golden Years lunches so they clearly have their fingers on the pulse of the fans thoughts pmsl !!!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:52 am

Not sure if the Radfords are still in the uk, i know CR was at some event in London at the weekend, not sure about the boss man
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm

The silence from the Board is deafening.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Longer this goes on more money they will lose, as gates will soon drop. At another club he would have gotten the sack.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Maybe there is a master plan, to play mediocre rubbish up until Christmas then go on an winning run from there to the end of the season, using our best players who have only played part of the season :D
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Barnsley look like they are going to appoint a German coach either today or tomorrow. That would probably mean Adam Murray being shown the door and looking for employment.

How would people feel about him coming here and having another try?

I think with the better players and his extra experience he may be worth another shot. I've watched a bit of Barnsley on the goggle box and they certainly seem to be fighting and entertaining. No evidence of being ultra defensive which was his downfall here.

It may not work but we aren't going anywhere this season and a short term contract (end of season) would be better than being unemployed I'm sure. Maybe this is why there's no announcement (at least I hope so as its better than doing nothing)
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Barnsley look like they are going to appoint a German coach either today or tomorrow. That would probably mean Adam Murray being shown the door and looking for employment.

I think with the better players and his extra experience he may be worth another shot. I've watched a bit of Barnsley on the goggle box and they certainly seem to be fighting and entertaining. No evidence of being ultra defensive which was his downfall here.

It may not work but we aren't going anywhere this season and a short term contract (end of season) would be better than being unemployed I'm sure. Maybe this is why there's no announcement (at least I hope so as its better than doing nothing)

Given the choice between Murray and Dempster, I’d opt for the former.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Muzza will be going back to the academy when they appoint a new manager.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Barnsley look like they are going to appoint a German coach either today or tomorrow. That would probably mean Adam Murray being shown the door and looking for employment.

Murray is the same as Dempster. Tactically too timid & negative and lacks the required confident leadership qualities - as bourne by their results ... No thank you.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Dan wrote:Muzza will be going back to the academy when they appoint a new manager.

Now there's an interesting idea
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Vice President wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Murray is the same as Dempster. Tactically too timid & negative and lacks the required confident leadership qualities - as bourne by their results ... No thank you.

With the finances and players available to him Murray did a lot better job than what dempster is doing now, by a mile. Murray’s team finished about where the budget allowed, this team should be top 3.

However, as I’ve said many times the woeful defensive football - especially at home - is very similar
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Dempster is like a Murray mk2, the only difference is the fans had a real respect for Muzza following his spell in the early 00's and also his time as a player and captain more recently, he lifted the league title for one... I don't think fans have the same connection with JD, despite his playing days and being YT manager.

Both are too defensive. I don't like defensive football at the best of times, but if its getting results - like with hoofball - you go with it and enjoy the points racking up. Under Muz and JD its the worst of both worlds. Nothing to get excited about watching the team play, and not enough points going up on the board.

I always thought Muz blew a great opportunity with us by being too negative, although he had to ensure we stayed up with far fewer resources. JD is going through his play book page by page. Sadly, it will end the same way in the end and if anything is worse now as the budget / quality in the squad is much better now than under Muz.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Jamie wrote:Dempster is like a Murray mk2, the only difference is the fans had a real respect for Muzza following his spell in the early 00's and also his time as a player and captain more recently, he lifted the league title for one... I don't think fans have the same connection with JD, despite his playing days and being YT manager.

Both are too defensive. I don't like defensive football at the best of times, but if its getting results - like with hoofball - you go with it and enjoy the points racking up. Under Muz and JD its the worst of both worlds. Nothing to get excited about watching the team play, and not enough points going up on the board.

I always thought Muz blew a great opportunity with us by being too negative, although he had to ensure we stayed up with far fewer resources. JD is going through his play book page by page. Sadly, it will end the same way in the end and if anything is worse now as the budget / quality in the squad is much better now than under Muz.

Anyone who has watched the recent Barnsley games on the tv couldn't accuse the team of being negative or unentertaining. They had a real go and looked a force when attacking making interesting games to watch.

I agree he ended up being defensive here but think that was down to the squad he had available. I always thought he should have been given the money that Arbuckle squandered and we would have pushed on. He wasn't and we didn't so no good crying over spilt milk.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:00 pm

I don’t Murray ever recovered from basically playing a 7-1-1 formation at home to Barnet to keep Akinde out of the game.

Then losing 1-0 with akinde scoring
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Jamie wrote:Dempster is like a Murray mk2, the only difference is the fans had a real respect for Muzza following his spell in the early 00's and also his time as a player and captain more recently, he lifted the league title for one... I don't think fans have the same connection with JD, despite his playing days and being YT manager.

Anyone who has watched the recent Barnsley games on the tv couldn't accuse the team of being negative or unentertaining. They had a real go and looked a force when attacking making interesting games to watch.

I agree he ended up being defensive here but think that was down to the squad he had available. I always thought he should have been given the money that Arbuckle squandered and we would have pushed on. He wasn't and we didn't so no good crying over spilt milk.

Got to go for it if you want the job permanently. Started positive hear, but lost a couple of games being picked off on the break and went more and more defencive.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:11 pm

adamstag wrote:I don’t Murray ever recovered from basically playing a 7-1-1 formation at home to Barnet to keep Akinde out of the game.

Didn't it all change after the Bristol rovers game where we were 2-0 up and lost 3-2 at home?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:53 pm

I like Adam but he should not be in the running for the job.
Last edited by london amber stag on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
adamstag wrote:I don’t Murray ever recovered from basically playing a 7-1-1 formation at home to Barnet to keep Akinde out of the game.

Didn't it all change after the Bristol rovers game where we were 2-0 up and lost 3-2 at home?

We lost the Bristol Rovers game 1-2, one down before we drew level by scoring late on and then blew it by conceding late on.

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=759
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:59 am

Murray & Dempster both had reputations at the club, both really good players and liked by the fans

I think this is where the negative defensive set up came from, they’re both desperate not to lose and damage their rep.

Murray has Barnsley playing some good attacking stuff, like others have said he’s auditioning for the job currently, he also doesn’t have a past to protect
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am

Here is a marker of how bad it is at the moment that people are considering Adam Murray back
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:17 am

Dp1976 wrote:Here is a marker of how bad it is at the moment that people are considering Adam Murray back

Agreed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:26 am

Muzz should stay away. Only needs to lose once and folk'll start raking up his past tenure. There'd be no way back for him after that, he'd be a dead man walking.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum