{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Youth Cup tonight (Wed 7pm)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Youth Cup tonight (Wed 7pm)

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:14 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Whitlow IN? He’s meeting recent criteria :lol:

Edit: not really

I thought Cooper took Dempster's job?

He has.

Dempster was never the U18s coach that was mark peters.

Dempster was head of all the youth structure so more like an hands in director of football for the youth academy.

Admittedly he did do a lot of coaching in his years in this role.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Very impressive well done lads
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Loved the game, well done lads.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Really disappointed that when leading 2-1 and playing against 10 lads, we just shut off and tried to game manage the game, time waste and tried to run the clock down.

We should have gone for the kill and got the third.

Their goal came from us having the ball on half way line and instead of playing the ball forward they had instructions from the bench to play it backwards, it got played back and eventually it got back to the centre half who tried to play the ball back to the keeper but he messed up and let in the forward to score.

Best player on pitch was no.7 Rio Molineux who scored a wonderful goal to make it 4-2 at the death.

We just should have been playing like we did for the last ten minutes of extra time when we were 2-1 up.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 pm

part time pete wrote:Really disappointed that when leading 2-1 and playing against 10 lads, we just shut off and tried to game manage the game, time waste and tried to run the clock down.

We should have gone for the kill and got the third.

Their goal came from us having the ball on half way line and instead of playing the ball forward they had instructions from the bench to play it backwards, it got played back and eventually it got back to the centre half who tried to play the ball back to the keeper but he messed up and let in the forward to score.

Best player on pitch was no.7 Rio Molineux who scored a wonderful goal to make it 4-2 at the death.

We just should have been playing like we did for the last ten minutes of extra time when we were 2-1 up.

We said the same, they were there for the taking when they went down to 10 and we went 2-1 up.

Could have easily have gone to penalties that and potentially a different result
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 pm

I've seen both YT games in FA Youth cup and both were light years ahead of the tripe served up Sat
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:55 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Was it recorded? I assume so. I'm sure we had highlights of the last round.

Yes
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

He has.

Dempster was head of all the youth structure so more like an hands in director of football for the youth academy.

Dempster was very much doing the role of the U18 manager last season. This was very obvious for example in the FA Youth cup tie against Bournemouth.

Whitlow is now the U18 manager. He was supported on touchline today by Simon Ward and Jamie McGuire.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:05 am

Spiritater wrote:I've seen both YT games in FA Youth cup and both were light years ahead of the tripe served up Sat

Thats you on yorkstag list now mate :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:44 am

Spiritater wrote:I've seen both YT games in FA Youth cup and both were light years ahead of the tripe served up Sat

The first team should have been made to watch tonight just for how to put a cross in the box!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 am

The One wrote:

I'm saying as a game it was ful of everything saturday's wasn't. Ability, spunk, desire, twist and turns, tears and utter jubilation. I know it's only youth against youth but if the 2000 who watched sat's game had watched that on sat instead they'd have stood and applauded.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 am

Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

I'm saying as a game it was ful of everything saturday's wasn't. Ability, spunk, desire, twist and turns, tears and utter jubilation. I know it's only youth against youth but if the 2000 who watched sat's game had watched that on sat instead they'd have stood and applauded.

And that's all we want from the First Team 'tater. Good points well made. You go to a match wanting to know the players care as much as you do...that they want to win....that they show the skill and tactics they've apparently worked on in training....and as you say at had end win or lose you want to applaud and cheer those who have the privilege of wearing the shirt that none of us ever had. By all accounts those lads did that last night. Well done to all involved .
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 am

Logans fault
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:12 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

He has.

Dempster was very much doing the role of the U18 manager last season. This was very obvious for example in the FA Youth cup tie against Bournemouth.

Whitlow is now the U18 manager. He was supported on touchline today by Simon Ward and Jamie McGuire.

So he did it last season while Mark Peters did it for the three years we won the youth title.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:13 am

Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:

Keep digging Spiro
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 pm

welcome aboard the naughty list Spiro lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:14 pm

I say it as I see it Yorkie, but I also don't boo a performance either. I just get up and walk out.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:38 pm

The One wrote:

You misunderstand - for me hoping the team lose so you can sack the managers and suggesting people stay away crosses a line. I’m not happy but sometimes you have to support rather than constantly whine. There are some on here who only post when things are not going well ( and for the first team they aren’t but will) and seem to take pleasure in failure.

To hope the team loses - well you judge
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 pm

yorkstag wrote:
The One wrote:

You misunderstand - for me hoping the team lose so you can sack the managers and suggesting people stay away crosses a line. I’m not happy but sometimes you have to support rather than constantly whine. There are some on here who only post when things are not going well ( and for the first team they aren’t but will) and seem to take pleasure in failure.

No where on here have I and most others hoped the team would lose !!!!! But do not let facts cloud your vision.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 pm

The One wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
The One wrote:

No where on here have I and most others hoped the team would lose !!!!! But do not let facts cloud your vision.

:lol: :lol: selective eyesight has owd puddin
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum