{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Burton Scorethread sponsored by What no Brewery

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Burton Scorethread sponsored by What no Brewery

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Good win. My MOM was Bobby Olejnik followed by young Alistair Smith.

We need to get Jacob Mellis and CJ Hamilton back in our first team.

We did not look as good after Danny Rose and Jacob Mellis went off.

A nice £10,000 for JR with a possible £20,000 for a win in the next round.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:52 pm

who finished top?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Mellis is the most gifted footballer we have .Him and Maynard should always be on the pitch.

Mellis and Shaughnessy in midfield with Rose and Maynard up top on Saturday I hope!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm

CJ had his 1 in 10 performance then
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 pm

A good bit of play in the corner at the end by Dappy Afolayan to help run down the clock.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Spiritater wrote:who finished top?

Everton U12’s
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Mellis is the most gifted footballer we have .Him and Maynard should always be on the pitch.

Mellis and Shaughnessy in midfield with Rose and Maynard up top on Saturday I hope!

Cook instead of Rose, especially if Macc are set to play some younger players.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:59 pm

yorkstag wrote:I know it’s only the EFL trophy but let’s spare a thought tonight for The One, Yorkshire stag, Arsene Wengers Coat, Chris uk Nottm , Old Ram Stag and others I can’t be bothered to mention.

Must all be devastated that we won

Stupid statement, we support the team not the manager. Remind me where are we in the league?

And you cannot be bothered because names would fill a page.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:59 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yep. Mellis and Shaughnessy are clearly our most talented centre midfielders, and the two of them need to start together, something that I’m pretty sure the two of them haven’t done yet.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Good result lads, you can’t ask any more from the new starters.

A positive, new headache for the gaffer. :thumbup:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Good point. Cook should be way too much to handle for them physically if they’re going to be starting youth team centre backs.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Good point. Cook should be way too much to handle for them physically if they’re going to be starting youth team centre backs.

I see your point, but someone in the other Macc thread said the seniors were insured now and back in training? Could be wrong though. I'd like to go for our two highest goalscorers but cook will bully young lads and is likely to score if they play a YT
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:CJ had his 1 in 10 performance then

CJ Hamilton has got 3 assists and been involved in the build up for another 2 goals from limited game time this season.

If we play a back four then play CJ Hamilton on the left and Otis Khan on the right with Bishop/MacDonald/Tomlinson/Smith (pick one) and Shaughnessy in the middle.

It's more difficult if you play a back three as you then have to play CJ Hamilton at left/right wing back or up front.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I see your point, but someone in the other Macc thread said the seniors were insured now and back in training? Could be wrong though. I'd like to go for our two highest goalscorers but cook will bully young lads and is likely to score if they play a YT

Macc have insurance now.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:CJ had his 1 in 10 performance then

Probably because we had a central midfield that passed and kept the ball and put CJ in good attacking positions.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 pm

CJ Hamilton and Jacob Mellis link up well.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm

So they'll field a full strength team? Or are they downing tools because they haven't been paid on time again?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 pm

yorkstag wrote:I know it’s only the EFL trophy but let’s spare a thought tonight for The One, Yorkshire stag, Arsene Wengers Coat, Chris uk Nottm , Old Ram Stag and others I can’t be bothered to mention.

just when i think you can’t be more of one, you go and prove me wrong Puddin, you really still don’t get it do you :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Good win. My MOM was Bobby Olejnik followed by young Alistair Smith.

We need to get Jacob Mellis and CJ Hamilton back in our first team.

We did not look as good after Danny Rose and Jacob Mellis went off.

A nice £10,000 for JR with a possible £20,000 for a win in the next round.

Have to agree with that. Although I'd say Smith was man of the match. Some might say olejnik made too many "logan errors" like not catching every ball and not collecting every coss, also played us into potential trouble with a few passes out the back. Joking aside it was an excellent game for olejnik who did nothing wrong in my opinion. I'd say Smith shades it because he played well all game and is a creative central midfielder and we attacked well from the 10th minute and perhaps saying we won and the keeper is man of the match isn't unfair on the side (I've re typed that last bit many times, hopefully you get what I mean)

For Saturday I'd keep the same shape, logan in goal (he doesn't deserve to be dropped and olejnik is now a challenge for him), keep the same back 3, Gordon at right wing back, CJ left wing back. Midfield 3 of Smith Mellis and Tomlinson, Rose and Maynard up front. Some will say that's unfair on OSJ but whilst he put some good set pieces in he's meant to be a striker (although did drop back as the game went on) and Maynard is the better striker.

That's just me though. I'm certain that someone will suggest tomlinson shouldn't start though, if Shaughnessy is to play in midfield then Benning at centre back? Or do we go old skool and switch back to 4-4-2?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:who finished top?

Everton U12’s

Flipping Eck, these academy sides are getting younger :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 pm

Just on the way back. Really impressed with the lads tonight. Apparently Burton only made 4 changes from Saturdays team so that really puts the result into context.

Sweeney was a rock at the back, Bobby pulled off 3 world class saves, young Clarkey did well & the rest of the boys were excellent too. Danny Rose had got some ice on his leg so hopefully that’s just precautionary. A good substitution by the manager who apparently doesn’t know what he’s doing :roll:

A really enjoyable night & just shows what happens when the fans get behind the team. I bet some on here & Facebook are gutted tonight...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:19 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

just when i think you can’t be more of one, you go and prove me wrong Puddin, you really still don’t get it do you :roll:

Be careful mate he has the list. Sad man.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 pm

The One wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Be care mate he has the list. Sad man.

Clearly you're top of the list, looks like Norman has been unseated off the top of the table :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm

I gave Bobby MOM because I thought we could have easily lost that game if it was not for his saves. I wouldn't be surprised if JD starts with him at Macc even though Conrad has been playing well.

Lots of tough decisions for JD to make for Saturday for a game that many fans will be expecting us to win. It would be nice to win a 4th away game. We only won 6 last season. It's the home form that's killing us and JD.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
The One wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Be care mate he has the list. Sad man.

Clearly you're top of the list, looks like Norman has been unseated off the top of the table :lol:

Norman had more brains
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum