{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mystic Meg

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:


Beano wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:



:lol: :lol:


David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Now who's laughing :lol: :D
Last edited by Dan on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D


Dempster is a bad manager, Dan.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:13 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D


Dempster is a bad manager, Dan.


In your opinion. The facts differ.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D

Ok Dan. But before I do, based on that, can we expect JD to go one better and finish 3rd :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6369
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D


Dempster is a bad manager, Dan.


In your opinion. The facts differ.


If you had seen most of the performances first hand, your opinion would differ.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D

Ok Dan. But before I do, based on that, can we expect JD to go one better and finish 3rd :D


Let's wait and see mate :D
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think he meant Flitcroft's first 17 games, rather than his last surely? Or else his point makes no sense.

EDIT : Just checked, no he definitely meant it as he wrote it. Still not sure of the point!


Ok then let's go with Flitcrofts first 17 games then shall we?

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Therefore the facts are that John Dempster has a better points return as manager than what Flitcroft did in their first 17 games & we were in a better position in the league table when Flitcroft came in too. So some of you need to wind your neck in ;) :D


Dempster is a bad manager, Dan.


In your opinion. The facts differ.


If you had seen most of the performances first hand, your opinion would differ.


Performances don't matter, it's a results based business. I watched Notts County play some lovely stuff on their way to the Conference last season. Is that what you want?
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


He’s won the One Point More Than David Flitcroft After 17 League Games In The Job Cup actually sooooooo roll on title being wrapped up by February, BELIEVE
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm

If you want to get technical Dempster had a transfer window to bring in players, Flitcroft didn't. So Flitcroft's first 17 games after the opening of the transfer window is 28 points. ;) :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


If you had actually witnessed a performance at any point this season, then I promise you, you wouldn’t think it’s ridiculous.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


The first 12 games of Flitcrofts reign were a disaster. He got the benefit of doubt a bit because he already has experience in getting a team promoted from this league.

In Flitcrofts first full season there were a lot of draws early doors but you could see what he was trying to do, there was a style of play that he was trying to implement, with Dempster there has been next to nothing. That coupled with poor game management and his inability to get anywhere near the best out of most of the squad is why 80% of the fan base have the opinion they do. We’re 20 games in and haven’t beat a single decent side and haven’t looked like doing so once.. we only beat the rammel.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


The facts are JD hasn't got a clue.
He's tried every formation culminating in the current 4-2-2-2, which is absolute dog shiite.
No pressing, No Dan watching, no pace, no footballers, no ambition, no motivation, no tactics, no balance, no midfield General, no width, no clucking play off drive
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6472
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.

His remit was PROMOTION!! He was a failure
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20882
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:


Beano wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:



:lol: :lol:


David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Now who's laughing :lol: :D


I wasn't sticking up for Flitcroft at any point, but your point made no sense. You chose both the beginning of Flitcroft's reign, where he blew promotion/play-offs and it was 50/50 whether he kept his job, or the end of his reign where he also blew promotion/play-offs and again it was 50/50 whether to stick or twist. Neither spells were good enough, yet you seem to be indicating that because Dempster is producing equally unacceptable form then he is in the same bracket as Flitcroft. Madness.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6302
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.


He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


If you had actually witnessed a performance at any point this season, then I promise you, you wouldn’t think it’s ridiculous.


I saw the Leyton Orient game in which we were superb in the first half & were actually joint top of the league at that point. Second half we capitulated I agree. I also went to the Cambridge game which again I thought we played ok in & had Preston not got sent off & Cook made it 1-1 I think we would've won the game. Fine margins.
Last edited by Dan on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.


He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.


So just to recap, that’s your basis for John Dempster being a good manager?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby robbingdog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Think dans been on the pop
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Dan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


If you had actually witnessed a performance at any point this season, then I promise you, you wouldn’t think it’s ridiculous.


I saw the Leyton Orient game in which we were superb in the first half & were actually joint top of the league at that point. Second half we capitulated I agree. I also went to the Cambridge game which again I thought we played ok in & had Preston not got sent off & Cook made it 1-1 I think we would've won the game.


So you’ve actually seen us play and still think Dempster is a good manager?

Oh.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.


He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.


So just to recap, that’s your basis for John Dempster being a good manager?


Please show me where I've said those words. I'm comparing records between our best ever manager ( :lol: ) and worst ever manager, according to some on here. The facts show that they are very similar & not a million miles apart which some on here would have you believe.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7545
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm

WVStag wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.


I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.


Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.


He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.


So just to recap, that’s your basis for John Dempster being a good manager?


:lol: :lol: stick to photography at Meadow Lane, you ain't got a scooby either
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6472
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MTFCMAD, northern stag, Sandy Pate Best Stag, snipe, stagmanrob, Tippy Tappy Football, x-type and 20 guests