{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mystic Meg

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:25 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Please can we not lose sight of the fact that (a) we may still be paying DF in some form (assuming he was on a one or two year contract) (b) we would have to continue paying JD (even if he went back to Youth Team which of course he could refuse and I assume he is on higher wages) and (c) we would have to pay the new guy too.
I don’t think JD’s the right guy, and it’s all right for us to say we want a new manager, but perhaps JR is thinking he might want to run down the rest of DF’s payments (assuming we are still paying him, I don’t know) and see out at least some of the balance of JD’s contract, rather than paying all 3 of them at once.
We pay our money (much less than JR I suspect) and we make our choice and he might be thinking the same thing too.

Just think of the financial wisdom of JR NOT sacking DF !

I’m not disputing that. But he has to decide based on the position he’s now in, not what he wishes he had done (or not done) before. He and Carolyn now have to make a decision based on the current position.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm

current position v future gate loss

ummm not rocket science really is it ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Of course NLS, we either paid him one lump sum for the rest of his contract(or agree to pay his full wage each month, or we came to an agreement for a reduced monthly payment or we could have agreed with him to rip up the contract and pay nowt. All potential outcomes, some less likely than the other, but both parties have to agree to anything less than full pay

It is possible that we could have a "get out" clause for not getting promoted, meaning we could remove him and rip up if he doesn't perform to certain contractual obligations (ie promotion by end of 18/19) which means we wouldn't be paying Flitcroft. I'm not privy to any information so can't say either way. I doubt any manager would agree to such a clause on such short notice (don't forget Flitcroft was employed when we approached so wasn't desperate, we were desperate)

I think they've left it far too late to do anything this season. By the time a new manager gets to grips with whatever has gone wrong it'll be too late. I can see Demps being here until February.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:51 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:current position v future gate loss

ummm not rocket science really is it ?

For the rest of the season, might be 250k (at most?), might be nothing (new bloke could come in and be even worse and attendances still drop). Still doesn’t make it an easy financial decision.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 pm

oldweststander wrote:Not so sure the Radfords are that bothered to be honest.

I don’t think Mansfield council give two hoots about Mansfield folk just lining there own pocket and playing at Billy Big Ballhocks.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Number63 wrote:Do you ever think something is going to happen, don't tell anyone about it and then it does.

Well I thought I break that habit ( after all we are amongst friends)

This is only based a feeling....I have no inside information- you might argue no clue either- but I wouldn't be on my own there.

The radford's at the moment are sounding out a new manager.

The existing incumbent will leave in December leaving a few weeks for the new manager to take a view of the players and use the transfer window to make improvements.

Please don't boo me ....

:coys:

looks like i was right :)
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:55 pm

:clap:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die