{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 am

Seems there is now an undercurrent of them and us.

Only the Radfords can sort this out now because under this management structure its now seemingly siege mentality and is that what the owners want the club to become.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Seems there is now an undercurrent of them and us.

Only the Radfords can sort this out now because under this management structure its now seemingly siege mentality and is that what the owners want the club to become.

There’s been an undercurrent of “them and us” since the Scottish manager and his sidekick arrived.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 am

Over-reaction Alert :shock:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:51 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Over-reaction Alert :shock:

Not really ;)

Evans came with his billy big balls attitude, thinking he was too good for the club

Flitcroft failed (twice) to motivate the (overpriced average squad) and the undercurrent of was pretty obvious with players gettting the lip over any criticism.

Dempster was always onto a loser, fans had already realised the squad was talented but gutless and his only chance was to get them to go out guns blazing. He’s failed to do that, so it’s the fans fault (again)

Broughton’s job appears to be to tell the players that they are brilliant and everyone else is a bit of a muppet.

Dempster's only chance now, is to gamble on an on field strategy of “go for the win”, this will get the fans onside, possibly work on the field, possibly save his managerial career. Carrying on with his current style will cause further divisions and will lead to his dismissal.

If all out attack fails, at least he gave it a go ;)

Just my opinion like, I’ve been wrong before :evil:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 am

The Chad now filling their articles with quotes from Stagsnet. Classic.

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 am

I thought we were booing JD for having no game plan, not leaving a player up when taking corners etc, the West stand shouting for the subbing earlier than the usual last 5 minutes etc. Had Chorley been better or lucky we would have lost that game.

Bish needs to accept that some of the senior players are not playing as well as last season - himself, Pearce, CJ, Mac Donald etc.
Is that JD fault or the players not playing for the manager or the club. But the fans are not booing them.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

All this players v fans & booing will only benefit the opposition & give Spiresh*ites & County fans a laugh
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Amberheart wrote:All this players v fans & booing will only benefit the opposition & give Spiresh*ites & County fans a laugh

Scant consolation for them whilst wallowing in the non league mud pit.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:51 pm

They won't be in that mud pit too long Amber lad!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:04 pm

We are not in the habit to cheer rubbish being played on the pitch .
Grow a pair Bishop !!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:45 pm

I can’t see anyone in Nottingham or Chesterfield bothering to read the Chad.

Come to think of it, I don’t know anyone in Mansfield that reads the bitter and twisted ramblings of the idiot John Lomas.

He’ll be wetting his y fronts after this weekend.

;)

Edit, went against my normal stance and actually clicked the link - the cheeky **** has quoted Stagsnet and not even bothered to mention the site :evil:

Does that mean we can cut and paste his “work” without credit?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Beano wrote:I can’t see anyone in Nottingham or Chesterfield bothering to read the Chad.

Come to think of it, I don’t know anyone in Mansfield that reads the bitter and twisted ramblings of the idiot John Lomas.

He’ll be wetting his y fronts after this weekend.

;)

Edit, went against my normal stance and actually clicked the link - the cheeky **** has quoted Stagsnet and not even bothered to mention the site :evil:

Also by typing on here do we give permission for our comments to go in a local newspaper???
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Hmmmm No !
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Putting anything 'online' is giving 'permission' for anyone to nick it, whether its words or pictures. You can try & stop it but it's like catching water with your hands.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Beano wrote:

Check the latest news page, there is some (probable) unwritten agreement between the Chad and Martin.

Can’t always be one way folks.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Beano wrote:

Check the latest news page, there is some (probable) unwritten agreement between the Chad and Martin.

Can’t always be one way folks.

I can’t see it being anything other than one way. Would you want to quote the Chad and open yourself to ridicule?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The Chad now filling their articles with quotes from Stagsnet. Classic.

Wow talk about copy and paste from Stagsnet. :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm

As opposed to copy and paste from the chad, whats the difference?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:12 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
I can’t see it being anything other than one way. Would you want to quote the Chad and open yourself to ridicule?

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9705

And now you’ll let me know the difference of course?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm

BigGuy wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9705

And now you’ll let me know the difference of course?

One hell of a point, well made!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Bish, the next time a throw in doesn’t go the way you appeal, a foul is given against you or an opponent tackles you in a way you perceive unfairly don’t give them a mouthful of personal, directed and foul abusive language or your complaint against a minority of fans will just sound hollow. After all they are just doing the same as you, trying their best on a football pitch.

You have in effect moved into a glass house and started throwing stones. It doesn’t become you.

...catching up on posts but what you have posted in bold highlights from me is true.

Bish is flailing a bit imo. I don't like his obvious (negative) frustration on the pitch which impacts on other players and only antogonises (sp?!) the fans. He is a senior pro and should act accordingly and set a good example and rise above the fans understandable frustration. Bish and the players are accountable. As is JD.

As is DB.....re Colchester I couldn't believe that he clapped literally a couple of times 'something' we did right and then immediately went back to the dugout wthout any eye contact to our player.

That is some motivation for someone has specifically been brought in to improve on that front :roll: ...because JD and LG need help on that obviously

Things are not right at t'Mill
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Bish, the next time a throw in doesn’t go the way you appeal, a foul is given against you or an opponent tackles you in a way you perceive unfairly don’t give them a mouthful of personal, directed and foul abusive language or your complaint against a minority of fans will just sound hollow. After all they are just doing the same as you, trying their best on a football pitch.

You have in effect moved into a glass house and started throwing stones. It doesn’t become you.

...catching up on posts but what you have posted in bold highlights from me is true.

Bish is flailing a bit imo. I don't like his obvious (negative) frustration on the pitch which impacts on other players and only antogonises (sp?!) the fans. He is a senior pro and should act accordingly and set a good example and rise above the fans understandable frustration. Bish and the players are accountable. As is JD.

As is DB.....re Colchester I couldn't believe that he clapped literally a couple of times 'something' we did right and then immediately went back to the dugout wthout any eye contact to our player.

That is some motivation for someone has specifically been brought in to improve on that front :roll: ...because JD and LG need help on that obviously

Things are not right at t'Mill

‘t club’s treading water under the management regime.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Seems there is now an undercurrent of them and us.

I think the last time there was an undercurrent of them vs us Coxy got us promoted ;)

Maybe that's why the Radfords aren't doing anything :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 am

I like Bishop. He has been a competent player for us. His performances this season are nowhere near last seasons standard but no one would suggest he is not doing his best.

Having said that it is nothing short of ludicrous to suggest the current level of dissatisfaction is a reflection of our failure last season. I have not heard any supporter raise that point. Last season is history, it's been and gone.

On the subject of booing, how else are supporters supposed to communicate they are thoroughly fed up watching the utter dross we have seen at home games this season? I think the team and management have got away with it pretty lightly so far. It has now come to a head, a culmination of awful home performances all season.

Over the years on occasions I have heard almost all supporters chanting in unison, "what a load of rubbish" after dreadful home performances. If we reach that point again we will need more than faith healer Broughton to restore confidence in our misfiring team.

I would have felt that a senior player would have developed a thicker skin than Bishop has shown over this issue, and would know when to keep quiet.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:44 am

Chris M wrote:I like Bishop. He has been a competent player for us. His performances this season are nowhere near last seasons standard but no one would suggest he is not doing his best.

Having said that it is nothing short of ludicrous to suggest the current level of dissatisfaction is a reflection of our failure last season. I have not heard any supporter raise that point. Last season is history, it's been and gone.

On the subject of booing, how else are supporters supposed to communicate they are thoroughly fed up watching the utter dross we have seen at home games this season? I think the team and management have got away with it pretty lightly so far. It has now come to a head, a culmination of awful home performances all season.

Over the years on occasions I have heard almost all supporters chanting in unison, "what a load of rubbish" after dreadful home performances. If we reach that point again we will need more than faith healer Broughton to restore confidence in our misfiring team.

I would have felt that a senior player would have developed a thicker skin than Bishop has shown over this issue, and would know when to keep quiet.

Neal’s skin must be getting as thin as his hair :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum