{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Booing is childish but it happens and everyone sat around me knew it would happen yesterday, I will add, no one near me did boo.

Play bad you get stick, stopping the rot is down to the manager if he has the ability, I think enough said.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Well there’s been boos at Mansfield, at Southampton yesterday, at Leyton orient, Newcastle we’re lucky booed off yesterday at halftime.

Maybe the entire country is childish!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Our most senior player and probably the most popular last season said its disruptive and dosen't help. That's proof enough for me.

Time to stop the booing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Our most senior player and probably the most popular last season said its disruptive and dosen't help. That's proof enough for me.

Time to stop the booing.

If our most senior player can't deal with it then maybe that speaks volumes
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Our most senior player and probably the most popular last season said its disruptive and dosen't help. That's proof enough for me.

Time to stop the booing.

Perhaps one of our most senior was one of those that went and talked to JD and we've ended up with this shapeless, directionless cack so partly culpable?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm

One of the board members is now subtly mocking the boo boys on FB, comparing Liverpoo and Man City defending at corners to our own efforts.

Why did it all go so wrong so quickly?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm

And yet again, those fans that don't roll and die, who voice an opinion, are the scapegoats for another diabolical performance by the team at home. The club and board have got away lightly,so far this season, over the shambles they created. Perhaps if they put as much effort into improving their games, as they do criticising the fan base, we might be somewhere near the ambitions which were set out for the club, at the start if the season.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby magicstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Here we go again, players trying to blame the fans for their
Failings.
Sorry bish owd lad, no way on gods earth have you not heard
The same comments at any of your other clubs.
You played at mardy lane long enough lol.
So wipe ya tears and get your teammates to crack on and do what their paid to do and stop bleating .
You are the ones who need to turn this around.
Also no one's moaning about last season, its you and your teammates poor attitude and application
This season which is the problem .
COYS
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Nearly ready to hang his boots up... should only be playing every other game at most.

They need to get over last season and realise fans are aggravated by the performances this season and not missing out last year, that were used to!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:

Time to stop the booing.

Has he actually said he " can't deal with it " ? Or has he said its not helping ? There is a massive difference.

Time to stop the booing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:00 pm

BigGuy wrote:One of the board members is now subtly mocking the boo boys on FB, comparing Liverpoo and Man City defending at corners to our own efforts.

Subtly mocking the boo boys? What has he actually said ? (I don't do Facebook).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

Time to stop the booing.

Has he actually said he " can't deal with it " ? Or has he said its not helping ? There is a massive difference.

Time to stop the booing.

Nah. Fans are entitled to boo if they want - especially when they’ve paid hard earned money and have been consistently served up with dross.

Not everyone is a fairy, if you get booed man up and stop complaining, they’re being paid several grand a week to play infront of a few thousand folk. If you can’t deal with that footfall isn’t for you.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:

Time to stop the booing.

Time to stop the booing.

Nah. Fans are entitled to boo if they want - especially when they’ve paid hard earned money and have been consistently served up with dross.

Not everyone is a fairy, if you get booed man up and stop complaining, they’re being paid several grand a week to play infront of a few thousand folk. If you can’t deal with that footfall isn’t for you.

Well cheers Adamstag, for pointing that out to me. I've been coming to Field Mill for over 50 years man and boy. Didn't realise I'd been disillusioned for that length of time.

You keep up the booing my friend. It will have an effect, but perhaps not one that will progress the club.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:14 pm

I’ll boo when I feel necessary - and yesterday was one of those.

I don’t need some patronising old man telling me when I can and can’t boo.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 pm

adamstag wrote:Well there’s been boos at Mansfield, at Southampton yesterday, at Leyton orient, Newcastle we’re lucky booed off yesterday at halftime.

Yep, maybe they are but if they pay for the right they can, however childish it may be.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

adamstag wrote:I’ll boo when I feel necessary - and yesterday was one of those.

I don’t need some patronising old man telling me when I can and can’t boo.
I'm not patronising you Adamstag. I'm simply explaining to you that booing isn't helping the team you support.

And less of the old man. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BigGuy wrote:One of the board members is now subtly mocking the boo boys on FB, comparing Liverpoo and Man City defending at corners to our own efforts.

Subtly mocking the boo boys? What has he actually said ? (I don't do Facebook).

Post what they have said.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:01 pm

oldweststander wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well there’s been boos at Mansfield, at Southampton yesterday, at Leyton orient, Newcastle we’re lucky booed off yesterday at halftime.

Yep, maybe they are but if they pay for the right they can, however childish it may be.

I think when boos are warranted it’s entirely right that it happens, if folk wish to happy clap and sit there with hands in their pocket its also fine.

I don’t have a go at those who decide not to do anything - rightfully so - its just the bores that think they’re ok to state people who boo are wrong, pretty sad.

It’s a sad situation all round currently
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Watching Liverpool v Man City.
Both teams don’t leave anyone up at corners .booooo pep and Klopp out ! Booo .

Is what was said
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:09 pm

I just admit the ‘leave someone up front for a corner’ criticism is so far down my list. It’s just an easy thing for people to pick up from the stands and immediately stick the negative label on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Steve is also not a fan of ‘playing out from the back’ and ‘wing backs’. No wonder he hated Flitcroft so much.

The replies are very funny, so many sycophants out there.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I just admit the ‘leave someone up front for a corner’ criticism is so far down my list. It’s just an easy thing for people to pick up from the stands and immediately stick the negative label on.

How many times have we scored from countering a corner? I can't remember it happening very often, so I don't see what all the uproar is about.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm

City & Liverpool can pull 11 back at a corner, because they can break at lightening speed and interchange passes with pinpoint accuracy. They can go from defending a corner to smacking one in at the other end in seconds.

4th division players have to plat % because they aren't as good. That's not a dig just a fact of life. When we defend a corner it's far more likely to be dealt with by a big hoof up field than by a dozen killer ten yard passes as we sweep up the field in one fluid move.
Leave no one up to contest the big hoof and it's 100% sure that the ball is going to come right back at you, and you have a 0% chance of building any kind of counter attack.
When we do break out by passing it, our play is so slow it's painful to watch.

Comparing Div 4 to the EPL is idiotic, there is such a chasm in class these days that they are barely playing the same sport.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I just admit the ‘leave someone up front for a corner’ criticism is so far down my list. It’s just an easy thing for people to pick up from the stands and immediately stick the negative label on.

How many times have we scored from countering a corner? I can't remember it happening very often, so I don't see what all the uproar is about.

Well you wouldn’t remember it happening under dempster or flitcroft as they had everyone back for a corner, everyone back for a corner against Chorley? That’s unreal. It shouldn’t be happening at all in the league at home.

As Sneag says, comparing Man City and Liverpool to Mansfield is unreal, that steve Hymas would also compare it is concerning - but probably explains his decision to want dempster In charge
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:49 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Well you wouldn’t remember it happening under dempster or flitcroft as they had everyone back for a corner, everyone back for a corner against Chorley? That’s unreal. It shouldn’t be happening at all in the league at home.

As Sneag says, comparing Man City and Liverpool to Mansfield is unreal, that steve Hymas would also compare it is concerning - but probably explains his decision to want dempster In charge

People are making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be in my opinion.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum