{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Postby Beano » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Chadman wrote:Booing your team after a win? Is that support? It's certainly causing a stir - and rightly so.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... 1-10101381

As predicted :lol:

Scientists thought they’d discovered a new material, a cheap alternative but equivalent stiffness and rigidity of carbon fibre. Turns out it was Lomas’ underwear following a club/fan spat.

Wouldn’t want to be picking up the tissue bill over in Chud towers this week.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:It doesn’t help the players or management when you have a so called “fan” say this about the team, via twitter.

https://twitter.com/92_jackrich/status/ ... 90432?s=21

This was a sarcastic tweet, I’d never want the team to lose a match in whatever competition we play in.

Drewe has taken it totally out of context

I've no interest in taking sides in this. But, you've repeatedly called for Dempster to be sacked on twitter. So then when you put "Dempster OUT", with out in capital letters, you can't really say that Drewe Broughton has taken it totally out of context.

From reading your posts over time, there is no doubt that you don't want the side to lose in any circumstances. No disagreement over that. However there are others who have plainly stated that they wanted us to lose to hasten the departure of Dempster, (we've all seen the posts which leave a nasty taste in my mouth), so it's not a wild mistake for Drewe Broughton to misinterpret that bit of the tweet.

Anyway, probably best just to move on.

Glad you aren’t tarnishing me with the “I want us to lose so JD is sacked”. I want him to succeed, he’s a nice guy and deserves a chance, it doesn’t mean I think he’s the right man for the job.

My post on Twitter was sarcastic, I should have added a wink face or something to ensure it came across like that as it’s been taken completely the wrong way by Drewe and a few others.

Apologies to those who have taken it seriously, to clear it up I will be at Macclesfield on Saturday cheering us on to hopefully 3 points.

Well I added the winky face and have been tarnished. I know what Martin is referring to. Perhaps my joke was a bit beyond the pale and I got called out for it. Fair enough. I clarified my post but people have already passed judgement. Not much I can do to change that now. I know myself that I would never will the ball into our net, regardless of circumstances. Thing is with online is it's written, and that makes it somehow more personal, meaningful and serious, and it can be referred to without context. Again, when it's directed at you, you carry it round with you. It means more than if it were the same verbal flippant throw away remark or joke down the pub.

Like Carolyn said, 'john doesn't have regrets, he just learns'. Wise words.

I too can only apologise for offence caused by my bad taste comment. Let's move on.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Actually I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to some others who certainly weren't being ironic or whatever.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Ok. Well I did make an I'll judged quip in a match thread so above post still valid. Still an ardent Mansfield town supporter.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum