{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Today's Support or lack of it.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby WVStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 am

dylster wrote: But over the last few weeks that objectiveness has literally disappeared and been replaced by outright abuse.


I'd argue the opposite is true, that a lot of people are finally finding some objectivity instead of the misguided blind faith, which is why the booing is happening.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 am

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Tbh yesterday most fans probably had a collective loss of will to live after about 60 minutes.

I can’t really understand how anyone could have been motivated by that, the performance sucked the life out of any form of atmosphere.

If there is real abuse then fair enough.

The boos at the end were entirely justified though, it was frustration over not just today’s latest dire showing but about the dross that’s been served up at home this season.


Apart from the 12 year old kid with the drum 8n the QLE who spent 90 minutes randomly whacking the hell out of it. Maybe he was just trying to keep warm, or keep himself entertained.

My head was pounding by full time.


The drum used to appeal when I was about 15.

That’s some while ago and no longer quite has the same appeal, which is why I sit nowhere near it :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 am

WVStag wrote:
dylster wrote: But over the last few weeks that objectiveness has literally disappeared and been replaced by outright abuse.


I'd argue the opposite is true, that a lot of people are finally finding some objectivity instead of the misguided blind faith, which is why the booing is happening.

So how is their new found objectivity helping the club?

To say that those who continue to support the team in the right way have blind faith is nonsense. They are just as frustrated.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:27 am

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:
dylster wrote: But over the last few weeks that objectiveness has literally disappeared and been replaced by outright abuse.


I'd argue the opposite is true, that a lot of people are finally finding some objectivity instead of the misguided blind faith, which is why the booing is happening.

So how is their new found objectivity helping the club?

To say that those who continue to support the team in the right way have blind faith is nonsense. They are just as frustrated.

If you don't show your frustration then nothing will change and we will all be smiling and clapping as we slip back into the pit of misery.
wink68
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby WVStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:32 am

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:
dylster wrote: But over the last few weeks that objectiveness has literally disappeared and been replaced by outright abuse.


I'd argue the opposite is true, that a lot of people are finally finding some objectivity instead of the misguided blind faith, which is why the booing is happening.

So how is their new found objectivity helping the club?

To say that those who continue to support the team in the right way have blind faith is nonsense. They are just as frustrated.


Because that's how football fans communicate their unrest and disapproval. If the Radford's pick up on it (which they will have done if they're not completely daft) and remove JD (which they won't, because they're just about daft enough) then I'd say that it's quite productive.

Before someone says 'that's hounding someone out and that's unacceptable', first of all, it's not, and second of all, the fans have a right to boo, to communicate their annoyance at what's going on at the moment. I don't think anyone can argue against the notion that most fans carry that Dempster needs removing.

You'd just rather everyone sit, be smiling and carry on clapping come rain or shine and that's fine for you, Andy, if that's a moral victory for you. But not for literally everyone else.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 pm

WVStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:
dylster wrote: But over the last few weeks that objectiveness has literally disappeared and been replaced by outright abuse.


I'd argue the opposite is true, that a lot of people are finally finding some objectivity instead of the misguided blind faith, which is why the booing is happening.

So how is their new found objectivity helping the club?

To say that those who continue to support the team in the right way have blind faith is nonsense. They are just as frustrated.


Because that's how football fans communicate their unrest and disapproval. If the Radford's pick up on it (which they will have done if they're not completely daft) and remove JD (which they won't, because they're just about daft enough) then I'd say that it's quite productive.

Before someone says 'that's hounding someone out and that's unacceptable', first of all, it's not, and second of all, the fans have a right to boo, to communicate their annoyance at what's going on at the moment. I don't think anyone can argue against the notion that most fans carry that Dempster needs removing.

You'd just rather everyone sit, be smiling and carry on clapping come rain or shine and that's fine for you, Andy, if that's a moral victory for you. But not for literally everyone else.

I fail to see your logic. You are correct when you say the purpose is to hound someone out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Andy you must have a short memory. The 'abuse' (which mostly isn't abuse its negative comments or booing) is much less this year under JD as it has been under previous managers. If this had been DF still and we started like this it would have been much much worse. It was way worse for Cox, Holdsworth and many others.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Considering how dreadful we've been at home the atmosphere is flat rather than toxic.

Certainly some are being more vocal than others, but it's a football crowd, it's what they do. Some people go to football for a good moan twas ever thus.

Football is (allegedy) an entertainment business. I the last 11 months I could count the number of entertaining games I've seen on one hand. It's been mostly veering between dull & bloody awful.

I don't agree with booing, never have I think it's counter productive, but blind acceptance of the cack we've had served up so far is also counter productive as it leads to the sort of complacency that sees teams sleepwalk into relegation.

If JD wants to get the fans back onside, stop being so flipping negative. We've got a very good forward line & set up in a way that starves them of service.

Four of us ST holdres go to games together, yesterday I was the only one to bother going, and I went because I thought, this was a good chance for JD to win the fans back. Set up to go for the throat against a very poor Conference team, spank them 4 or 5 nil & get some confidence. Instead we set up in a cautious almost cowardly fashion, played with no pace, no width and managed 3 shots on target (2 of those lead to the goal).
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Sneag wrote:
Four of us ST holdres go to games together, yesterday I was the only one to bother going, and I went because I thought, this was a good chance for JD to win the fans back. Set up to go for the throat against a very poor Conference team, spank them 4 or 5 nil & get some confidence. Instead we set up in a cautious almost cowardly fashion, played with no pace, no width and managed 3 shots on target (2 of those lead to the goal).


Absolutely and totally agree with this....said the same elsewhere....people were ready to support totally until they saw our team sheet and set up against a team bottom of the Conference...we weren't playing a league 1 club !!
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Today's Support or lack of it.

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm

The reason he is playing 2 defensive midfielders at home is because his system requires it. The wingers come inside and so the full backs have to provide the width. The CM’s therefore have to stay back to protect the centre backs.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6268
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hitchcocks size 10s and 30 guests