{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

34 Charged from MK game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

34 Charged from MK game

Postby The One » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:36 am

The One
Manager
Manager

Re: 34 Charged from MK game

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 am

Well that doesn't make pretty reading.

Quite an array of ages there and includes a few females which is quite surprising, maybe they were trying to bring their men back from the fray..

It will all come out in the washing and maybe we should leave it there until then.

I did notice one of the addresses was Sherwood Lodge Drive which I didn't think was residential. It could be an interesting one.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:49 am

There's a lot falling into the 'no fool like an old fool' bracket there.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:14 am

I'm not condoning this behaviour but was it so terrible that every single person needed to be named ? It's not like people were badly or critically injured for heavens sake.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 am

I notice that none of our starting XI from the game have been charged with putting up a decent fight that day.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am

I am Spartacus wrote:I notice that none of our starting XI from the game have been charged with putting up a decent fight that day.

See that stadium once or twice a week, still makes me shiver. We bottled it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Why are there are only two MK supporters names on that list, yet there were three times as many of them on the pitch than us and they were the ones who initially seemed to provoke those ugly scenes?...

Not condoning our fans behaviour but seems to be different rules for different sets of fans.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Idiots one and all
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Having watched events unfold from the stands with my wife and our friends I find it hard to understand how only 2 people from MK have been charged yet there's 36 from Nottinghamshire.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:05 pm

One from Swansea was he lost ?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Having watched events unfold from the stands with my wife and our friends I find it hard to understand how only 2 people from MK have been charged yet there's 36 from Nottinghamshire.

Absolutely!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Far be it for me to be cynical but with the disproportionate number of Stags arrested and charged compared to MK fans, together with the over the top reporting from the Nottingham Evening Post (who ceased running football articles on the Stags a year ago) could this be a PR exercise by Notts Police saying look at us ??

Just throwing it out there!?!?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

There were hundreds if not thousands that came onto the pitch initially from MK sections. I notice most of those charged were charged with entering a field of play. The idiots that caused trouble deserve what they get also but not many from MK seem to have been charged. Just an observation. Those who assaulted people should be banned for life.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm

I’m surprised that the cps are pursuing the charge of “entering the playing area contrary to section 4 of the Football (Offences) Act 1991“ , on only 35 of the 2,000 or so people that committed this offence.

It opens them up to all sorts of criticism.

However, Throwing punches, missiles etc

Play silly games, win silly prizes (decent fines and stadium bans etc.)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Had Stags fans stayed in their seats, few if any from Notts would have been arrested.

Sure they ran on the pitch first (they had just got promoted afterall) and a few dickheads run up to our end and started giving it large. But let's be honest here they were mostly kids and offered no threat whatsoever.

The fact that the divs who couldn't handle either their beer or Stags losing felt the need to wander onto the pitch and start slapping stupid kids about was frankly embarrassing. The conduct of some of our other fans in the carpark after was even worse, like the heroes surrounding the car with a woman & kid in it.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:20 pm

CassellsCap wrote:There were hundreds if not thousands that came onto the pitch initially from MK sections. I notice most of those charged were charged with entering a field of play. The idiots that caused trouble deserve what they get also but not many from MK seem to have been charged. Just an observation. Those who assaulted people should be banned for life.

Life ban, really? Bit extreme
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Sneag wrote:Had Stags fans stayed in their seats, few if any from Notts would have been arrested.

Sure they ran on the pitch first (they had just got promoted afterall) and a few dickheads run up to our end and started giving it large. But let's be honest here they were mostly kids and offered no threat whatsoever.

The fact that the divs who couldn't handle either their beer or Stags losing felt the need to wander onto the pitch and start slapping stupid kids about was frankly embarrassing. The conduct of some of our other fans in the carpark after was even worse, like the heroes surrounding the car with a woman & kid in it.

Only a few? and from where we were sat alot of them were far from just kids
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 pm

If you can’t control yourself you deserve all you get, regardless of who started it.

Was I upset after the game? Yes. Was I annoyed wit the performance and by those Dons fans who ran on the pitch? Yes. Did I jump over a barrier and start punching folk? No. I suspect the same goes for 5000 others who managed not to.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Had Stags fans stayed in their seats, few if any from Notts would have been arrested.

Only a few? and from where we were sat alot of them were far from just kids

Did you feel threatened? Did you feel the need to run on the pitch and raspberry one of them?

I was sat near the front and never thought for a second the MK Dongs fans were going to do anything other than pose.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Random Hero wrote:Why are there are only two MK supporters names on that list, yet there were three times as many of them on the pitch than us and they were the ones who initially seemed to provoke those ugly scenes?...

Not condoning our fans behaviour but seems to be different rules for different sets of fans.

It does seem a little one sided given what I witnessed. That said I think most mk fans can say they were defending themselves from the advancing hordes but if they are charging the others with pitch invasion many mk fans should be picked up first.

Not condoning any of it by the way. Those name that did it should be held to account.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Watched the scenes tonight from Dulwich Hamlet winning promotion to National League South via the play offs last season. Lots of fans running on the pitch holding flares. I wonder how many were charged?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 am

Grendon Stag wrote:Having watched events unfold from the stands with my wife and our friends I find it hard to understand how only 2 people from MK have been charged yet there's 36 from Nottinghamshire.

The answer is Banning Orders. The more banning orders given out arising through this game the easier it will be for Notts Police to deal with our ‘Risk Element’ in the future. As most have been charged with assault also, based upon compelling CCTV evidence (speak to those that have been charged) it is an easy win case.

If the police charged all those that ran on the pitch in a non-aggressive celebratory way that one Stagsnet poster did at Lincoln last season, the courts would grind to a halt for months as 3000+ are sat in court for a day to receive a six months good behaviour warning slap on the wrist.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:05 pm

The MK Dons fans that were charged were probably those actually detained on the pitch. To what extent did Thames Valley Police investigate the other Culprits ?
Or did they have the excuse that they had gained promotion.

I don’t condone any violence but from what i saw of footage I expected a lot more MK fans to be charged.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum