{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Is it definitely Evans?!

100% it’s him.

Click the twitter link above and you’ll clearly see

I've looked at it quite a few times and there's someone there for 0.01 seconds as the camera waves about who isn't clearly Evans but possibly has a resemblance if blurred.
I'd have thought that, having been let down badly and lied to unashamedly, and bearing in mind fan hostility and Evans' recent lacklustre performance, it's very unlikely that the Radfords will be negotiating for him to take over the reins.

It clearly is Evans, got to spec-savers now if you're not sure... no one else has that hair line, fat face and glasses like that.

The slow version does seem to be showing Evans last night. The glasses and hairline give it away.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Who’s the guy to the left ?? Looks like Barry fry suggesting old footage before he joined posh perhaps ?

I don’t think there was any pub meeting when he went to China, he walked out remember.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Big fee payable to Gillingham when they get wind of this meeting and he does come back.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:00 pm

BigGuy wrote:Big fee payable to Gillingham when they get wind of this meeting and he does come back.

They could argue it was simply a social meeting. ... don't know how the legality would view that if he subsequently returned. They could argue they wouldnt be so stupid as to tap him up in public....would they? !?!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Everyone bangs on about Evans's track record re promotion, in the EFL he has only achieved it with Rotherham. Crawley & Boston both non-league.

Surely there's others with an equally good record who treat; players, officials, owners and fans with respect.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Well done Carolyn it's stopped the Internet talking about dempster for a few days.
I bet she's laughing all day.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Was told on sunday that Evan's had spoken to JR and was interested in coming back but thought it was a load of raspberrys. Looks like I could have been wrong.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:17 pm

pemill wrote:Everyone bangs on about Evans's track record re promotion, in the EFL he has only achieved it with Rotherham. Crawley & Boston both non-league.

Surely there's others with an equally good record who treat; players, officials, owners and fans with respect.

To be fair to him, the season after he got Crawley promoted to league 2, he had them in 4th the season after before he left in early April for Rotherham. Of course after that he achieved back to back promotions with Rotherham too.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

On the slowed down video if it was Evans it looks like he was sat at a different table, so maybe the "nice night at the pub" title means it was the opposite after bumping into Evans. Maybe she spent the whole night nudging JR then pointing at Evans and saying 'there's your mate' in a urine taking way
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Was told on sunday that Evan's had spoken to JR and was interested in coming back but thought it was a load of raspberrys. Looks like I could have been wrong.

Could be a Murray MK2. I'm sure they had him lined up before Murray got the sack
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Mental.

If Steve comes back, I'll be so shocked.

I know Evans is a good talker, but he'd have to talk a very good game to explain away the last time he was here.

If this is true, are people honestly saying they'd rather keep mr nice guy JD and continue this debacle rather than have a proven manager back.

He's a prat, but it's more acceptable when he's your own prat. Push comes to shove, I'd rather have Evans than JD. It might also bring some positivity back among the fan base, it will divide people, but at the moment we're all United in thinking JD should not be the man in charge, hardly a good place to be.

We wait...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Do we need fans divided, is that the direction we need to go in? There's plenty of managers out there who would love to manage us. I don't believe for one second that Evans is the best we can attract.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Do we need fans divided, is that the direction we need to go in? There's plenty of managers out there who would love to manage us. I don't believe for one second that Evans is the best we can attract.

Fans are definitely divided on the idea of having him now (and more probably don’t want him) however if he gets us on track again and starts making strides towards our promotion objective, then I’m sure the majority of the fan base won’t be divided.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Do we need fans divided, is that the direction we need to go in? There's plenty of managers out there who would love to manage us. I don't believe for one second that Evans is the best we can attract.

Fans are definitely divided on the idea of having him now (and more probably don’t want him) however if he gets us on track again and starts making strides towards our promotion objective, then I’m sure the majority of the fan base won’t be divided.

What's not to say he won't piss off again in a crucial part of our season? I know any manager could, but the way SE went about it was all wrong.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:Was told on sunday that Evan's had spoken to JR and was interested in coming back but thought it was a load of raspberrys. Looks like I could have been wrong.

I think if you’d have said to anyone before this video came to light we’d have all said what a load of rubbish.

It would be some U turn!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Keep saying it, instead of the social media rubbish the club need to make a statement.

Back JD or sack him.

Lets be professional about it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:38 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I think if you’d have said to anyone before this video came to light we’d have all said what a load of rubbish.

It would be some U turn!

But he's made it up after the video, likes the make out "I'm in the know" attention :roll: :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:50 pm

The One wrote:Keep saying it, instead of the social media rubbish the club need to make a statement.

Back JD or sack him.

Or... Here’s a thought. Just accept that Dempster is on a learning curve. Get off his back and stop this perpetual blood-lust.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
The One wrote:Keep saying it, instead of the social media rubbish the club need to make a statement.

Back JD or sack him.

Or... Here’s a thought. Just accept that Dempster is on a learning curve. Get off his back and stop this perpetual blood-lust.

Or get a new manager in who knows what he is doing and isn't making half the fans disinterested.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:59 pm

The One wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
mansfieldarmy wrote:just you wait and see

I've been saying it for weeks Mansfield Army I'm glad you are in the know as well....

Let's have a catch up soon.....

No you have not, you have been spouting Jones rubbish.

Ooooooo have I The One !!!!

Ooooooooo it can't be true then ?

You must know something I n MA thought we knew.....

Or are MA n I know what you would like to know......

But I'll tell you this for free JD is staying at the club in what capacity you'll have to wait n see
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
The One wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
mansfieldarmy wrote:just you wait and see

I've been saying it for weeks Mansfield Army I'm glad you are in the know as well....

Let's have a catch up soon.....

No you have not, you have been spouting Jones rubbish.

Ooooooo have I The One !!!!

Ooooooooo it can't be true then ?

You must know something I n MA thought we knew.....

Or are MA n I know what you would like to know......

But I'll tell you this for free JD is staying at the club in what capacity you'll have to wait n see

Grow up
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Whatever is/is not agreed in due course, IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation about SE and an appointment then in my view that’s not professional.

Whatever we think about the current position/form/results it’s also not respectful to JD.

A CEO should not be sending videos with cryptic links to a person’s existing job (JD) or a potential appointment. If they have an official announcement to make then they should make it.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:36 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Whatever is/is not agreed in due course, IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation about SE and an appointment then in my view that’s not professional.

Whatever we think about the current position/form/results it’s also not respectful to JD.

A CEO should not be sending videos with cryptic links to a person’s existing job (JD) or a potential appointment. If they have an official announcement to make then they should make it.

Carolyn is probably the least professional CEO in the EFL. That’s not to say that she isn’t adequate at her job overall however.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Whatever is/is not agreed in due course, IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation about SE and an appointment then in my view that’s not professional.

Correct. I have stated the same throughout this thread
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:47 pm

The One wrote:

Correct. I have stated the same throughout this thread

We're only speculating, and don't really know what's going on. If it is what it's assumed to be on the video, perhaps Dempster already knows all about it. Maybe it's a "director of football" appointment or something similar. There's no point in calling people unprofessional when we can't be sure of the details.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum