{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 pm

The One wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
The One wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
mansfieldarmy wrote:just you wait and see

I've been saying it for weeks Mansfield Army I'm glad you are in the know as well....

Let's have a catch up soon.....

No you have not, you have been spouting Jones rubbish.

Ooooooo have I The One !!!!

Ooooooooo it can't be true then ?

You must know something I n MA thought we knew.....

Or are MA n I know what you would like to know......

But I'll tell you this for free JD is staying at the club in what capacity you'll have to wait n see

Grow up

Ooooooooooo Spouting

Ooooooooo Grow Up

Oh the Irony of The One.........
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:55 pm

If it is Evans and the meeting did in fact take place last night, I think the question we should be asking is which of our current squad no longer wish to play for the club/manager. With the transfer window 5 weeks away negotiations for players will be taking place now and I think it much more likely that's what they were discussing.

My gut feeling is that in scenario, it is most likely to be White. He was signed by Evans for a big fee and doesn't seem settled at the moment.

I may be very wide of the mark in this but think it more feasible than Evans returning as manager.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Bradders wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Whatever is/is not agreed in due course, IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation about SE and an appointment then in my view that’s not professional.

Whatever we think about the current position/form/results it’s also not respectful to JD.

A CEO should not be sending videos with cryptic links to a person’s existing job (JD) or a potential appointment. If they have an official announcement to make then they should make it.

Correct. I have stated the same throughout this thread

We're only speculating, and don't really know what's going on. If it is what it's assumed to be on the video, perhaps Dempster already knows all about it. Maybe it's a "director of football" appointment or something similar. There's no point in calling people unprofessional when we can't be sure of the details.

Bradders, we are all entitled to our views
Of course but my three points in response to this:

1. I qualified my initial comment with “IF” to emphasise that I don’t know exactly what is going on. What I said is that IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation then it was unprofessional. IF it just happened to be an unfortunate coincidence and it wasn’t then we’ve all wasted our time typing messages and responding to them.

2. The respect to JD was one point. Perhaps he’s on board with this, I don’t know.

3. The other more relevant point is that sending snatched and cryptic videos of potential (or who could be viewed as potential) appointees is not professional. And that’s whether it’s for football manager (which would be the inevitable speculation) or director of football. I can’t imagine many CEOs in many business sectors doing that.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:59 pm

We could be signing a player on loan from Gillingham!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If it is Evans and the meeting did in fact take place last night, I think the question we should be asking is which of our current squad no longer wish to play for the club/manager. With the transfer window 5 weeks away negotiations for players will be taking place now and I think it much more likely that's what they were discussing.

My gut feeling is that in scenario, it is most likely to be White. He was signed by Evans for a big fee and doesn't seem settled at the moment.

I may be very wide of the mark in this but think it more feasible than Evans returning as manager.

I think you are.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:15 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Bradders wrote:
The One wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Whatever is/is not agreed in due course, IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation about SE and an appointment then in my view that’s not professional.

Whatever we think about the current position/form/results it’s also not respectful to JD.

A CEO should not be sending videos with cryptic links to a person’s existing job (JD) or a potential appointment. If they have an official announcement to make then they should make it.

Correct. I have stated the same throughout this thread

We're only speculating, and don't really know what's going on. If it is what it's assumed to be on the video, perhaps Dempster already knows all about it. Maybe it's a "director of football" appointment or something similar. There's no point in calling people unprofessional when we can't be sure of the details.

Bradders, we are all entitled to our views
Of course but my three points in response to this:

1. I qualified my initial comment with “IF” to emphasise that I don’t know exactly what is going on. What I said is that IF the purpose of the video was to create speculation then it was unprofessional. IF it just happened to be an unfortunate coincidence and it wasn’t then we’ve all wasted our time typing messages and responding to them.

2. The respect to JD was one point. Perhaps he’s on board with this, I don’t know.

3. The other more relevant point is that sending snatched and cryptic videos of potential (or who could be viewed as potential) appointees is not professional. And that’s whether it’s for football manager (which would be the inevitable speculation) or director of football. I can’t imagine many CEOs in many business sectors doing that.

Yes, on point 3 it was a weird thing to post, whatever it actually shows. Perhaps an accidental post?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Love all the theories in this thread! Some great scriptwriters in here wasted in their normal jobs.

You don't caption an accidental post.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Love all the theories in this thread! Some great scriptwriters in here wasted in their normal jobs.

You don't caption an accidental post.

Some dont want to believe we could re hire Evans i think. With her going public and playing games, something needs to happen soon, this will all only act as a distraction for the players.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Perhaps they have shown stevie boy the new menu at sandy,s bar ,,sorry mr scally just got a job offer in paradise
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If it is Evans and the meeting did in fact take place last night, I think the question we should be asking is which of our current squad no longer wish to play for the club/manager. With the transfer window 5 weeks away negotiations for players will be taking place now and I think it much more likely that's what they were discussing.

What are you on seriously, how do you even get to that conclusion.... Evans was not there to meet about the sale of a player, like an injured white.. especially to a club with no money.

They're definitely sourcing a potential replacement. and if we're still paying out to Evans it makes sense that he could return.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

What are you on seriously, how do you even get to that conclusion.... Evans was not there to meet about the sale of a player, like an injured white.. especially to a club with no money.

They're definitely sourcing a potential replacement. and if we're still paying out to Evans it makes sense that he could return.

Why would we be paying out to him? He resigned?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:50 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:I would prefer JD over Evans - Atleast one is a decent guy trying to do his best for the club.

too right.
Things missing in Evans make up.
Honesty
Integrity
Loyalty
Bravery
Understanding
Decency
Likeability
...all things that make a decent human being
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:54 pm

maybe they just had a meeting for advise on a few potential managers
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:59 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:maybe they just had a meeting for advise on a few potential managers

Might have been a late leaving do
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:00 pm

I can’t even tell you how disgusted I would be if this “character” was re-engaged.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Spiritater wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:I would prefer JD over Evans - Atleast one is a decent guy trying to do his best for the club.

too right.
Honesty
Integrity
Loyalty
Bravery
Understanding
Decency
Likeability

Come on its bojo int it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:02 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I can’t even tell you how disgusted I would be if this “character” was re-engaged.

I cant either ,well not with my limited vocabulary and poor punctuation
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Surely we won't be paying him. He resigned to go to China. Peterborough ended up having to pay us compensation (what they were trying to avoid by him going "overseas")

That meeting could be about us trying to sign a Gillingham player? Or them signing one of ours, or both in a player swap deal.

The video could have been posted because Evans is a candidate to replace JD, should the board be looking, and used it to gauge fan reaction.

They could have invited him to consult on hiring a new manager. He's had a decent track record, and likely not in the frame.

Or maybe we are paying him and we've given him a cheque to cover what we owe and threw in a free meal

Evans could have been travelling and decided to go to a favourite place of his while he was here and the Radfords happened to be at the same place. Granted, that's one hell of a coincidence.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Surely we won't be paying him. He resigned to go to China. Peterborough ended up having to pay us compensation (what they were trying to avoid by him going "overseas")

That meeting could be about us trying to sign a Gillingham player? Or them signing one of ours, or both in a player swap deal.

The video could have been posted because Evans is a candidate to replace JD, should the board be looking, and used it to gauge fan reaction.

They could have invited him to consult on hiring a new manager. He's had a decent track record, and likely not in the frame.

Or maybe we are paying him and we've given him a cheque to cover what we owe and threw in a free meal

Evans could have been travelling and decided to go to a favourite place of his while he was here and the Radfords happened to be at the same place. Granted, that's one hell of a coincidence.

Can i have a pint of what your on gazza
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Spiritater wrote:

too right.
Honesty
Integrity
Loyalty
Bravery
Understanding
Decency
Likeability

You don’t need to be mates with him, we just need to win games of football.

Whilst I can appreciate that people don’t like Evans (I don’t particularly like him), and that Dempster is a really nice bloke who has done a lot for the club, Evans is a better manager.

At the end of the day, he left for what was probably a better paid job on his doorstep. Managers move to other clubs all the time, it’s just this was dreadful timing and handled particularly poorly.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Maybe they was just having a drink ,i went out for a drink and my ex wife was in the place,doesnt mean shes coming back (thank god)
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I think I'm on an open mind and a bit of common sense.

They visited the mill with some questions that wanted answering. That doesn't mean it was about the manager but could be about a player/players who they maybe wanted one to one talks with. If the said player/s stated they weren't happy then why not meet with a potential buyer while they were in this country?

My guess about White is purely just that, a guess but I do feel the meeting with Evans (if it did happen and I'm still not convinced) would be more likely to be about transfers than it would about him returning.

And if you want to reconsider your last statement about Evans being cheaper, it's already been pointed out to you that we don't owe him a bean. What must you be on to think otherwise?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Another strange post on her instagram
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm

They were discussing the sale of CJ to Gillingham
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm

bluenyellow wrote:Another strange post on her instagram

Dressed like she does when announcements of signings are made
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum