{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Colchester game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Colchester game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:12 pm

video: Ryan Sweeney scores Mansfield's first goal in the defeat to Colchester

video: Omari Sterling-James scores Mansfield's second goal in the defeat to Colchester

brief highlights produced by EFL
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Colchester game

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:19 pm

Ball down the wing to CJ, good run, great cross waiting for someone to come in and smack it into the net.... very reminiscent of many goals scored by walker after a CJ assist that..

Play Mellis, get the best out of CJ and cook/ Maynard will score for fun.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:22 pm

And remedy our woeful defending. That means as a team not just the back four.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:30 pm

What was Bishop doing for the pen. I was like my defending at five a side.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:33 pm

wink68 wrote:What was Bishop doing for the pen. I was like my defending at five a side.

His age is showing now... hes done. Ran out of steam last year and how we didn't replace him ill never know!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:45 pm

In all fairness he was most fans player of the season.

There were no signs that his form would drop off so quickly from the heights he achieved last year.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:In all fairness he was most fans player of the season.

There were no signs that his form would drop off so quickly from the heights he achieved last year.

He really wasn't the same player second half compared to the first. He definitely started to decline and needed a break from playing... and its just continued.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:In all fairness he was most fans player of the season.

He really wasn't the same player second half compared to the first. He definitely started to decline and needed a break from playing... and its just continued.

Wasn't really the same player after his red card at Carlisle last season and pending yellow card suspensions hanging over him.

Great bloke and needs to be brought into the coaching set-up.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:42 pm

wink68 wrote:What was Bishop doing for the pen. I was like my defending at five a side.

It was Mal Benning who gave the penalty away.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

It was Mal Benning who gave the penalty away.

Yes after Bishop turned his back on their lad and let him in the box.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Just rewatching that first goal, what is Benning doing? Doesn't close down the shot then jumps out the way of the ball and turns his back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:02 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Just rewatching that first goal, what is Benning doing? Doesn't close down the shot then jumps out the way of the ball and turns his back.

I spotted that. I partly blame him for that goal in the same way that I partly blame CJ Hamilton for not closing down Conor Grant against Plymouth. A little bit more pressure on the player having the shot may have caused them to rush it and not hit the ball as well. CJ was slow to react against Plymouth and Mal was slow to react against Col U. Col U would also not have had two players on the edge of the area if we had left a player up front.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:30 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Just rewatching that first goal, what is Benning doing? Doesn't close down the shot then jumps out the way of the ball and turns his back.

I spotted that. I partly blame him for that goal in the same way that I partly blame CJ Hamilton for not closing down Conor Grant against Plymouth. A little bit more pressure on the player having the shot may have caused them to rush it and not hit the ball as well. CJ was slow to react against Plymouth and Mal was slow to react against Col U. Col U would also not have had two players on the edge of the area if we had left a player up front.

That the biggest difference from last season. No pressure on the ball. Teams have all the time in the world to pass through us. We can blame the players Bish, Macca, Shaunessy, Mellis, Ottis, Tomlinson, CJ, Donahue, Smith. But they can't all be lazy or slow. It's the way they are told to play by the manager.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:54 am

Drop Macca and Bishop move Benning and Gorden into midfield and bring White and Clarke in as full backs problem solved
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimstag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

His age is showing now... hes done. Ran out of steam last year and how we didn't replace him ill never know!

Wasn’t that supposed to be Donahue.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:15 pm

wink68 wrote:

That the biggest difference from last season. No pressure on the ball. Teams have all the time in the world to pass through us. We can blame the players Bish, Macca, Shaunessy, Mellis, Ottis, Tomlinson, CJ, Donahue, Smith. But they can't all be lazy or slow. It's the way they are told to play by the manager.

Donahue?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:39 pm

The One wrote:
wink68 wrote:

Donahue?

Played against Morecombe in league Cup. Just tried to list all this seasons midfield that none of them have got anywhere near their man to stop the opposion passing through us so easy.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum