{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby zod » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:07 am

Sedgwick wrote:
zod wrote:Does anyone else get the impression that the Radfords have now lost interest in the club?
They seem very quiet and the Portugal bolthole seem rather convenient.

No... if they lost interest they would sell it and leave.

As we know selling a football club isn't as simple as sticking a jumper on ebay.
It's just the impression I'm getting.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 am

The issue can only be money IMO. Hymas mentioned it yesterday in his Facebook posts about how expensive it is to sack a manager and backroom staff and appoint new ones.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:25 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The issue can only be money IMO. Hymas mentioned it yesterday in his Facebook posts about how expensive it is to sack a manager and backroom staff and appoint new ones.

Well that may be generally true Musings but if JR is half the businessman I suspect he is i just can't believe he offered a massive long length contract to a rookie unproven manager. He would hopefully given him a 12 month one with a clause to renegotiate based on performance. ...well that's what I'd have done matey.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The issue can only be money IMO. Hymas mentioned it yesterday in his Facebook posts about how expensive it is to sack a manager and backroom staff and appoint new ones.

I really hope they are all only on 1 year contracts.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Well that may be generally true Musings but if JR is half the businessman I suspect he is i just can't believe he offered a massive long length contract to a rookie unproven manager. He would hopefully given him a 12 month one with a clause to renegotiate based on performance. ...well that's what I'd have done matey.

Not sure about that, we already know he put some sort of ridiculous clause in JD's contract preventing him from being demoted back to the youth team within 6 months.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 am

It may be costly to get rid, but if we can appoint a proper manager with a decent track record there is value in him having this time in the second half of this season to assess and gear up towards next year, with this one being basically a write off. Evans and Flitcroft both had good records, joined mid-season, strengthened in the summer, then had us competing for automatic promotion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am

Not sacking him has cost £75k this week in lost prize funds in “winnable games”
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:52 am

Radford’s are apparently sticking by Dempster. Worrying times!
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Brough wrote:Radford’s are apparently sticking by Dempster. Worrying times!

Heard this from a decent source or surmising due to lack of action?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:23 pm

zod wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
zod wrote:Does anyone else get the impression that the Radfords have now lost interest in the club?
They seem very quiet and the Portugal bolthole seem rather convenient.

No... if they lost interest they would sell it and leave.

As we know selling a football club isn't as simple as sticking a jumper on ebay.
It's just the impression I'm getting.

Exactly. The club owns him/OC millions (5 roughly) then there is the ground (2 million) and the training facility.

To buy club would properly cost in the region of £10m to get something worth $3/4m on paper. Never going to happen.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Brough wrote:Radford’s are apparently sticking by Dempster. Worrying times!

where have you heard this?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:38 pm

There is no logical reason to stick by him.

It's not as if he has been unlucky, we're getting outshot every game.
It's not as if he's good at organising a defence or we're prolific in attack, we're poor in both departments.
It's not as if he hasn't had a chance to rectify things.

The board are sleepwalking. Carolyn hasn't posted anything on instagram since the weekend, are they even in the country?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:40 pm

What on earth are the board playing at?

It can appear ungrateful questioning the Radfords, but we must accept that under their stewardship, they may well take us back to the Conference because they a) employed Dempster, and b) wont replace Dempster with a proven experienced manager.

It may seemed far fetched, but we are relegation fodder, make no mistake.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Everybody has heard he’s stopping but nobody says where from .its all hush,hush,nod nod or could be Fake news
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Silence from the board achieves nothing. If they’re going to make the awful decision to keep him on then let fans know. If not get a bloody move on and relieve him of his duties.

The atmosphere is going to turn toxic. When there’s this level of unrest you can’t just ignore it, it’s damaging to the club.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm

No one knows anything apart from the board.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We are in the thick of a banter era aren't we for our club. Laughing stock.

If JD stays, the owners and the board will have confirmed their ineptitude on football matters.

And before anyone says anything about the appointments of Flitcroft and Evans, or the youth academy being built as examples of football acumen, it's worth bearing mind that the amount of coin they have should yield those types of moves anyway. Any rich person could make them. This whole sorry saga is a clear showing of a lack of football comprehension.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:01 pm

WVStag wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: We are in the thick of a banter era aren't we for our club. Laughing stock.

If JD stays, the owners and the board will have confirmed their ineptitude on football matters.

And before anyone says anything about the appointments of Flitcroft and Evans, or the youth academy being built as examples of football acumen, it's worth bearing mind that the amount of coin they have should yield those types of moves anyway. Any rich person could make them. This whole sorry saga is a clear showing of a lack of football comprehension.

Can’t knock this post. Even if they sacked him today it will be far far too late. Most fans recognised that Dempster didn’t have it in him 3 months ago.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm

In complete disbelief he is staying, the most inept manager we have had and the board are doing nothing to end this madness.

Luckily only one team goes down this year or else I would be very worried.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:16 pm

In their defence, they were giving him a fair crack of the whip.

But they will have to decide on 2 options now imo

Replace Dempster before the window opens to give the new manager time to sort out the inadequacies.

Ride out the storm and risk backing him in the knowledge that there is only one relegation spot this season.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 pm

A bit of a radical thought but could this be the board standing up to player power?

It would appear that most of the senior players want to see the back of Mr Dempster and are taking action to get him removed. If the board are aware of this (is it possible they couldn't be?) are they making the point that they are in charge and not the players. If that is the case, we either need a big influx of players in January or to get ready for non league football again as standards are dropping so quickly that I'm beginning to think we could well be bottom.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:07 pm

I've come to the conclusion JD isn't going anywhere fast.
Look at our squad its thread bare in every area no defenders on the bench or squad who are match fit to push 1st team players same in midfield n now Strikers.

We have youngsters on the bench who JD is protecting by not playing them until the 80th+ minute.

We have senior players in their last year of contract n can move on in June 2020 so there allegiance to JD is zero their getting paid whatever the performance or how they train each week.......

January window will be more players leaving for a profit than players incoming for a fee.

This is the 1st season for a long time I've not heard the manager say he's chasing players from clubs like Forest Derby etc on loan......

I said it a few weeks ago the board/Radford have looked at the problems at Bury realised the one team relegated place to take stock on finances

No big wage on a manager n his sidekick no expense on big player wages in all areas

Fan base is above 4000 (only gamble the board are taking to keep it there) keeping the club on breaking even with costs to run the club for a season......

The board are treating the fans like a mum n dad who treat their screaming kids when they can't get their own way let's ignore them they don't see or understand the big picture that sometimes you've got to go without to survive another day/season to enjoy good times together.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I've come to the conclusion JD isn't going anywhere fast.
Look at our squad its thread bare in every area no defenders on the bench or squad who are match fit to push 1st team players same in midfield n now Strikers.

We have youngsters on the bench who JD is protecting by not playing them until the 80th+ minute.

We have senior players in their last year of contract n can move on in June 2020 so there allegiance to JD is zero their getting paid whatever the performance or how they train each week.......

January window will be more players leaving for a profit than players incoming for a fee.

This is the 1st season for a long time I've not heard the manager say he's chasing players from clubs like Forest Derby etc on loan......

I said it a few weeks ago the board/Radford have looked at the problems at Bury realised the one team relegated place to take stock on finances

No big wage on a manager n his sidekick no expense on big player wages in all areas

Fan base is above 4000 (only gamble the board are taking to keep it there) keeping the club on breaking even with costs to run the club for a season......

The board are treating the fans like a mum n dad who treat their screaming kids when they can't get their own way let's ignore them they don't see or understand the big picture that sometimes you've got to go without to survive another day/season to enjoy good times together.....

Plenty of those on here!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:28 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I've come to the conclusion JD isn't going anywhere fast.

Good post . To me it seems an obvious cost cutting exercise by JR . Living abroad helps the club regarding FFP
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Does everyone forgot Maynard is probably on about 4k a week.. We paid 6 figures for Andy Cook, paid a fee for Gordon. Also the Leeds lad won't be cheap if we are contributing to any of his 9k a week wage. its not a cost cutting exercise.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum