{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Exactly, it’s just people thinking too much.

we another another load of money in the summer, but ultimately we got it way wrong with the manager.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:A bit of a radical thought but could this be the board standing up to player power?

It would appear that most of the senior players want to see the back of Mr Dempster and are taking action to get him removed. If the board are aware of this (is it possible they couldn't be?) are they making the point that they are in charge and not the players. If that is the case, we either need a big influx of players in January or to get ready for non league football again as standards are dropping so quickly that I'm beginning to think we could well be bottom.

Or showing the fans who is in charge :cry: :cry:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Today is the day

He still here.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Today is the day

He still here.

Tick Tock :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Does everyone forgot Maynard is probably on about 4k a week.. We paid 6 figures for Andy Cook, paid a fee for Gordon. Also the Leeds lad won't be cheap if we are contributing to any of his 9k a week wage. its not a cost cutting exercise.

Agreed. The intentions for this season were never about cutting costs, it was about promotion.

Maynard is here because we will be paying him more than anybody else was willing to. Like you say we payed 6 figures for Cook.. doesn’t exactly look like a cost cutting exercise does it?

Also, if we were conscious of the budget then we’d probably have kept Flitcroft in charge. It’s undoubtedly been more expensive to pay him and his staff up, promote Dempster and appoint his backroom staff than it would have been to just stay as we were.

We lose Jones, we sign Gordon
We lose Walker, we sign Maynard
We lose Grant, we sign Cook
We lose Turner, we sign Shaugnessy

There’s not going to be huge difference it what we are paying out this season. The opinion that the expectation wasn’t promotion is just a narrative that suits Dempsters failings.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Jamie wrote:
zod wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
zod wrote:Does anyone else get the impression that the Radfords have now lost interest in the club?
They seem very quiet and the Portugal bolthole seem rather convenient.

No... if they lost interest they would sell it and leave.

As we know selling a football club isn't as simple as sticking a jumper on ebay.
It's just the impression I'm getting.

Exactly. The club owns him/OC millions (5 roughly) then there is the ground (2 million) and the training facility.

To buy club would properly cost in the region of £10m to get something worth $3/4m on paper. Never going to happen.

Am I correct in thinking that the ground ownership is with a JR-owned company separate from MTFC?
And, isn’t the Woburn Road property co-owned by JR and SH?

Take those out of the equation, and the club isn’t actually worth much and it has debts to JR and One Call. The remaining loans owed to the “Amigos” were converted to shares and do not figure on the balance sheet.

If someone covered JRs debts he might relinquish ownership to them. He could then lease the ground to the new owners (de ja vu anyone?)

An unlikely scenario (in the short term anyway)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:57 pm

JR promised to put the ground in the fans name once the Dark Lord’s terms had past
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:JR promised to put the ground in the fans name once the Dark Lord’s terms had past

... and HAS he?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:JR promised to put the ground in the fans name once the Dark Lord’s terms had past

... and HAS he?

as i stated his terms haven’t past yet HAVE they!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:02 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

... and HAS he?

Think last payment as been made?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:02 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:A bit of a radical thought but could this be the board standing up to player power?

It would appear that most of the senior players want to see the back of Mr Dempster and are taking action to get him removed. If the board are aware of this (is it possible they couldn't be?) are they making the point that they are in charge and not the players. If that is the case, we either need a big influx of players in January or to get ready for non league football again as standards are dropping so quickly that I'm beginning to think we could well be bottom.

Showing the fans ‘who’s in charge’ by not making the obvious and correct decision would be dumb though wouldn’t it.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Why have we gone from a manager being replaced to a scenario where we are questioning our chairman and his intentions
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm

spanishstag wrote:Why have we gone from a manager being replaced to a scenario where we are questioning our chairman and his intentions

Me and plenty of others aren’t questioning their intentions, we are questioning their football brains. If they genuinely think Dempster deserves more time, then they’re being incredibly thick aren’t they. It’s daft that he wasn’t sacked weeks ago.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Showing the fans ‘who’s in charge’ by not making the obvious and correct decision would be dumb though wouldn’t it.

Well all the clever buggers are on here ,i think jr could ride it out ,in fact after some of the abuse some on here are happy to give out ,if it were me i would keep it and let the buggers stamp there feet every week ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:14 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Well all the clever buggers are on here ,i think jr could ride it out ,in fact after some of the abuse some on here are happy to give out ,if it were me i would keep it and let the buggers stamp there feet every week ,

Are we 'clever buggars' or are we people with good levels of football comprehension?

The right thing to do where a football decision is concerned is to sack him. That is the truth. If you can't get your head round that that's no ones fault but your own.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:15 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Are we 'clever buggars' or are we people with good levels of football comprehension?

I think anyone with a good level of football comprehension can see it’s a disaster and he should go (and gone some while ago)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm

And the clever buggers who will be stamping their feet as they walk away from the Mill, perhaps to never go back, until coomonsense prevails and JD resigns or sacked.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm

The One wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

... and HAS he?

Think last payment as been made?

I think there is a sell on clause as well, and to give it away or sell it for peanuts could be considered an attemptto defraud.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:05 pm

I think JR also said that he would always keep the ground separate from the ownership of the club itself. This was precisely to prevent another Haslam situation arising again in the future.

That's not only a honourable thing to do now but will protect the club long after he has left.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think JR also said that he would always keep the ground separate from the ownership of the club itself. This was precisely to prevent another Haslam situation arising again in the future.

That's not only a honourable thing to do now but will protect the club long after he has left.

very true, even though we have sorted the payment & it’s been paid, there is a period of time think it’s 10 yrs or so were he cannot sign it over, TTF will tell the exact wording
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:14 pm

I am told JD has a clause in his contact where it is reviewed every six months, that deadline is imminent (Yes I know he has been in place longer than 6 months but the review date is VERY close....i.e...nearly 6 months till last game of season)
If this is true, a decision will be made very soon and IF the decision is to relieve him of his duties I imagine it could save the club a hell of a lot of money in severance pay etc !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:17 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

The right thing to do where a football decision is concerned is to sack him. That is the truth. If you can't get your head round that that's no ones fault but your own.

The truth is anyone with any level of football comprehension ,would not have bought MTFC it was a lost cause but JR did and saved the club ,but some feel free to critiscise his footballing acumen ,whilst scratching around on the bones of there arses its a joke :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Johnny H wrote:I am told JD has a clause in his contact where it is reviewed every six months, that deadline is imminent (Yes I know he has been in place longer than 6 months but the review date is VERY close....i.e...nearly 6 months till last game of season)
If this is true, a decision will be made very soon and IF the decision is to relieve him of his duties I imagine it could save the club a hell of a lot of money in severance pay etc !!!

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being likely to not be true & 10 being a complete banker
how good is your info ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Johnny H wrote:I am told JD has a clause in his contact where it is reviewed every six months, that deadline is imminent (Yes I know he has been in place longer than 6 months but the review date is VERY close....i.e...nearly 6 months till last game of season)

This sounds plausible
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 pm

The One wrote:

This sounds plausible

Do we know the same person?! :lol:

Someone told me this week that Derby will get a new investor who's worth £2Billion(WOW) and that Dempster will be the manager until the end of the season unless he doesn't pass his review at the half way mark of the season.

Cheltenham win could end it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum