{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby James » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:26 am

Dan wrote:
James wrote:Didn’t Radford say a while back that they never hire or sack a manager unless all the board members agree to it. Something tells me with this that JR & CR want to cut their losses and get rid of JR ASAP, and the directors closer to the youth team set up want him to be given longer.

Blimey the plot thickens ;)

It’s one messy divorce :lol:
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
James wrote:Didn’t Radford say a while back that they never hire or sack a manager unless all the board members agree to it. Something tells me with this that JR & CR want to cut their losses and get rid of JR ASAP, and the directors closer to the youth team set up want him to be given longer.

But if that's correct how does it sit with Carolyn openly stating that she didn't want to sack Mr Flitcroft?

JR maybe twisted her arm. Now shes digging in a bit more and wants more time for JD...

Also now it's not just her, we have the likes of SH backing him too. In the summer is was perhaps just her as we know SH had beef with DF.

Waiting for a unanimous decision from the board is clearly hurting us. The majority of fans can see it's not working. I was always under the impression that decisions, especially at board room level, worked on a majority. Some people will always have differing views.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm

As a season ticket holder, I am seriously considering weather or not to bother this Saturday. It’s not the losing that I’m fearful off but it’s the dire football. I just don’t fancy sitting in the cold, watching us play for a 0-0 draw in an hostile field mill. Shopping as Asda sounds more appealing!

Change has never been more needed, I suspect this Saturday will see a below 4K crowd!

This experiment has failed, please put him out his misery....
Last edited by adsstag on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Asda, have you been peeking at my diary, the only drawback is its next to Stadium MK, I shudder when I see that place.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Can we close this foot stamping thread now please ,the boss man is not listening to the screaming mob ,lets just all get behind the club ,not try and provoke unrest on saturday ,and then think at least we have a club
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Been shown some interesting comments made by Mr Hymas on Facebook Stags Chat page this afternoon (not on Facebook before I'm asked to copy them).

You can have his share of the club for £2.5m (i'm sure made in jest), didn't necessarily want to appoint Dempster in the first place and didn't openly say it but seems Dempster allegedly has two games left.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Been shown some interesting comments made by Mr Hymas on Facebook Stags Chat page this afternoon (not on Facebook before I'm asked to copy them).

You can have his share of the club for £2.5m (i'm sure made in jest), didn't necessarily want to appoint Dempster in the first place and didn't openly say it but seems Dempster allegedly has two games left.

Cant fault the bloke ,if its true ,why would you want to own part of a club whose fans are so vitriolic ,we are having a poor season ,its tough ,but not terminal
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 pm

It gets to the point where you wonder if the town really wants a football club at all. All we get is raspberries for spending our own money on someone else’s pleasure .
If it ain’t the manager ,it’s the staff,it’s the stewards,it’s the ticket office etc .
It’s just becoming a pain in the arse to be honest .
We don’t get paid for putting up with this raspberries .
Just give me £2.5 million and you can have my shares ,training facility and my place on the board ,the lot .
PM me if your interested.

Brady Michael Moody It’s criminal how the club has been turned on .
Not going anymore etc etc .
If you think it’s not about money then try running a club without any .
Who will pay for a new manager and back room staff .
I tell you now it’s not the tooth fairy .

Joshua Chadburn I’m not having a go at you pal .Its just a negative spin is put on everything we try and do .It will kill the club eventually .
Other managers see it .Potential signings see it .Anybody with an ounce of common can see it .
Anyway I’m off to Vale tonight .

N W Barsby My head won’t fit up my arse but if you want the honest truth it was not my idea to appoint Dempster .I don’t back him to the hilt but you have to stick by a manager while he is here.
We could have got rid of Flitcroft When he raspberried up the first season but we stuck by him while he was here.
We do tend to give managers a fair crack of the whip .Dempster is getting his now .

Is what Steve Hymas said
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:32 pm

So it’s the fans fault?

Again
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:43 pm

we get your comments SH and blimey do we appreciate what you and JR do for the club, but we also put our money in, yes not on the scale that you do but then in general our bank balances are not what yours are and fair play to you and your success in life, but please if your not going to replace JD, ask him to entertain us this boring play across the back, negative at pieces losing football is hurting our club, I'd rather attack and try to play and lose then sit watching this dross and still get beat.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 pm

To be fair anyone who knows Steve well enough will know he will be just as p££ed off with how the season is panning out as the rest of us , yes he’s a fan but you need to respect he’s also a director of our club and that comes with responsibility’s most of us wouldn’t have a clue about .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:09 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:It gets to the point where you wonder if the town really wants a football club at all. All we get is raspberries for spending our own money on someone else’s pleasure .
If it ain’t the manager ,it’s the staff,it’s the stewards,it’s the ticket office etc .

Of course the town wants a football club Mr Hymas but they want to feel it's some thing that they can emotionally and financially invest in even if they don't have the financial acumen that you do.

We want a club that plays like it wants to win the league not finish at the bottom. Yes we want the staff to lead from the front. We want the ticket office to serve us with a smile and not make us feel guilty they've had to answer the phone. And yes we want to the stewards to stop acting like they are something out of the old East German stasi.

The people are grateful to you all for the financial and other efforts you put into the club but that doesn't mean you are unaccountable when this disastrous appointment is left to continue to ruin the season and that the other issues can't be improved like any customer service orientated business would do.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:It gets to the point where you wonder if the town really wants a football club at all. All we get is raspberries for spending our own money on someone else’s pleasure .

Of course the town wants a football club Mr Hymas but they want to feel it's some thing that they can emotionally and financially invest in even if they don't have the financial acumen that you do.

We want a club that plays like it wants to win the league not finish at the bottom. Yes we want the staff to lead from the front. We want the ticket office to serve us with a smile and not make us feel guilty they've had to answer the phone. And yes we want to the stewards to stop acting like they are something out of the old East German stasi.

The people are grateful to you all for the financial and other efforts you put into the club but that doesn't mean you are unaccountable when this disastrous appointment is left to continue to ruin the season and that the other issues can't be improved like any customer service orientated business would do.

So you keep posting has he gone yet you and your like keep posting drivel ,its the boards fault etc ,all full of bullshine ,but lacking in serious input ,end of rant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

So you keep posting has he gone yet you and your like keep posting drivel ,its the boards fault etc ,all full of bullshine ,but lacking in serious input ,end of rant

"Me and my like" "posting drivel"....it's called opinions Spanish...formulated, thought out and expressed opinions ...at least we have them and don't blow with the wind like you do.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Has the MUPPET gone yet ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Dear Steve Hymas - don’t get too mardy.

Most Stags fans are frustrated and disappointed at the way this season is unravelling, as I am sure you are. Some fans (on here/in the stands) simply cannot cope with the situation without resorting to verbal and often very personal abuse. Most of these are behaving like morons and their actions DO NOT represent those of the majority.

The clear thinking majority are without doubt grateful to the club’s ownership and they respect that the Directors have made huge financial investment in the club.

That doesn’t mean that you and your colleagues are somehow exempt from criticism. There are lots of things that the Club could do better. Many of these have been stated by others. Suffice it to say that “the customer experience” at The One Call Stadium (still Field Mill to most of us) is at times woeful.

The reality is what the fans really want is SUCCESS. More than that, they want to be ENTERTAINED. They will tolerate a lack of success and entertainment providing they can witness the playing staff giving EVERYTHING on the park.

At present, we are getting NONE OF THE ABOVE most of the time.

The team under John Dempster is FAILING ALL OF US. Inevitably, if nothing gets done about this, the fans will eventually direct their criticism at John Dempster’s employers.

I know that isn’t necessarily fair, but life isn’t always fair.

I’m not attempting to defend some of the moronic actions of the minority and YOU should not base your opinions of the club’s supporters on this sample. To do otherwise would be STUPID.

You’re not stupid, so please don’t talk petulantly about “getting out”. It doesn’t become you.

PS: Please rip down that monstrous failure of a scoreboard!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:58 pm

Some good points Edders.

Where I do have some sympathy with what Steve says is those posting on here (including me) aren’t putting any money in to get rid of JD. (Yes, I know the fans pay to watch the team/for a season ticket but as paying customers we don’t get to choose the manager any more than we get to choose the CEO of Apple because we buy an iPhone. If we don’t like the ‘product’ or ‘experience’ then we don’t have to buy it. That goes for next weeks match or next years season ticket or whatever).

The club needs to make a business decision (which is tied up with a footballing decision) as to whether they spend the money and make the change or jot. Yes, it’s the fans’ choice as to whether they want to turn up and yes the board no doubt need to take that into account in making their decision, but that’s the long and short of it.

Factored into all of that is whether the funds are available. That’s a matter for JR and CR.

(None of this is to defend JD or whether or changing manager is a good idea (it may well be), just to point out that it’s not as simple as saying a new manager should be appointed).

I now fully expect to get responses that ignore the points I’ve made!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Spiritater wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Spiritater probably speaks for many in anger and frustration but its a bit strong to say all the players are gutless and clueless as the clues have to come mainly from the 'Manager' surely but I am not sure we have the very best players currently to do the full promotion bit either, seem to be very average League 2 mid tablish.

Guts, balls or spunk if you like come from within tilly. The manager does not affect their ability to challenge for a 2nd ball or chase down a lost cause once in a while. Most of this lot are seasoned pros, they should do basics like that as a matter of course.
We've players like Clogger in the team who would've struggled to get in Cox's non league side such is his lack of ability. This usually results in him doing something crass and getting booked or s/o.
They as you say are average. Who honestly believes this team have the ability, desire and balls to get in the POs even with Klopp in charge.

Actually you will be surprised how much aanager can affect the players and their abilities. We managed play offs very comfortably last season so this side certainly has the ability to get there. What's changed? The manager and their coaching staff. They train their players which get them playing how the manager wants to play, developing understandings between players (case in point: Mellis and CJ, how many times did CJ and Mellis play a 1-2 to set CJ through behind the defence?)

Best I can describe it is training is getting the players into "habits" of doing things. Including, but not limited to, positioning, when to get forwards, when to defend, what to do when defending set pieces, who to pass to etc etc.
It's also why some players play well for one club and badly for another, he can't adjust. Which is what I suspect has happened this season JD wants them to play a different way to last season and the players confidence is shot because they aren't playing to the same level as last season, further evidence is going from SE to DF. DF wanted better fitness and to pass it more but the players were trained to get it forwards early and the players faltered. Look at Danny Rose, under Evans he was expecting balls to his head, DF changed this and he didn't score again the rest of that season. Last season Danny was utilised as a forward who pressed the goalkeeper and defence, hence his goals were from forcing errors and chasing lost balls. This season we've gone back to long ball and his goal tally went up.

We've gone from successful attacking football to unsuccessful long ball, it will affect the players. If we ended up like SE who employed successful long ball there wouldn't be much of an issue. SE likes a large squad so he can rotate players to keep them fit (remember his claim that Mellis can't play 2 games in a row?) but Demps has inherited a small squad (in comparison) and from what I've heard they don't do nearly as much fitness work as Flitcroft did. So we can't go all out attack or we will burn out.

This isn't football manager where you can release the whole backroom staff and can see all the coaches abilities and sign good ones to give you an edge. Same with players. Look at my post in the football manager thread, we'd bite clubs hands off for them values for those players.

Short version: Demps needs to either walk or give up hoping these players will continue to want to play smash n grab football. Everybody knows they are capable of a much higher standard of what's being played. Demps is a young manager and has time to settle on how he likes to play.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

"Me and my like" "posting drivel"....it's called opinions Spanish...formulated, thought out and expressed opinions ...at least we have them and don't blow with the wind like you do.

But your formulated and well thought out posts are not reasonating with the owners of our club ,so here endeth the lesson ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:03 pm

SH, it’s just got to the point where we can all see the need for a managerial change. Some lose their heads, some keep on going and some will find other ways of amusing themselves until the change is made. I’m grateful for all you guys do for our club, but it’s my money too. I would get rid of any faulty goods I buy, and by the same token will spend my cash elsewhere until JD has been removed. This is mainly due to the complete lack of entertainment on the pitch, caused by JD. The rest of the club you’re building is doing very well and I will still support those areas financially ie SP bar. This decision has been a disaster. At least under DF I felt I got value for money and entertainment. I also felt more entertained in the BS years. Hopefully sanity will be restored to the board soon. Two games to go!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:16 pm

We should remember that our admission prices are very high for a league 2 club. Forest fans I know laugh when they see how much we pay. That's ok as long as we are getting a quality product or something that remotely resembles an above average team which is performing to its abilities.

If that standard of product is not there fans will complain vociferously. If those complaints aren't heeded, the casual fans will simply stop coming and won't come back in a hurry.

Mr Hymas should realise that not everyone is as passionate about the club as he is and simply won't put up with the dross being served up. I acknowledge the time and effort as well as the cash that he puts in but he has to acknowledge that he is combining a much loved hobby with a business investment. When he does eventually sell his shares he will get a good return on them and have had a tremendous experience during his time with the club. The average fan gets no return other than the enjoyment of the matches he/she watches. You get nothing for used tickets after the match has ended unlike shares which normally go up in value as long as the club maintains its league status.

Try looking at it from that viewpoint Mr Hymas and things may not be quite as rosy.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:34 pm

SP, I doubt very much indeed there will be profit to be had (overall) out of owning shares in a lower league club. Most owners need to view it as a (very) expensive and potentially enjoyable hobby. There’s no money to be made out of lower league club ownership, largely the funding of losses.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:39 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:SP, I doubt very much indeed there will be profit to be had (overall) out of owning shares in a lower league club. Most owners need to view it as a (very) expensive and potentially enjoyable hobby. There’s no money to be made out of lower league club ownership, largely the funding of losses.

Was ok till your last sentence, Hasaloan did ok out of it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:SP, I doubt very much indeed there will be profit to be had (overall) out of owning shares in a lower league club. Most owners need to view it as a (very) expensive and potentially enjoyable hobby. There’s no money to be made out of lower league club ownership, largely the funding of losses.

And how many million did nearly bankrupt, being dragged through the courts, non ground owning relegated Notts County sell for? Of course clubs are worthless - until you try to buy one that is.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 pm

I want to know where Hymas has spent 2.5m... he converted his loans to shares but that was a few hundred grand. Where has the rest gone and why isn't it in our accounts... or maybe hes valuing his shares that high after all the recent success we've had :)
Jamie
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum