{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:On Carolyn’s Instagram this morning she has reaffirmed that our aim for this season is ‘PROMOTION!! We have one of the top budgets.

The 3rd time the promotion objective has been reaffirmed. Dempster needs to start closing the gap sharpish or the patience of the owners will wear thin. With being 7 points behind the playoffs and having played more games than 6th & 7th, realistically we can’t afford to drop any further behind the pack full stop.

On the day the club launch half season tickets?? Funny that....

I think regardless of what the Board say publicly in terms of our ambition, even if it is the reality they're never going to publicly come out and say that "JD is part of a longer term plan and we're happy to accept this season is one for consolidation, learning, building, etc. and if we do get promotion, massive bonus". It's the balance of keeping the momentum / enthusiasm whilst keeping to a strategy they obviously feel is the direction to go in.

When appointing JD for this season, did the Board truly believe that after coming close in previous years with managers who've track records of promotions, that a complete rookie could do what they couldn't? I'm going to credit them by believing they genuinely did not think that, and that they're trying to do something different, something more medium term.

I don’t know why anyone keeps talking about budgets as if that gives us a right to a promotion place. You don’t (automatically) get any points for how much you pay your players

Stop being daft. Having a top 3 budget obviously means that we should be competing at the top end of the table. Ya know, Radford pays top money to try and get top results.

You’re completely missing my point or perhaps you are being sarcastic, I don’t know .

Paying top wages should mean that. What I’m saying is people sometimes say well we’ve got one of the top budgets as if that means the league is going to ring us up and give us extra points for it. Put another way budget means nothing if you don’t score more goals than the other teams often enough.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Genuinely happy that we’ve got a month off from watching that shower at home (depending on the 2nd round draw). Feel like that’s the sort of break we need. It’s getting too much.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Just listened to his boring delusional dross on the radio...."we did the basics well"....)like he'll we did... why we're the substitutions so late and why wasn't Mellis the first one on.

Dempster has "defensive " tattooed on him somewhere.

Absolute boring rubbish. I hope JR and CR noticed the lack of atmosphere.

Anyone else notice that the didnt give us the attendance today. People voting with their feet. I doubt there was 2000
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Just listened to his boring delusional dross on the radio...."we did the basics well"....)like he'll we did... why we're the substitutions so late and why wasn't Mellis the first one on.

Anyone else notice that the didnt give us the attendance today. People voting with their feet. I doubt there was 2000

Not surprised at £15 a ticket.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Just listened to his boring delusional dross on the radio...."we did the basics well"....)like he'll we did... why we're the substitutions so late and why wasn't Mellis the first one on.

On Twitter:

Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:On Carolyn’s Instagram this morning she has reaffirmed that our aim for this season is ‘PROMOTION!! We have one of the top budgets.

The 3rd time the promotion objective has been reaffirmed. Dempster needs to start closing the gap sharpish or the patience of the owners will wear thin. With being 7 points behind the playoffs and having played more games than 6th & 7th, realistically we can’t afford to drop any further behind the pack full stop.

On the day the club launch half season tickets?? Funny that....

I think regardless of what the Board say publicly in terms of our ambition, even if it is the reality they're never going to publicly come out and say that "JD is part of a longer term plan and we're happy to accept this season is one for consolidation, learning, building, etc. and if we do get promotion, massive bonus". It's the balance of keeping the momentum / enthusiasm whilst keeping to a strategy they obviously feel is the direction to go in.

When appointing JD for this season, did the Board truly believe that after coming close in previous years with managers who've track records of promotions, that a complete rookie could do what they couldn't? I'm going to credit them by believing they genuinely did not think that, and that they're trying to do something different, something more medium term.

I don’t know why anyone keeps talking about budgets as if that gives us a right to a promotion place. You don’t (automatically) get any points for how much you pay your players

Stop being daft. Having a top 3 budget obviously means that we should be competing at the top end of the table. Ya know, Radford pays top money to try and get top results.

You’re completely missing my point or perhaps you are being sarcastic, I don’t know .

Paying top wages should mean that. What I’m saying is people sometimes say well we’ve got one of the top budgets as if that means the league is going to ring us up and give us extra points for it. Put another way budget means nothing if you don’t score more goals than the other teams often enough.

You are correct NLS. The thing is having a top three budget (which in itself is not proven) guarantees zilch. Problem is those that believe it does will continue to be disappointed. Football is no different to any other business in that regard ( if the resources arnt managed properly the end result will suffer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Do people feel Accrington should have had their title win taken off them the other season? On the grounds of not spending enough to deserve it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 pm

I spent a fortune on some high quality golf clubs. Didn’t improve my game. Spent a few bob on some coaching and my handicap came down by 4.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:41 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Do people feel Accrington should have had their title win taken off them the other season? On the grounds of not spending enough to deserve it.

But by the same token there's a good reason clubs like Man City & Chelsea went from being utter gash for decades to being 2 of the most successful clubs in England.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:53 pm

I was all for giving JD until December but after today

Late out for the warm up - why
No game plan from the kick off
No player in mid field when corners and free kick are taken
Having the goal mouth watered at half time so Rose slips
Leaving Bishop on when he spent the second half spoiling for a fight with one of their player
Only subbing when the West Stand were telling him to make a decision. Left to JD it would have been the usual 85th min
Putting Rose on in mid field

Nice guy but clueless
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 pm

It's 7.42pm and the Forum activity has almost died and disappeared.

Seems like the fans are so disillusioned that they can't even be bothered to add to the posts knowing it's unlikely anything will change anytime soon.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Do people feel Accrington should have had their title win taken off them the other season? On the grounds of not spending enough to deserve it.

But by the same token there's a good reason clubs like Man City & Chelsea went from being utter gash for decades to being 2 of the most successful clubs in England.

Of course, buying the best certainly helps. Down here though we are competeing for the best players and trying to avoid players looking for one last big pay packet. the clubs you mention don't really sign "has been" players. They can pay the best and can get the best. We could payt the best in league 2 but have far greater danger of signing duds.

by the same token should Leicster's title win be taken off them because they didn't spend as much as Man City and Chelsea?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:37 pm

He should resign he has lost the fans and I feel the players also.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 am

Are the results good enough? NO

Are the performances good enough? NO

Are there any signs of improvement? NO

Should JD be given more time....... NO and if Yes Why?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Are the results good enough? NO

Are the performances good enough? NO

Are there any signs of improvement? NO

Should JD be given more time....... NO and if Yes Why?

Will JR grow a pair and admit it was the wrong appointment?.... NO
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 am

Is there anyone still following mansfield who thinks dempster is the right choice?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:55 pm

adamstag wrote:Is there anyone still following mansfield who thinks dempster is the right choice?

Some of "the board" apparently.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:It's 7.42pm and the Forum activity has almost died and disappeared.

Seems like the fans are so disillusioned that they can't even be bothered to add to the posts knowing it's unlikely anything will change anytime soon.

or it could be we've won for a change and are peed off with the moaning on here
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Not as far as I know.

Was that of any help?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm

victor A block wrote:
adamstag wrote:Is there anyone still following mansfield who thinks dempster is the right choice?

Some of "the board" apparently.

But they bleed and amber and blue so it's okay.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 pm

The One wrote:He should resign he has lost the fans and I feel the players also.

That's unlikely to happen.

The problem we have now is that this situation needs a complete 180 degree sea change.

Board members, staff and players are all Publicly having a pop back at the fans, and this could cause a damage in relations.

Thankfully football is fickle and a string of wins and half decent performances, and all this is chip-paper.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 am

I can't see any way back for Dempster now save a miracle and he changes his style but he is very set in his ways by the look of it.
Results will get rid of him and lower numbers for home games but I think they will leave it till we are plunging more to the bottom than the top.

Under JD there will be no promotion this season
We will stay up I think on a win a few lose a few basis.

I do feel sorry for JD he should not have been given this power, very decent guy doing his own thing which he thinks is the right way.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 am

tillydog123 wrote:I can't see any way back for Dempster now save a miracle and he changes his style but he is very set in his ways by the look of it.
Results will get rid of him and lower numbers for home games but I think they will leave it till we are plunging more to the bottom than the top.

Under JD there will be no promotion this season
We will stay up I think on a win a few lose a few basis.

I do feel sorry for JD he should not have been given this power, very decent guy doing his own thing which he thinks is the right way.

I concur
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:41 am

Careful what you wish for, how many managers did Clownty have and look at the result.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum