{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stewards

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stewards

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Dan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:The individual stewards who film on the mobile devices do not retain the footage. That was the point the police officer was making.
He did not say the footage was not retained by the club. Clearly the footage is potentially to be used by the club.

So where does the footage go then? If they are pointing it at an individual then clearly it is 'recording' thus being 'retained' on the mobile phone/in the security box. Whether it's being retained for 5 minutes or 5 days, it's still being retained. As I said, someone is telling porkies.

The footage goes to the club. It is not retained by the stewards. This is what the police officer was saying. I have no info other than what he said.
I can't see anywhere that the police officer is telling porkies.
You said "police had said about it not being retained/saved". The police officer never said that. He said it was not retained by the stewards.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:The individual stewards who film on the mobile devices do not retain the footage. That was the point the police officer was making.
He did not say the footage was not retained by the club. Clearly the footage is potentially to be used by the club.

So where does the footage go then? If they are pointing it at an individual then clearly it is 'recording' thus being 'retained' on the mobile phone/in the security box. Whether it's being retained for 5 minutes or 5 days, it's still being retained. As I said, someone is telling porkies.

The footage goes to the club. It is not retained by the stewards. This is what the police officer was saying. I have no info other than what he said.
I can't see anywhere that the police officer is telling porkies.
You said "police had said about it not being retained/saved". The police officer never said that. He said it was not retained by the stewards.

I can empathise with the civil liberties concerns being expressed, although I guess the decision to “pan” film is well-intended.

I’d have more faith in the police and security staff if they ACTUALLY did something about the behaviour of offending INDIVIDUALS.

We all witness the moronic foul language culprits, so why can’t the wearers of hi-viz?

Start dealing with the small number of offenders and you can put your cameras away.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 pm

I decided to give the game a miss today following the recent intimidating antics of our safety stewards. It hurt like mad to miss a home game particularly when on a rest day from work, but felt so unwelcome to attend the last two home games.

Was there any improvement in the stewards behaviour today? Were they on a charm offensive after recent criticism?

Back on road to The Macc next week. Difficult to stay away despite the poor performances on the field.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:15 pm

At the gate to the IGU today I was just behind a grey haired lady in her late 70s early 80s and the one of the blue bobbed response team guys actually searched her shopping bag. Can't say he did it with anything but pure politeness but come on......
Last edited by Chrisuknottm on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:08 am

Snowflake central on here. Wow. And what a shock to see the likes of Dan being negative about the police. No personal axe to grind there.

If you turn up and dont behave (in whatever form) expect those employed to protect fans and staff to film you, monitor or whatever. Its quite simple. If you think our stewards are the problem when 99% of fans have no issue with them - then your actually the problem.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 am

Chris M wrote:I decided to give the game a miss today following the recent intimidating antics of our safety stewards. It hurt like mad to miss a home game particularly when on a rest day from work, but felt so unwelcome to attend the last two home games.

Was there any improvement in the stewards behaviour today? Were they on a charm offensive after recent criticism?

Back on road to The Macc next week. Difficult to stay away despite the poor performances on the field.

Gave it a miss for the same reasons.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:47 am

Jamie wrote:Snowflake central on here. Wow. And what a shock to see the likes of Dan being negative about the police. No personal axe to grind there.

If you turn up and dont behave (in whatever form) expect those employed to protect fans and staff to film you, monitor or whatever. Its quite simple. If you think our stewards are the problem when 99% of fans have no issue with them - then your actually the problem.

You talk utter tripe. Muted you.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm

30 day snoozed
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum