{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scared to lose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scared to lose

Postby NorthLondonStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:23 pm

WVStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Why would anyone want to see the back of Steve or anyone on the board for that matter ? That would be crazy.

Why would that be crazy?

Because as I understand it he’s worked really hard for the club, has set up the training academy/pitch and put a load of his own cash in, including when the club was on its knees.

I don’t know if you are old enough to remember (that’s genuinely not a criticism or a jibe, just a factual question) but things got pretty bad in the days of KH. People weren’t worrying about whether we would get promotion, but whether the club could afford to pay its taxes.

None of us do everything right, and maybe this hasn’t (with hindsight) turned out to be the greatest managerial/board decision. Maybe he’s also not a footballing genius (along with probably 99 per cent of the people posting here, including me) but I think we can cut the guy just a little bit of slack can’t we, given the investment and efforts he’s made.

Remember also it’s easy for us to say (a) sack the manager (b) buy new players, but we aren’t the ones writing the cheque.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:24 pm

WVStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Why would anyone want to see the back of Steve or anyone on the board for that matter ? That would be crazy.

Why would that be crazy?

They are Mansfield Town through and through. We wouldn't get a better set of people financing and running the club.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Nobody is demanding expulsions from The Board (nobody with any rationality, that is). Some folk are letting their inabilities to handle disappointment colour their judgement.

It isn’t unreasonable, however to expect the Board to jump off the fence - Back him or Sack him (John Dempster, that is)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:57 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Nobody is demanding expulsions from The Board (nobody with any rationality, that is). Some folk are letting their inabilities to handle disappointment colour their judgement.

It isn’t unreasonable, however to expect the Board to jump off the fence - Back him or Sack him (John Dempster, that is)
Exactly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Why would that be crazy?

They are Mansfield Town through and through. We wouldn't get a better set of people financing and running the club.

We could do.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:09 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Why would that be crazy?

We could do.

Such as?

We could also get someone who could bankrupt us.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 pm

We wouldn’t in all probability have a club without our owners and board. Freaky how some are reacting on this “board”. They know more about running this club than us and of course will make mistakes but questioning their roles is strange. I could understand it more if we were in the situation that shower of raspberry across the M1 find themselves in but we aren’t.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:49 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:We wouldn’t in all probability have a club without our owners and board. Freaky how some are reacting on this “board”. They know more about running this club than us and of course will make mistakes but questioning their roles is strange. I could understand it more if we were in the situation that shower of raspberry across the M1 find themselves in but we aren’t.

We've gone from armchair managers to armchair board members now it seems on here
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:03 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:We wouldn’t in all probability have a club without our owners and board. Freaky how some are reacting on this “board”. They know more about running this club than us and of course will make mistakes but questioning their roles is strange. I could understand it more if we were in the situation that shower of raspberry across the M1 find themselves in but we aren’t.

We've gone from armchair managers to armchair board members now it seems on here

Lazy analysis of another’s opinions. Just because you cannot comprehend higher level concepts, football or otherwise, doesn’t mean that everyone else can’t.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:15 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Lazy analysis of another’s opinions. Just because you cannot comprehend higher levels of concepts football or otherwise, doesn’t mean that everyone else can’t.

To question their decision to sack DF and replace him with JD is quite understandable. To question their motives and love for the club, I find astonishing.

Be careful what you wish for.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:16 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Lazy analysis of another’s opinions. Just because you cannot comprehend higher level concepts, football or otherwise, doesn’t mean that everyone else can’t.

You're right. I'll leave it to the experts eh :roll:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Lazy analysis of another’s opinions. Just because you cannot comprehend higher levels of concepts football or otherwise, doesn’t mean that everyone else can’t.

To question their decision to sack DF and replace him with JD is quite understandable. To question their motives and love for the club, I find astonishing.

Be careful what you wish for.

Literally (and I can’t stress this enough) nobody has questioned ‘love for the club’ because that, as baffling as it may seem, is not what is being debated. Competency, in a variety of areas however is in question. That’s not a crime.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

Steve and the board may have all agreed that JD was the man for the job. I can see why they did it. Obviously its not working as it stands and they have some key decisions to make or break us. JD may even succeed which if kept, is another key decision, who knows?

But please cut them some slack in terms of abuse. Many feel dempster isnt good enough now and want him out, that if fair but dont take it to the next level and alienate the people who are funding the club and its infrastructure.

When those people patronise and condescend to us trying to whitewash what many of us said was an awful decision and has turned out that way then we have the right of reply

Maybe its shaping up to be a bad decision, had it have turned out to be a masterplan then we wouldn't be complaining. In all walks of life potentially bad decisions are made - the point i'm making, how is trying to hound someone outgoing to solve anything?

Most aren't trying to hound Mr Hymas out they are simply replying to his point of view and seemingly vested interest involvement in what has been a defining decision. We simply want the club to acknowledge that this awful appointment hasn't worked, swallow their pride and get in an experienced manager we can get behind and support wholeheartedly...not simply decry the overwhelming evidence that his has been a failure and is splitting the club.

And the problem with getting in an experienced manager is that Mr. Humans, still thinks he knows better and can tell him who to pick.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Big yella wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

Steve and the board may have all agreed that JD was the man for the job. I can see why they did it. Obviously its not working as it stands and they have some key decisions to make or break us. JD may even succeed which if kept, is another key decision, who knows?

But please cut them some slack in terms of abuse. Many feel dempster isnt good enough now and want him out, that if fair but dont take it to the next level and alienate the people who are funding the club and its infrastructure.

When those people patronise and condescend to us trying to whitewash what many of us said was an awful decision and has turned out that way then we have the right of reply

Maybe its shaping up to be a bad decision, had it have turned out to be a masterplan then we wouldn't be complaining. In all walks of life potentially bad decisions are made - the point i'm making, how is trying to hound someone outgoing to solve anything?

Most aren't trying to hound Mr Hymas out they are simply replying to his point of view and seemingly vested interest involvement in what has been a defining decision. We simply want the club to acknowledge that this awful appointment hasn't worked, swallow their pride and get in an experienced manager we can get behind and support wholeheartedly...not simply decry the overwhelming evidence that his has been a failure and is splitting the club.

And the problem with getting in an experienced manager is that Mr. Humans, still thinks he knows better and can tell him who to pick.

Didn't we have two experienced managers before who achieved absolute diddly squat with big money? And no that's not me saying stick with Dempster
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Bobby, Evans walked, DF made playoffs.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 pm

The One wrote:Bobby, Evans walked, DF made playoffs.

And here we are in league two still!

Made play offs makes it sound like we snuck in on the last game when really the team and DF bottled it come end of the season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

And here we are in league two still!

Agreed, with a rookie manger and season over.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 am

I have an angry post and a deep breath post.
Annoyed any stags fan could even think of calling our owners and board of directors.
Annoyed I've been thinking that we will be in top 3 for last 2 seasons and failing.
We are Mansfield and I should be so happy we are solvent and in the league.
I'm so so glad I'm not a cheaterfield or snotts county attender.

Still got a buzz when we won in non league and they lost in the league though.
I'm happy we are solvent and hope we improve at home.
I also hope our owners get over the disappointment as much as we do.
Cost me nothing to support the stags. Cost them millions.
Thank you.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:02 am

Big yella wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Is that fact or fake news ? That is a honest question as I don't know.

Could it be a recommendation based on the " failure " of not achieving promotion with two experienced managers ? If it was, then I would suggest the recommendation was given in good faith. As I understand it, the board with the exception of Carolyn agreed. I'm sure it was discussed at length and wasn't made on the whim of one person.

What I would like to see, when the time comes for the board to appoint a new manager, is a shortlist and from that shortlist they interview the top three. Their preferred method seems to be to just have one target, rather than advertise.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Supposing Jones or Tisdale came in and was unable to get a better tune out of this bunch of bottleless wonders, how long would your wholehearted support last Chris... 3-4 games maybe?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 am

The Scottish manager achieved nothing. Worse still DF and his spunkless shower contrived to throw away an automatic spot with jaw dropping ineptitude post Xmas.

'made playoffs' :lol:

Felt very much a 'Sale of the Century' moment in May.
'Well done, you've made the playoffs :clap:

BUT HEEEERE'S WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON!!!

A super duper, sparkly, shiny, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious season in LEAGUE ONE :mexican_wave: :mexican_wave:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Why would that be crazy?

We could do.

Such as?

We could also get someone who could bankrupt us.

He has good intentions for the club, that's it. That's all anyone ever says, 'he loves the club'. Is that the only pre-requisite for being a businessman, ambassador and key decision maker at the club? Does he 'bleed amber and blue'? Oh that's fine then... But that doesn't mean he knows what's best for the club, as the DF/JD decision is showing.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:48 am

It was only Carolyn that disagreed with that decision........

They took a gamble on JD, its not paying off. As lord sugar, in business you sometimes have to take a gamble. We would have unearthed a promising young manager and some bigger club could have come in with a big compensation bill for his services. The only reason the abuse its being thrown their way is because it hasnt paid off. This will in some form or another iron itself out.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 am

Worse still? So would you prefer us as midtable also rans rather than enter the play offs?

Also, why does everyone seem to think that we were nailed on for promotion under Evans? He finished 12th, got us to 5th when he left. How do people KNOW? People call the players bottlers, how can they be so sure we'd go up and so sure the players wouldn't have bottled it for Evans as well, had he stayed?

Or are people still on that hype train?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Chander Lear wrote:As lord sugar, in business you sometimes have to take a gamble.

Remember first time I watched the Apprentice aswell
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum