{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scared to lose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scared to lose

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:As lord sugar, in business you sometimes have to take a gamble.

Remember first time I watched the Apprentice aswell

JD, you're fired.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 am

Karen Brady still got it to be fair
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:05 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:He has good intentions for the club, that's it. That's all anyone ever says, 'he loves the club'. Is that the only pre-requisite for being a businessman, ambassador and key decision maker at the club? Does he 'bleed amber and blue'? Oh that's fine then... But that doesn't mean he knows what's best for the club, as the DF/JD decision is showing.

This is spot on. Some on here are still confusing commitment and competency. Would these people rather have people who love the club but have no idea how to run it football or otherwise, or people with no emotional ties to the club but have the knowledge and the ability to take us forward in all facets. Sadly, it'd likely be the former, because as AWC says, that's the only pre-requisite these people require.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:05 am

Spiritater wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The abuse the board is getting in particular steve is not cool. If these people leave, who love the club and put in their own cash, then JR will need to find new board members who are willing to put cash in to fill the void. I cannot imagine there being too many people out there willing to do what they do.

Steve and the board may have all agreed that JD was the man for the job. I can see why they did it. Obviously its not working as it stands and they have some key decisions to make or break us. JD may even succeed which if kept, is another key decision, who knows?

But please cut them some slack in terms of abuse. Many feel dempster isnt good enough now and want him out, that if fair but dont take it to the next level and alienate the people who are funding the club and its infrastructure.

When those people patronise and condescend to us trying to whitewash what many of us said was an awful decision and has turned out that way then we have the right of reply

Maybe its shaping up to be a bad decision, had it have turned out to be a masterplan then we wouldn't be complaining. In all walks of life potentially bad decisions are made - the point i'm making, how is trying to hound someone outgoing to solve anything?

Most aren't trying to hound Mr Hymas out they are simply replying to his point of view and seemingly vested interest involvement in what has been a defining decision. We simply want the club to acknowledge that this awful appointment hasn't worked, swallow their pride and get in an experienced manager we can get behind and support wholeheartedly...not simply decry the overwhelming evidence that his has been a failure and is splitting the club.

Supposing Jones or Tisdale came in and was unable to get a better tune out of this bunch of bottleless wonders, how long would your wholehearted support last Chris... 3-4 games maybe?

Don't presume to know me Spiritater. I supported both SE and DF. I have been true to my opinion about this appointment from the start based on my own views that it was an appointment that I personally couldn't see any hope of succeeding based on the managers lack of experience and credentials. I haven't blown hot and cold as some have. If I felt from the start (like I did DF after how his Swindon had destroyed us with excellent football) that the manager was right for the club then he as well as the team have my total support
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Big yella wrote:And the problem with getting in an experienced manager is that Mr. Humans, still thinks he knows better and can tell him who to pick.

Is that fact or fake news ? That is a honest question as I don't know.

Could it be a recommendation based on the " failure " of not achieving promotion with two experienced managers ? If it was, then I would suggest the recommendation was given in good faith. As I understand it, the board with the exception of Carolyn agreed. I'm sure it was discussed at length and wasn't made on the whim of one person.

What I would like to see, when the time comes for the board to appoint a new manager, is a shortlist and from that shortlist they interview the top three. Their preferred method seems to be to just have one target, rather than advertise.

He came out and publicly slated DF for not playing youth teamers last season.

I agree with you about drawing up a shortlist and interviewing the preferred candidates. That's how we found Paul Cox, and we got the right man for the job at hand.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Big yella wrote:And the problem with getting in an experienced manager is that Mr. Humans, still thinks he knows better and can tell him who to pick.

Could it be a recommendation based on the " failure " of not achieving promotion with two experienced managers ? If it was, then I would suggest the recommendation was given in good faith. As I understand it, the board with the exception of Carolyn agreed. I'm sure it was discussed at length and wasn't made on the whim of one person.

What I would like to see, when the time comes for the board to appoint a new manager, is a shortlist and from that shortlist they interview the top three. Their preferred method seems to be to just have one target, rather than advertise.

I agree with you about drawing up a shortlist and interviewing the preferred candidates. That's how we found Paul Cox, and we got the right man for the job at hand.

viewtopic.php?p=761344#p761344
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 44#p761344

Still laugh every time I read that 'big, strong and fast' description of Zayn Hakeem, touted as the saviour of our season and months later playing for Barwell FC in the Southern League Central Division.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=761344#p761344

That's the one.

Basically saying Zayn Hakeem should have been in the squad last season as we pushed for promotion. The same player released by the youth team manager SH helped promote.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 pm

And people wonder who is keeping the manager in a job!!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:25 pm

I must have missed the Hymas thread quoted.

Think two of the Board need some bedtime reading
Carolyn

" The effect of Social Media and Self Ego"

Mr Hymas

Football for Dummies
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 pm

One week on, the manager shows he is so scared of losing that he will not start with one of three flair players.
He now appears almost paralysed by the fear of losing games or his job that he is becoming so conservative in his line up choices that it will cost him his job.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:31 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:One week on, the manager shows he is so scared of losing that he will not start with one of three flair players.
He now appears almost paralysed by the fear of losing games or his job that he is becoming so conservative in his line up choices that it will cost him his job.

Exactly what I said at the game. He is defensive through and through. He was like a shop dummy at breaks in play. He was generally the furthest one away from the players. Thought the manager was supposed to motivate???
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:One week on, the manager shows he is so scared of losing that he will not start with one of three flair players.

Exactly what I said at the game. He is defensive through and through. He was like a shop dummy at breaks in play. He was generally the furthest one away from the players. Thought the manager was supposed to motivate???

Basically same as when Murray was in charge. We’ve done full circle...
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 pm

The only thing he got right was the substitutions for once but I think the West Stand made those decisions for him!
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 pm

I guess those who want to blame Logan for something can blame him for single handedly keeping Dempster in a job. You will get no arguments on that from me.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:

The only thing he got right was the substitutions for once but I think the West Stand made those decisions for him!

But what took him so long. He's clueless. .... but at least JR was there to see it and feel the lack of atmosphere and the toxic feeling from the fans
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

But what took him so long. He's clueless. .... but at least JR was there to see it and feel the lack of atmosphere and the toxic feeling from the fans

JR has posted video on instagram and Facebook i believe as well. From the videos in the board room, he doesn’t seem too disappointed, or sound like a man that was about to get rid of Dempster
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:31 pm

He’s literally is Adam Murray mark 2.

He is sacking himself through his unimaginative, negative, uninspiring football at home.

Piss off your punters at home - which he is doing with aplomb - and you’ve lost.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:01 pm

adamstag wrote:He’s literally is Adam Murray mark 2.

He is sacking himself through his unimaginative, negative, uninspiring football at home.

Piss off your punters at home - which he is doing with aplomb - and you’ve lost.

Adam Murray had quite a limited budget to work with and signed players who have been the spine of this team for the last 3 seasons.

Maybe with the benefit of hindsight, had Mureay been given Evans's budget he may have been a bit less negative.

Mureay knew how to get the team up for derby too.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 pm

adamstag wrote:He’s literally is Adam Murray mark 2.

He's even mirrored the Murray meeting with fans with the radio phone in.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum