{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Town - Players Not Paid (EFL Investigates)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Macclesfield Town - Players Not Paid (EFL Investigates)

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:52 pm

From a selfish perspective it’s a shame it’s Macclesfield given how close they are to home, would much rather it be some pointless southern craphole like Stevenage
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:06 pm

What chance does the EFL stand in any arguments with the FA and the odious Premier League when self determination and the pyramid is in peril? Today the EFL hands a former chief executive half a million pounds as a severance payment and loses an appeal against its own disciplinary system.

Today the EFL used terrible news to bury news that would embarrass themselves. Another nail in the coffin.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:51 am

I know that in the Premier league all the teams get more cash the higher up the table they finish.Does this payment occur in the other efl leagues?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am

geoffhill wrote:I know that in the Premier league all the teams get more cash the higher up the table they finish.Does this payment occur in the other efl leagues?

not in League Two
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 pm

In court again tomorrow to face another winding up order.

Details, if you are on twitter, are on the Price of football site.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:10 pm

The winding up petition against Macclesfield Town has been adjourned until March 25th. A lawyer representing the club told the judge they intend to sell shares and an offer has been accepted
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 pm

An Update From Amar AlKadhi

"Back in December, I advised that negotiations regarding the sale of a controlling stake in the club were at an advanced stage with various third parties. Much progress has been made in this regard since then and this is exemplified by the fact that bids have now been accepted in principle. Legally, I cannot divulge any further information on these as they are subject to non-disclosure agreements which I have to respect. Suffice to say that every effort is being made to conclude this process in a timely manner and that I will work tirelessly with everyone concerned until the sale is complete."

https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2020/januar ... r-alkadhi/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Macclesfield Town have appointed former Manchester City winger Mark Kennedy as their new manager.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:24 am

adamstag wrote:From a selfish perspective it’s a shame it’s Macclesfield given how close they are to home, would much rather it be some pointless southern craphole like Stevenage

So Clownty & Spirites going down was horrendous?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

stag861 wrote:
adamstag wrote:From a selfish perspective it’s a shame it’s Macclesfield given how close they are to home, would much rather it be some pointless southern craphole like Stevenage

Whatever the rivalries and gloating at their demise can anyone say that the season is richer for not having Chesterfield and County plus Lincoln to play. I know who I'd rather play than Stevenage, Morecambe, Crawley and the rest.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
stag861 wrote:

Whatever the rivalries and gloating at their demise can anyone say that the season is richer for not having Chesterfield and County plus Lincoln to play. I know who I'd rather play than Stevenage, Morecambe, Crawley and the rest.

The only thing wrong with playing Stevenage, Morecambe and Crawley rather than the Spireites, Clownty and the Gimps is that it is because the Gimps are above us and not below us.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
stag861 wrote:

Yep. It’s massively enriched
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Anyone gagging to have t'sheep to play needs to see doctor. I bet they never had the same feeling when we went down. They got more enjoyment laughing their c ocks off every week at us.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Spiritater wrote:Anyone gagging to have t'sheep to play needs to see doctor. I bet they never had the same feeling when we went down. They got more enjoyment laughing their c ocks off every week at us.

Correct bud. In 5 years of them being in the pit of hell, may consider it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:54 pm

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Anyone gagging to have t'sheep to play needs to see doctor. I bet they never had the same feeling when we went down. They got more enjoyment laughing their c ocks off every week at us.

They considered us irrelevant as they didn't expect to play us again and the Sheffield based clubs were their new local rivals.

Karma can be cruel, given the irony of their situation.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
stag861 wrote:

Unless we lost to them! Which this season would have been a distinct possibility :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
The One wrote:

They considered us irrelevant as they didn't expect to play us again and the Sheffield based clubs were their new local rivals.

Karma can be cruel, given the irony of their situation.

Amongst the wishes I whispered to Santa on Xmas Eve was the heartfelt desire to watch t'sheep walk out at The Impact Arena next season, so long as we don't clash fixtures.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58 am

Sorry guys I honestly dont get it.....genuinely I dont....whatever attitudes anyone else had to our previous demise do you really think football is the better without having local rivalries? The Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, East Midlands , North and South London games each season are the highlights of all those fans and team's seasons?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:36 am

I never want to see the demise of any club and feel sorry for decent supporters..maybe after 5 or 6 yrs in the pit of misery I might sway a little for all those that gave me hell at work on a daily basis but not just yet eh! ...karma.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:30 pm

To quote the great Yoda:-

"Sheep pen, fire on, pee I would not"

The sooner they no longer exist (again) the happier I will be.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Sorry guys I honestly dont get it.....genuinely I dont....whatever attitudes anyone else had to our previous demise do you really think football is the better without having local rivalries? The Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, East Midlands , North and South London games each season are the highlights of all those fans and team's seasons?

Of course the season's better without the rivalry of t'sheep.
Now I'm able to laugh at em every single day, and many times this season on a Sat evening has cheered my mood going on blob's bored to see a wrist slash frenzy as they roll over again
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Sorry guys I honestly dont get it.....genuinely I dont....whatever attitudes anyone else had to our previous demise do you really think football is the better without having local rivalries? The Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, East Midlands , North and South London games each season are the highlights of all those fans and team's seasons?

A visit to Spireiteland is not something that I miss as much as the pleasure of watching them suffer.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

A visit to Spireiteland is not something that I miss as much as the pleasure of watching them suffer.

Belly has hit the nail on the head, for as much as since the age of ten have looked forward to playing the church benders with a passion that has no comparison in sport, seeing them wither, twisting in pain as a club as their stay in non-league extends whilst their search for a saviour leads to nowhere. I just think frick them, it’s Karma, I will enjoy it whilst it lasts (and long may it continue to do so).

I know we don’t have our derby game again this season, no County and Lincoln are good days out and are plastic derbies at best, but I can live without it season after season after season after season..... :D :D :D
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Been charged again for failing to fulfil their fixture vs Plymouth.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Two unfulfilled fixtures. Had it been in Sweden, Macclesfield had been thrown out of the League for failing to fulfil two fixtures. Translated into English Leagues: thrown out of League Two and demoted to National League North. Think EFL should deduct Macc a further six points for not fulfulling their home fixtures against Crewe and Plymouth last December. Those who run the EFL should be ashamed of themselves, also considering the situation at Bury which should have been solved before the final day of last season. Enough said.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum